1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Good enough for me.

The exact answer that I was looking for was that he was making yet another contentless post to drag his post count up, then celebrating surpassing Mathblade as an achievement despite the fact that she hasn't posted much, all with a side of making an false equivalency between the amount of content he and they have produced.

---------- Post automerged at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

I mean, you're not wrong. So why are you townreading miner again?

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

BECAUSE.

Ugh.

Maybe I'll Lump him instead. :I

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Wait, Demon was in Naruto? I was in Naruto. Did s/he like die day 1?

The point is scum!miner has two reads she's pushing, one on Typhon, one on Demon. Typhon has some substance to it - it made me Lump him - but Demon's was really really lacking. I hadn't noticed it before because I thought it was 100% a joke.

Now the issue is he's not trying to solve the game, so he's not thinking in terms of the strength of each of the cases. I initially thought miner was just being lazy in jumping for Typhon lump alongside anyone else, but that's not it. He genuinely doesn't see a material difference, even though there's two words of Demon's that are independently scummy.

Anyway, scum!miner wants to do his votes. There's some votes for Lumping Typhon so he goes with that, lynching Demon. It's lazy play, but not clearly scummy, so I ask him why not vote the other way.

When prompted, he switches to Typhon, but he doesn't want to admit to there being nothing behind the Demon read, so he doubles down with that nonsense.

TL;DR: looks lazy, but is actually scum!miner not thinking about solving the game.

4. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Hey Von, how are your feeling about the game right now?

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Actually, let me ask you guys (mostly Snow, but other miner town readers are welcome to chip in) something: if I put together a miner case, can I talk you into voting him (or at the very least stop townreading him)? Because I don't really want to spend time on it if I'm going to get a pat on the head and told we're clearly v/v, but if you're open to seeing that he's scummy then I will.

6. Quiddity

High Score:
    Same lmao

Dude, you realise you're trying to justify what Demonturtle did as a scum move, not a town one, right?

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Lol, looks like Q feels the same way.

I cannot shake the feeling that I let my guard down and got fonti-ceptioned, but this game feels remarkably in hand right now.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm pretty sure demonturtle was the Judge role in NarutoMafia. I distinctly remember trying to get her mislynched D1.

---------- Post automerged at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Ask me again after I finish this bottle of wine.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

???

Look at my voting pattern.

First vote:

Lump: miner.

Second vote:

Lump: Typhon
    Lynch: demonturtle.

Third vote:

Lump: miner
    Lynch: Typhon.

What do you think changed between the second and third vote?

That's right, people actually wanted to lump me. Do you want to know why I switched off to Typhon in the first place?

Because he had lump votes on him, but no lynch votes! I'm currently tunneling him as scum. If I don't get to lynch him, I sure as hell am gonna lump him. And also, no one was freaking willing to give me lump.

I want lump because I want to be townfirmed. And some voting power. All I wanted was to see my plan from AYAW 4 realized AKA get townfirmed and get shot.

Also, Quid, you don't get to talk to me about solving the game when you have yet to provide anything in the way of solving the game either.

All you're doing is pointing fingers and being like "Hey guys look miner's scum because of all these reasons hey look at me aren't I special for jumping on his wagon."

Von, lump me.

Also, you do realize that when I was like "make an actual case" I was trying to show how poor his case was? And its general lack of accuracy on what I was saying?

10. Quiddity

High Score:
    This is another thing actually. I don't follow the Lump moves of Miner. Like, he pushed Typhon for it, which seems like he's going with my idea for second scum vote, but now it's on him.

It kinda works with a whole push to consolidate, but...it was like 12hrs into the day. Why do you want things tied up then?

---------- Post automerged at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Ugh, cross posts suck. Sorry.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Personally, as town, I'd much rather a harder to read player or someone who's mislynch bait were townfirmed.

---------- Post automerged at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Also, being obsessed with solving the game D1 promotes nothing but stress.

Chill.

We will lynch the Coven.

Calmly.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Not if I'm trying to show that it's scum trying to look like town.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

That was TMNTurtwig.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

I want lump because I want to be townfirmed.

If I can't have it then I want scum to have it so they can die.

Simple enough?

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Really? I thought they were both in that game ._.

---------- Post automerged at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

Why is being townfirmed more of a priority than killing scum???

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I can confirm demonturtle was not in the game.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay so I guess demonturtle played in American Gods, and...something else? I swear she had a second game.

Probably one of the other mini mafias.

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Mathblade

I'm glad my votes already on Mathblade b/c their posts just seem off. I don't see someone looking out for reads, I see someone trying to launch a catapult through a wall. And the substitution of anger (Horrible, this post is horrible, This is how mafia works, OMG, etc) feels a lot like scum!Mathblade in my debut game.

Yes, I know Mathblade can push incorrect worlds with incredible force as town, but I don't see that. I see anger substituted for a solid push

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yes, MathBlade waving around the word "horrible" every five seconds also made me squint.

---------- Post automerged at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Still think they were buddying font.

Which font admitted was more likely to come from scum!MB.

Like.

"I've been practicing over on MS and I also discovered a secret town!metatell for font! btw I don't like using meta for reads"

[​IMG]

20. Quiddity

High Score:
    I want to say forget the Lump thing, because it's getting real meta and I feel like I'm just shouting OMGUS. But I can't because that's kinda where the weird behavior comes from.

I just don't...

But okay, whatever. Let's say this is your attitude. Why do you care about consolidating lump votes on Typhon? It's the first 12hrs, there's at least another 36 to go. Even if you think your own lumpy campaign is over, surely there's a chance you can push more people on Typhon: especially given I at least was lumping him because I was feeling more suspicious.

---------- Post automerged at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

I mean I agree, but why did you say you disagreed with my reasoning on Mathblade way back when (I said he felt way too savage for normal Math).