1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

They didn't go up my list for posting at all, they went up because they said towny-like things and acted solvey. It's hard to townlean someone when they haven't posted any content.

---------- Post automerged at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

I'll echo Typhon here. I too would like to see where this hypothesis came from. I haven't seen too many townie things from fluff. What with Typhon and Koalas actually posting some kind of defense he's probably my top scumread atm.

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Hmm, can't lump the same as lynch. Lump Fluffiness

I still want Miner dead. Typhon gave the fullest account why, but the primary source is the weird demonturtle case and then his vote going there demonstrating a lack of interest in scumhunting. Lump pov is meta but I don't think is genuine.

I thought of another thing, miner11121 . You tried to make out as though a lump on Typhon would clear Demon in turn. And yet you wantewanted to lunch him. Surely by that logic only the Lump was necessary.

(This is bad because miner is trying to run away from his turtle case and turn it into scummy by association, which is not how he initially explained it. He's only changing because I jumped down his throat on that.)

---------- Post automerged at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------
    Jarizok, thoughts on Miner?

---------- Post automerged at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

A=Q

/Von is my favorite

---------- Post automerged at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

What js being copied? I voted you because your tone is all wrong. It's too jagged.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Honestly, the above alone should have everyone squinting, but I can find more stuff.

The scum!MathBlade case.

- Waco pointed this out earlier, but MathBlade is mostly focused on calling posts "horrible" and criticizing how others are playing and arbitrarily assigning +town or +scum values to different things (like when they said Q [or someone else?] was showing cognitive dissonance, something people usually attack scumreads for, but randomly decided it made him town for raisins). It's all criticism, all smoke and mirrors, no figuring people out.

- They are metatownreading font, which is ridiculous coming from someone who 1. knows how cunning font is, and 2. hasn't even played with her in a long time, which weakens any metatells they may have had on font. This looks awful after they just said they dislike metareads and prefer to poke at people. MathBlade has poked font 0 times aside from asking her why she thinks I'm town, but is both townreading and sheeping her. It smells like buddying.

- Their scumreads are incredibly shallow. It's "I dislike these three players, oh look it's the Coven." There's no underlying logic to it. This is very different from Math pushing weird worlds where they tl;dr and walk everyone through their thought process.

- Their claim that "Koalas can break the game open" is flat. There's literally nothing to that read. But they've said this several times. I couldn't really tell you why scum would do this, but I don't really see how it makes sense coming from town. I'm ruling this out as a stupid Priest/Aco handshake because Math knows better than that. So what's happening here? Math knows their own role PM; nothing else. They're townreading Koalas for no discernible reason and asserting that a town!Koalas can break the game open because _______. So far that blank remains empty.

witch

4. Jarizok

I'm split on Miner. I agreed with his Typhon case initially but I never really bought Dturtle getting dragged in and I've since lost a bit of faith in scum!typhon.

On the other hand, I could legit see town!miner go about his tunnely ways.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

He would feel the need to actually try as scum. Both personally, and because his buddies would probably be up his ass about it in Covenchat.

I've played with scum!Fluff over on FS. He did a good job of faking content. Here he's blatantly just...not doing anything. And I think, for now, it probably makes him town.

I don't like excusing that kind of play and it should be lynched out of him, but I also hate policy lynches and I'd rather not nerf my own team just to make a point.

---------- Post automerged at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Like come on, we all know "being blatantly scummy" does not necessarily mean "likely to flip scum."

Sometimes villagers are, on the surface, scummier than Witches. It happens. That's why we use our brains.

---------- Post automerged at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Wait, did Math just imply they're scumreading Q?

I swear he's the one they called town for cognitive dissonance.

6. Jarizok

I don't think it was said anywhere that Q is scum. Just that Q isn't playing the game right and we're all townreading him too easily.

---------- Post automerged at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

Also, demonturtle. You know you've got to step up your game when Kai has twice your posts.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Jarizok please give me 3 scum reads that you're willing to stand by right now. Not "I didn't like them but now they're better" or "I should look into them, they're weird", but rather "I think this person is scum".

You don't have to be right, I just need to hear you making the effort.

---------- Post automerged at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Actually... Newcomb Eidolonic what are the odds we could start getting some replacements if we don't get some posts from the lurkers? Specifically demonturtle.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Mm this post. This post pings me in so many ways.

Town does not say this. Town does not use the argument of "Oh I wouldn't put in this much effort to scumhunt as scum" to argue for a townread. I tried way harder as scum than town.

This post would be better if Typhon himself made an effort at solving the game.

Typhon continues to rely on other players to read people for him. This was already the case earlier on in the game, and continues to be the case even after 24 hours of day.

So far, Typhon has made no reads of his own, and has committed to lynching me only because he sees other people on his wagon. Notice how although I've been pushing the demon/Typhon world ever since my first post in that regard, he only starts talking about how "bad" that read was after others were already on my wagon.

Quiddity

I'm townreading you because I realized how much my wall mind-melded with you. Plus, your push on me, while annoying and FMPOV is lacking in actual points, feels like misguided town than scum.

