1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Jan - Actual content is more likely to buy my town read than a promise to return Australia to it's former greatness (I must have missed when we did to begin with). I feel like genuine towny content for a town read is a good deal on your end. Lets see it!

Typhon - I don't think you're being an asshole at all, it's just frustrating on my end that's all and it's not entirely due to you even considering me as a lump and wanting me to die N1 but it's also the fact that I think the odds of Miner being scum here is ridiculously high and a) Possibly mslynching instead of lynching him and b) Needing our priest to out to get Miner lynched are both bad ideas.

I don't particularly think I'm a difficult player to read so if you're concern about moving from Math -> Miner is solely based on worries about me then work on sorting me, if you have any questions behind my reads/thoughts ask away; I've tried to elaborate on my thought process behind all my reads the best I can.

@Math - I don't understand the question? Are you asking if I feel better about my reads at day or night or during the phase or night phase? If it's the earlier of the two it doesn't make a difference to me and if it's the latter I normally have a flip to work with in that case, this being an entire no reveal is the first for me in a forum setup.

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

This post here I like. It is like he is trying to cut through my catch-up posts and figure out what I am trying to say versus just complaining about my playstyle.

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

Them.

Miner's vote looks like one of a scared of what I can do as scum so in his heart he finds something scummy and he convinced himself of it rather than being a scum push but in his heart of heart I think he thinks I am Town but has gotten policy lynch itis.

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

The latter.
    If you had to guess which one no reasons.

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Lynch Vote:miner11121

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Like I have literally no reason to not believe you besides the fact that I suspect scum!you would probably roll me. I agree with most of your conclusions and see how you reached all of them. You are pushing things that I agree with.

I'm not towncircling you though, it's going to take at least one more day to pocket me that hard.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Please don't post animated gifs like that with that much shaking without a spoiler.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Fair enough, won't happen again.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I have given up on reading the entire thread before I am mislynched since I have to go in less than an hour. Does someone have questions for me?

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Why have you been so defeatist for the past 36 hours? I can't understand that attitude from an experienced player, and makes me want to lynch you more on a post by post basis.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Typhon, wooo! Now we jut need to get several other votes to lynch Scum!Miner.

Willing to compromise on Koalas given no one at all will join me on Jan from the sounds of it.

Unlump,
    Lump: Koalas

You'll get reasons anyway; If there's a flip given; night since I can work via interactions if it's a scum flip or reassess if it's a town one. No flip; probably day since I can interact/solve with others instead of just be in my own head.

Alright going to try and get some sleep, night!

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I am tired from unloading and loading a uhaul and people are expecting me to be the person I was a year ago. I can't live up to my old self as I have changed. I just want to be as useful as I can be to Town because I am horrible at defending myself and everyone has said they won't lynch my top scumreads so I really just don't know what to say at this point.

---------- Post automerged at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Good night Regfan!

10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Math, let me be real - your old self gave me a headache. I'd absolutely love to see a new you.

But like, this is a miner-type thing that we're getting from you imo: if all of your town reads are town reading people you're scum reading, then you should probably go back to the lab and take a look at why you're scum reading your scum reads. And if it seems thin (even if you're sure you've got something), reevaulate. Move past them to someone else. Confidence is towny, but inflexibility is not.

Nobody cares that you're not the top poster. Nobody is going to hold RL against you. We want quality content. Quality doesn't mean a million words like Reg and I have posted, or at least not necessarily. We're all scared shitless of fonti but we're all kinda townreading her because she's making quality posts. I say that despite the fact that I have more than one post that probably has more word in it than she's posted /total/.

11. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

It feels like to me you guys are the ones inflexible. Town mislynches all the time. However not a single person suspects Snowvon? Isn't that a little odd to you? I am inflexible because if I flex to someone I townread based on a case I feel is held together by toothpicks then I am helping scum. I find flexibility is much more scum oriented because then scum can just go on whatever the top wagon is.

Fonti is not making quality posts to me and usually never does because she never explains (see pot of gold comment). The reason people can never read her is because she does that. If people actually forced her to expand on her posts then I think a read on Fonti would be much more attainable and much less scary.

---------- Post automerged at 08:22 ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 ----------

Inflexibility is one of the most protown things there is.

Flexibility is a scum trait. I don't re-evaluate when no one agrees. I re-evaluate when everyone does.

