1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Speaking of being not super obvious. What is #300 a reaction to?

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Typhon, what I saw from miners case on you and liked was that your campaign for lump went quite wishy-washy, filling things with qualifiers. Like, that's a direction I can go if I lack self confidence as town, but within the context of wanting to be a Lump - which scum probably doesn't want - it seemed like a way I would go to try and slip under the radar in the Lump discussion. Throw my hat in, but be indecisive and so avoid being chosen.

Especially given then the consensus felt more like give it to strong town/campaigner, unlike the current direction.

But now that you're posting I like you again. Gah. Need to reread your first posts.

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

---

panda panda panda

4. Quiddity

High Score:
    Jarizok seems to be discussing fonti.

Sometimes the way y'all talk about fonti, it's like she's been broken by mafia. Sad feels.

---------- Post automerged at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Yeah I mean I don't really have any opinion on him yet. I was prompting you guys as a way of prompting myself. I have an annoying tendency to only think about or hunt the people posting with me.

5. Jarizok

Yeah I got that it was about Fonti, just don't see how #298 prompted that but no matter.

What do you guys think about Waco? He had a couple of posts that felt like he was doing something but I got nothing from him.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not dead, just adjusting to there being 100+ new posts everytime I step away from my computer.

The flow is natural, which comes from being friends admittedly, but that reads well. I don't think scum!either of you would be so overly inane in inflating your post counts, especially with each other. I'm seeing angles of thought Snow seems to be carrying in his evolving town game which is nice. 76-78 portion of the exchange just seemed really solid to me. Despite me being completely off base in.. American Gods? I still feel like I have a decent handle on town!Jan.

Because Snow is actively trying to improve his play and people don't know how to take it. And you can be difficult to read. And inflated post counts piss people off :p

TMI implies information which in turn implies confirmed knowledge. Everything I've said is there for people if they bother looking. So no, I don't agree.

Which game? I haven't looked at any of my old stuff in ages.

---------- Post automerged at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Does fluff actually have more posts then me? Jesus.
    Jarizok how sarcastic were you being in 207?

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I think quid goes into that town side of null section with Jarizok. Not as convinced as I am with Snow, but definitely not interested in string them up either.

8. Quiddity

High Score:
    Damn, he's in this game. I've got nothing.

Hmm. Most of his plays are early goofing, and he's not really explaining his reads later. He's also got a feel on Math, but it comes from somewhere different and I'm not sure where. Seems very relaxed/laid-back. I mean, you can be brusque and short and get away with it, but he's not pushing anywhere.

---------- Post automerged at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

That was about waco.

9. Jarizok

Koalas Well you see, I think Von is town. Therefore, the scumteam put forth by Mathblade is probably incorrect. I can see where they got Typhon and Miner scum though, but only individually. The interaction does not feel aligned to me (or was that after that post?). The sarcastic tone comes from the full scumteam proposal not even halfway through D1. That's probably not the way to go.

But yeah, I'm split on my Mathblade read. There's things I agree with and things I disagree with there, your proposed alignment chief among them. Slightly leaning towards misguided town (as in, I believe in my reads so they must be wrong) rather than scum though.

10. Koalas

High Score:
    Gotcha. Was mostly asking because that post together with your read wall was.. an interesting moment haha. Also you're terrible at reading me but hey. Things to work on.

---------- Post automerged at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

This is the last direct thing on miner you said snow so I'm going to assume it was at least partially in answer to my question.

Putting aside the 'to much wine for scum' bizarro mindset does a combination of calling themselves expendable and unlikely to survive as lump really read as town to you, that reads like setting yourself up to be talked into a stronger/better lump to me.

11. Jarizok

I'll settle for being bad at reading you if you concede that you're not the towniest of townspeople to ever play this game? I dunno man, I didn't like your attack on Fonti and there wasn't much else to judge you on.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Waco was actually my first townread, after his tone here:
    and here:
    I don't think he approaches the game with this kind of joking mentality as scum. I also liked the way he poked at me.

Typhon has done a good job of pointing out town posts from Von. I'll leave it at that. Typhon is also trying to increase his post count, and held himself to that early on, a move he is unlikely to take as scum.

I also think this is genuine.

Q read Typhon town immediately after that post, and is saying things I mostly agree with, so points for him.

I don't Jarizok asks for points for privately souping as town is play, and having the thought process at all makes him pretty town.

I don't think Math is trying to buddy anyone, which I associate with their scumplay, except possibly me. They're also an easy lynch, and I'd prefer not to have to go there toDay.

I have general positive feelings on Jan that cannot be evaluated well. I do not recommend anyone else taking them into account.

Miner's posts are clipped, like he's unsure about what he's writing. The demonturtle read, as Q pointed out, is incredibly weak, as is the connection he drew between turtle and Typhon. I believe he's making them up.

Between him and Kalas, I am unsure on who is scummier, so let's kill and check them both.

Finally, we're not lumping Kai. It would give an additional excuse to be lazy, and he really doesn't need any more.

13. Jarizok

Does this mean you don't want to lump/lynch in fluff/turtle for low postcount?

14. fontisian

Unvote
    Unlump Vote
    Vote Kalas

You are mafia. You do not comment on things as merely "interesting" without further thought as town. You do not take the time to tell a new player that they're bad at reading you as town.

---------- Post automerged at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Eh. It'd probably be a bad idea?

Lump Miner

I actually think both Miner and Kalas have the town based skills to be good late game lumps.

---------- Post automerged at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Lump Miner

15. Koalas

High Score:
    I'm not the towniest to ever play this game and have never (seriously) suggested I am. Like my overall posting tendencies get me lumped in the POE almost every game regardless of alignment. It's an issue I've been trying to correct.

---------- Post automerged at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

You're going to pull something if you keep reaching like this. Interesting as that post and the readwall did not align in thinking. I asked for it and Jarizok gave adequate clarification. This all obvious without being said.

16. fontisian

Fontisian
    Typhon
    Von
    Waco

Q
    Jarizok
    Demonturtle
    Math
    Jan

Hisfluffiness
    Kai

Miner
    Kalas

---------- Post automerged at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Damn it. Math and Jan should be the same color as turtle.

---------- Post automerged at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

If any of you have time, take a moment to go back through previous games for instances of "interesting" used like these. See how many times it's from scum. In my experience, it's incredibly common.

17. Jarizok

I agree that a townfirmed Koalas/Miner would be an asset lategame.

I think Typhon might be a harder lynch than either of them though. I'd rather see Typhon scumfirmed than Koalas/Miner. I'm not as convinced of Typhon's scumminess anymore, but a townfirmed Typhon wouldn't be less of an asset than townfirmed Koalas/Miner either right?

Conclusion: I'm fine with Lumping Koalas if majority says that's the play to make, but I still like the Typhon lump.

---------- Post automerged at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Von, will you be my Tom this game?

---------- Post automerged at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

(You have to townread me by now, for I have surpassed your postcount)

18. Koalas

High Score:
    Are you seriously scum reading me off of a language tell? And not even a Kalas language tell but a general one?

19. Jarizok

inb4: Yes /10char.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't know what that means.

---------- Post automerged at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

@ Jarizok

ten