1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I mean, the why would have been nice too.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I have a good feeling about it.

I said that.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Q, you got any questions for me?

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Typhon I'll get caught up/scum cases tomorrow. Just got back from watching the World Juniors and I'm really not in the mood.

5. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What do you think of miner or fluffy?

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Waco do you have a good feeling about me?

You can tell me

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't know if I'm genuinely amused by Kai's posts or if it's the wine.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I'll keep an eye out for it dear.

---------- Post automerged at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Me and the guys over in scumchat have something pretty spicy brewing for miner - kinda wondering if I should drop it tonight or let the suspense build.

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------
    Snowvon I snickered at 502, so could be either way :p

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Man, I want to do something important.

10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

This sounds like a man who wants a mission. Do you want a mission Snow?

---------- Post automerged at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

We can make it choose your own adventure style, where I offer 2 and you pick one.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ooh, yes.

Gimme.

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Awesome. Here's your choices - I don't /really/ feel things with regards to Waco or Jan. Make a case that makes me feel real feelings about either of them, good or bad.

Acceptable to give me a couple of lines and a read, but I'd love you way more if you'd string something convincing together.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'm a little concerned about Miner

1) He's doing that "lynch either of these two" thing he did as scum in HPMafia

This last post feels very Rule of 3 if Miner is scum

I don't agree with Miner that this is like how he tunnelled tom. This has the focus but lacks the intensity of that. With tom, Miner was outright confrontational. Here it feels like only to a point. And that last sentance AtE

And #485 feels self-concious/preserve-ish

---------- Post automerged at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

I don't have much on HF who once again is doing his best to reach kaiDash-ian levels of inactivity and unhelpfulness in the early stages

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

The Waco Kid while I'm doing the whole mission assignment thing, what are the odds you could talk to me about Kalas? What do you think of him so far and why?

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Eh.

With Jan, it's more like. The more pleasant and carefree he's being, the more likely he is to be town.

That's not a good read to hold onto, but I think it's a decent enough start. Later on in the game, I think he shines as town.

That game where you and Newcomb and SlipperyAx were Witches? I had to bet the game on him being town, and I did, and I never really had any serious "oh god what if Jan is a Witch" panic attacks. Because Jan was honestly trying to solve the game and it showed.

I don't think you should sweat trying to read him on D1 tbh, but I personally don't think he's a Witch.

---

I'm deferring to font on Waco, but only for now.

---------- Post automerged at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

oh my god kaidashian kardashian i'm going to die laughing

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Oh god, don't remind me of that travesty of a game. But cool, I continue to be fine with punting him till later. We'll count that as a mission success.

You wanna read a wall or nah?

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I want as many commitments form you as you're willing to make.

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I mean, I feel like I'm making all of the commitments here. You know I'm at least a million miles outside of my scumrange right now. But sure thing, let me finish getting fonti's feedback on this wall and I'll drop it off ;)

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

"I'm so out of my scumrange it's not even funny!" said Newcomb, the Witch.

---------- Post automerged at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

I have SO MANY POSTS.

Who let this happen.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yes, well, that's true. But we lost that game, so if I am a witch and that holds then you're on track :D

---------- Post automerged at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Also lol, I have been to endgame with less posts than I have right now. I have no idea what's come over me.

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

So here's what I have here - I'm going to provide a summary of the pertinent stuff in each post along with a link, and then I'm going to draw conclusions at the end. Conclusions might slip into the individual summaries if necessary to make sure it reads smoothly, but the summaries are mostly a time-saver for people who don't feel like clicking the links and doing the critical thinking themselves.

-Starts lump campaign with his first non-complete-fluff post in 27.

-151 is his next real post. He does the following there: mentions he still wants lump, starts to scumread turtle for something that feels super jokey/fluffy, pushes me for being "self-conscious" (no citation) and "being overly concerned about votes". Since the vote in question was a demonturtle lump vote, concludes there might be me/demonturtle team. Having made this connection, sees my post 139 as partner interaction.