Also, I can't see you knowingly aligned with any other player right now, so that's also a +.

Also,
    I'm not happy to lay down my life.

But like I realized after endgame of AYAW 4, I shouldn't be fighting a lynch if it helps town win. Basically, I'm feeling what tom said in postgame. This isn't a "hey you should townread me because I'm willing to die for town, so don't actually lynch me." This is a "I would rather not be lynched, but if town decides that I must be lynched for a town victory than I'm okay with that."

As a side note, I'll say that after this experience I do think that tunneling is a bad thing day one, and that I'm likely going to just do what Jarizok apparently does and just stick noticeable things in my QT for future games. Tunneling day one doesn't allow me to see a lot of the other players, hence why my readwall has a ton of yellow.

---------- Post automerged at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Completely outside the game,

I think it should be up to the players to maintain a required level of posts. And I think that the mods will be able to make a fair decision on that front. I wouldn't worry about it.

---------- Post automerged at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Also,

why are you guys townreading demon?

She's made ~5 posts, most of which was talking about lump. And it was very inconsistent, with her wanting lump in one and then backing off of it, and then wanting it again.

Lurking does not equal town.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think the team is exactly Miner, Kalas and Mathblade. Math has even defended Kalas the way Titus likes to defend partners (by dismissing their scummy behavior) and Kalas tried to help Miner out by asking him to adjust his read on Typhon.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Who's townreading demon, miner?

It's still a weird thing to say when they gave a townread on Q?

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

If Kalas tried to help me out,

then I'm Lord Voldemort.

---------- Post automerged at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Quid and font?

There might be more, but I just did a quick skim of walls.

But I'm getting the sense that no one else sees the connections that I'm seeing, which means that town is generally reluctant to even consider demon, which is what I'm concerned about.

12. Jarizok

I don't think anyone has actually made a real argument for town!Dturtle. Rightly so, there just isn't enough to determine her alignment one way or the other.

Typhon I'm not going to give you 3 scumreads because that would require scum connections and such and it's a bit early for that. I will say that I don't like Von's hypothesis that fluff is town. Yes, maybe he would be trying harder as scum, but I've played 2 games with fluff now and he had a low postcount both times (he got replaced in AYAW4 though so maybe excuse him for that one). It'd be suspicious if he suddenly ramped up his posts and he knows we know that, so scum!fluff would probably try to coast like he has been.

I also still don't like Koalas and would lynch him right now. Waiting to see how things develop for now.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I don't like some of Typhon's reads, but he has stated who his top 4ish town are, and possible scumteams. He has reads.

14. Jarizok

And lol, there goes Fonti posting an entire scumteam. Way to back up my claim that it's too early to be looking at scum on scum interactions too much.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

"of his own"

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

fluff said last game he wanted to change his playstyle. It wouldn't really be suspicious if he stared posting more this game.

---------- Post automerged at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Meaning?

ten

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

miner totally hasn't talked about what that means in his massive post.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Is this true for all his reads?

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

It is for his scumreads.

I'll go through his iso and see if he made any independent town reads that have some semblance of logic as a basis.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I feel this, I do. I thought about it myself. But my counterpoint is this: (no overt offense intended) I've never seen fluff do literally anything. That attitude is not alignment indicative from fluff for me. It's not one of those things the pisses me of like IMAB from MTGS, where he's just anti-town because he gets off on it - fluff just doesn't post. Which is frustrating, but whatever, that's k.

So if it's alignment neutral behavior for fluff (as opposed to scummy for normal players) to not post, then all that remains is to evaluate him on his behavior. So we do that, and we see:
    Just read 379 again.
    Yeah, so we see that.

Something that mighty not be obvious about 379, because I did a thing and nothing came of it - I accidentally left Kalas off that list and didn't notice till fluff pointed out I had fucked up, but that wasn't the catch he made. His point was that I had included Waco in the "the other partner is in this grouping". I did so because Waco's height was a purely tone read from an RVS post that had been reinforced by fonti and Snow, but like I could see how he might have not gotten that, especially with his lurkiness and therefore need to play catch up. But he didn't push it even though I didn't address it in my "my bad" post, because he isn't trying to figure me out, he's just trying to get me lynched. It didn't stick, so he let it die. Taadaa, scum.

And yeah, I'm vaguely concerned that nobody really came to his defense earlier when we were talking about him, but two things - 1) he shows shades of the argument that miner uses to scumread my lump campaign opener post, but like has a less nuanced version, and 2) miner starts scum reading me immediately after I join you on fluff a handful of posts into the game. I'm not saying it's a chainsaw, but it could very well be a chainsaw. 2 independently scummy people with light connections make the start of a team for me in absence of anything else, and it fit with my theory about scum!fluff including one partner in his list and leaving one off.

I don't really want to go too far down that road to the point of getting tunnelvision, but I think it might be a thing. Somebody not named Typhon or Snowvon weigh in (you out there Q? fonti?).