---------- Post automerged at 08:23 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

Take a look at my first game where I wasn't lynched D1. We only caught Sloth because of persistence. It wasn't because I voted someone I didn't think was scum to be agreeable.

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

So umm.

But seriously though, I guess that's kinda my point? Like, if we all seem wrong and you seem right and we're working together, your town reads and scum reads alike, why wouldn't it just be that you're wrong?

I just... don't understand at all.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Not sure if i will deliver on that today.

Maybe when I get back from the store and have amde dinner and all that.

But no promises because I feel kind of lazy right now (and think we are on a good track for the most part).

I did like your case on miner more than i did others. Therfore I could be swayed to change my vote.
    and I don't want mathblade or miner to get lumped in this game if I have a real choice.

Not only because lumping a likely scum is bad .. more because I don't want to lump someone that wants to lynch people that I think are very very likely town.
    Both of them have someone who is very high up in my townreads as their scum (von/typhon for mathblade and typhon for miner) and I don't want someone like that to have more power in the longrun (if they are town).

Not sure who I am lumping.

Koalas would be a good compromise if i cant get it myself.

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Also, I don't really see this going anywhere any more, but to be clear I don't think you should just vote the top wagon at all. Just that you like... reevaluate and find one of the people who isn't consensus town to try and lynch.

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Working together doesn't mean agreement. It means contributing your thoughts towards that. Working together is a salad of diverse ideas. It doesn't mean that I have to change myself to a lettuce when I am a carrot. Town does not miraclously solve games on D1 without information. It is much more likely Miner is town and I know I am.

And FYI the Jedi are evil. I fully believe that. Will link a video when I get time.

---------- Post automerged at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Consensus Town is bullshit. I will not vote a townread. I think it is Von/Typhon/fluff. I am voting fluff. Going to 4th scumread or lower means I am voting a townread.

---------- Post automerged at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

The Jedi are not evil because they are inflexible though. The Sith are evil as well. It is a matter of fact that Jedi strip love and emotion away. The Sith are more of a reflection of our true selves. There is brutality and murder but at the same time there is freedom which the Jedi never provide and lock all knowledge away from people. The Jedi are scum.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

MathBlade

I get your reasoning for the most part.

My problem with your play so far is that my two biggest townreads are your biggest scumreads.

That makes it very hard to find common ground when we are talking scum hunting.

Esp. since Von is a few miles outside of his scumrange unless he flipped a mental switch over christmas, which i doubt is the case.

Fluff could be scum sure ... but fluff is just the easiest poe don't care lynch regardless of his alignment, because he will never be that obvious town (or obvious anything).

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

The only reason we believe the Jedi are good is because we have been conditioned that way. The Sith have evil elements as well but it is only because they perform evil actions with their freedom.

Light and Dark are conditioning words. Seriously the Jedi are evil.

---------- Post automerged at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

That is kinda why I am feeling the burn ATM. I am getting dressed to go run errands. There isn't some magical case I can post where you all will see it like I will. I just guess I will have to feel the burn more than likely Jan :/

18. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

This post is so far off how I've perceived this game and how I think mafia in general should be played I'm just left staring at it and unable to form a coherent response.

I'm going to try anyway.

Where did you find me defending Fluff? I argued with Von in favor of fluff being scum, not against. I think I've said one good thing about one of fluff's posts, and it was: good post, give me more.

As to your argument of "town always mislynches D1 so we have to lynch someone that noone thinks is scum"... That's just wrong. This game can't be played like that. Life is not like that. That's like saying: I've made so many wromg decisions lately, I'm going to only do things I think are moronic now, it'll probably turn out better.

I can't wrap my head around it. You can't use statistics like how you're using them here. That's not how they should be used. Yes, odds are 10 to 3 that we lynch town instead of scum. You should never conclude from that that it's impossible to get right and take a stroll through tinfoil land instead.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Vote Miner1121

Didn't look up the numbers, are they right?

Lump Koalas

In case I swapped my lump at one point.

My gut tells me that we should give Mathblade one more day and reevaluate tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Lump Kaolas

Without capslock it just isn't cool enough.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Look, when we get to a point where we're discussing how we feel about Jedi as good or evil we've jumped the shark. Here's your towny inflexibility - I can't townread you as you are. I'm willing to change my mind if you're willing to give me a reason to, but I think we're done here otherwise. Sorry.