-170 mentions he wants lump again.

-172 is fluff masquerading as a read - "Jan I tunneled you one time but that didn't work; I want to townread you now but I don't feel comfortable townreading you now so I guess this is just a post to say you're null."

-193 is more Jan nothingness with a side of Kalas nothingness - literally just "[They're] weird this game."

-198 is a good catch with regards to a Kai inconsistency - specifically, he actually looked reasonably active then and was pushing for lump but hadn't even self-voted.

-200 is a post dedicated to pointing out issues with my lump campaign opener - specifically that he felt that I had done it because I'd be scumread for not doing so but didn't actually want it, as shown by the fact that I hadn't mentioned it again, was overly concerned with votes, and didn't have a high postcount (the last in reference to my claim of trying a new, high activity playstyle).

-Snow offers counterpoints to those, and miner responds with 212. Here he levels the following claims: 1)I am a low activity player, 2)my language is soft, not firm, and 3)my jokes are bad (easily the most hurtful bit) to again conclude I didn't actually want it (and the ensuing check). He touches on the demon lump vote again, then somehow links the above case with turtle backing off of wanting lump verbally as another connection between myself and turtle.

-214 links me (and the case from 212) to scum!Cobalt from the previous game. Reaffirms the turtle/me team.

-In 251 Miner bows to Snow lump voting me and does the same, and lynch votes on turtle because he wants to lynch inside of his world still. Asks Jarizok about his fonti read.

-Claims 2 long posts prior to 255 about how turtle and I are very much aligned, and doubles down on wanting to lynch/lump me and turtle in whichever order he can get.

-272 is more of the same, although here he says he'd prefer to lynch me and lump turtle if the thread would cooperate, but is willing to follow the lead of his townreads because he's new to Tinyhunt. Presumably that's just Snow here, it isn't specified.

-388 sees miner throw that out the window (likely impetus 299, which points out thought inconsistencies in folding to lump me despite wanting to lynch me and which he responds to in the post), declaring that he wants me dead and lump for himself. Points out I'm always talking about her (turtle) and calls 354 a weird sort of partner interaction (he calls it a tone read later, I don't really know how to describe it). Dedicates himself to tunneling me and the me/turtle world like he did tom in the previous game. Justifies his turtle scumread independent of association with me by saying post 66 felt like turtle's way of asking fonti for names to buddy or kill (I kinda lose track of the line of thought here - you should probably just read this post, bits are difficult to properly parse and/or summarize). Asks fluff to townfirm himself because miner thinks he's town if me/turtle are scum.

-391 is a response to me prodding him, doubles down on scum reading me and says his argument for such is evolving with interactions.

-In 401 miner responds to Snow raising an eyebrow at him tunneling me and the me/turtle world like he did Tom despite the fact he was wrong wrt tom. He defends it as having to follow his reads lest he just become sheep town, and town needing early gaming conviction.

-Snow doesn't really buy 401, so miner tries again in 406 to defend his comparison to a time he wrongly tunneled town. Here he says it was just a game where he had the confidence to follow his own reads, and mentions he's a new player.

-In 408 he indicates he's willing to be sold on another world after more back and forth with Snow.

-410 is where he calls the first weird bit in 388 a tone read.

-Isn't willing to accept arguments to lump me as something different in 413, tells Snow his openness to explore a different world was regarding a coven read, not just clearing me.

-Defense of his turtle read in 452. I'm going to let you read this one, because I'll be super snippy if I summarize - it reeks of "I'm scum but you're calling me out for the wrong reason" to me.

-460 is a weird comment about how Jarizok's tone is the same always after I indicate willingness to clear him for it. The weirdness explained in the conclusions bit.

-466 is a Q post, but it needs to be read. It points out a scum slip-esque miner post.

-469 is in response to a post from Q that is basically ripping him for pushing turtle with nothing of substance behind it. miner pushes with justification about his voting pattern, but curiously not so much wrt turtle. miner responds with a side of OMGUS to Q's accusation of miner not wanting to solve the game, just look like he was. Calls for lump again.

-472 is a defense against Q's 466 that I can't really parse.

-In 485 he claims that being townfirmed is more important to him that lynching scum. The reasoning would seem to hold (by that I mean internally consistent, not correct), as he indicates that he wants to remove the issue of him being mislynch bait later. The issue arises when he says killing scum is priority but he wants to townfirm himself in the absence of known scum while he's committed to tunneling me for being scum, and has double down more than once regarding his scum!turtle read.

-----------

In no particular order, these are my conclusions (note you should also read the post/summaries and draw your own conclusions):

-The turtle read is terribad. Q has already hammered pretty hard on this, but like. There's just... nothing there. Or rather, there is a case there, but it's hardcore lurking and tentativeness, not the case miner is putting forward. The connection between me and turtle was always weak, and he's far too determined to make it stick.

-He interacts a fair bit with the following: me, Jan (early), turtle (well, he definitely has a thing for calling turtle scummy at least - see prior point), Snow, font, and Q (defending himself). Snow, Q, and I are town, fonti is probably town, and it would be weird for him to do what he did with turtle with a scummate. The early talking with Jan where he interacted with him in such a way that it looked like he was giving a bit of a read but was ultimately nothing could well be significant if miner is scum. My way, way too early scum team might be fluff/miner/Jan from the thing I put together after fluff did his pseudo scum claim earlier.

-198 may well be the sort of doubtcasty thing scum do early to town if they get a chance to pounce on inconsistent reasoning - if miner is scum, Kai is fairly likely town.

-I kinda feel like, starting with 200, miner's doing that thing that inexperienced scum sometimes does where they sorta loiter D1 till they pick out a wounded gazelle or two from the pack, then pounce and spend a while trying to bring them down to the exclusion of all else. I used to do that shit in every game. Like, Q has said this already, but it's almost like miner made cases here, and those are just the cases that he's stuck with. And that makes sense as scum!miner; it doesn't really matter in that world whether he's always following the strongest case or not - either is equally good. And they weren't - like, I disagreed with his points about me, but they were more valid than the ones about turtle by far. And I feel like that disinterest in getting one over the other kinda leaked into the way he phrased things in a few spots and into the weird voting thing that's been hammered by others before Q called him on it in 299. This one is a little gutty, I'll readily admit, but it's also informed by him getting away with endgaming as town after tunneling the fuck out of tom last game, so I could easily see how he'd think he could get away with it as scum too. Being in that frame of mind makes him bringing up the tom tunnel game make more sense as well, as that kind of thing can just kinda slip out if you've been thinking about it, especially if you think you can get away with it.

-Regardless of what he said to me, I don't feel like he really believes in me as scum because his argument isn't evolving. Like, I'm not sure if I'm explaining what I mean properly there. I feel like he felt like his dissection of my lump campaign opener got some traction (and it did), and so he's just kinda continuing to parrot it. We jousted a little today, but that was mostly just us snarking at one another. I think if he really, really wanted me, he would have pounced on some more of the missteps I made (like the ass I made of the bit with fluff earlier). But he doesn't really believe it, he's just poking along in the same track and hoping that something might change and defending himself.

-I said this in 452's non-summary, but read 452 and tell me that isn't some straight up "right for the wrong reasons" leaking through.

-466 was a really strange thing for me. Like... I can't imagine the town mindset where you try and help a scum read that you feel so strongly about that you're tunneling them make a proper read on one of their townread. So like, if it wasn't to help me, then it was just random doubtcasting. Alternately, it was to help me, because miner just said what he thought and forgot we were mortal enemies for a second, which... yeah.

-Read the 485 summary again.

So uhh... kill the witch? Kill the witch.

Lynch: miner11121

---------- Post automerged at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Don't feel like trawling through the thread more right now, but do miner/fluff work well as a team? No idea offhand.