1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Sadly your hands look even smaller next to your giant brain.

The downside of true greatness. Small hands.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Jan Anyone can say "I was prepared to claim earlier". What counts is that you didn't (have to). If your reads are as strong as you say they are, claiming when you did could have very well been aimed at Q. Scum knows 5 roles already. That only leaves 5 more. If you have role reads on 2/3 people imyou've got fairly good odds at predicting who'll be CCing you.

---------- Post automerged at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Unvote

I'm willing that Waco may not be scum at this point.

---------- Post automerged at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

To concede that*

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
  4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

And there is exactly 1 person I am able to fight.

Scum!me could not fight von or typhon ever.
    That would just be a concede from the get go.

But yes .. that argument is pure wifom as is most stuff going on here right now.
    But sure .. if you want to lynch me because I am a god at this game. go along. we might lsoe for it, but I will take it as a compliment.

5. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I had that not second guessing myself bit down pat right up to the point that I was inescapably wrong. Sad times.

---------- Post automerged at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Never was a better argument for a lynch made.

Vote: Jan

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Alright, finished going through D2. Compiling my thought, should be up in ~5 minutes.

QUOTE=Jarizok;963217]I had that not second guessing myself bit down pat right up to the point that I was inescapably wrong. Sad times.[/QUOTE]
    We're not wrong until Newcomb tells us we are. For all we know Q or Jan have misread their role and it's Waco all along! Fonti will see the light, we jut have to keep united front on the matter, she's a reasonable person she'll see this.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Dense little man.

I am in a weird spot. I think I could do something that might clear me.

But I am not sure if it is the right play to make ever.

Will wait for a little while and decide then.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Jan - If the "thing" you're thinking of involves outing another persons role or a soft you noticed I'd urge you not to do it. We win this via failed soup even after a mslynch and I don't think scum soup correctly here despite info outed.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

It's funny because by softing info like that I am basically saying, i will win if i am scum and get to soup, which would be strictly against my win condition to soft regardless of my alignment.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Okay, got through D2.

I liked Jans reaction towards the soup in #1120 but it's probably entirely null on review. I made a note about this to myself earlier and forgot to bring it to the thread but I felt that Jans #1134 made sense as scum trying to get more people thrown into the potential lynch pool. I question whether Jan would defend Math in #1141 if he was scum, it's possible he was trying to use his newly obtained town cred and direct the attention elsewhere with it but it'd surely make more sense to cut the dead weight there as scum. I kind of like Jans paranoia of Fonti in #1267 but the town read on Math in #1269 doesn't make sense to me (Note this was before her DOB discussion). Inside my analysis D2 I mention "Really the only world I can see Jan being scum with is a Miner/Math/Jan" and the fact that's now a reasonable world is frustrating. Um, what is #1301 particularly the "In the tinfoil world where I am town." line, I don't even, like someone look at that post and tell me what I should be making of that. I don't know if Jan blatantly states he's been defending Math as scum like he does in #1305 to only follow it up with an attached vote on Math. I don't buy that he could have got Fonti mslynched but the timing of the switch points slightly towards him being town. While if he's town here he's not wrong re; the "Scum is townread" comment in #1358 pushing that angle makes sense as scum too.

Q's reaction towards the soup attempt in #1130 comes across as somewhat genuine but the push on Math there does make sense as mafia that thinks the night action seals her fate and wants to get in on it early. Q unvoting Math while providing more reasoning for them bein mafia in #1299 makes sense as scum thinking they might end up being able to get a ML elsewhere. Jans not wrong in that Q's D2 has very little to it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

If you think comments like this are going to make people any less likely to vote you then you're sorely mistaken so if you're town here I'd cut it out asap, please.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The tinfoil comment was mocking sad little peasants talking about tinfoil worlds before that.

Read it in context and you might get it.

---------- Post automerged at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Look there are 2-3 people who don't know me at all and they are voting for me.

There are 2-3 people that know me who are voting Q.

I am in the weird spot in which I feel like I will make it because the people that know me should be able to clear me.

And I won't stop having fun while waiting just because you dislike me fucking around. You already think I am the scum .. there is not a lot to gain from you.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    You do realise a) I'm not voting you and b) I haven't made my mind up about you/Q yet, if I had I would have voted. I'm very much planning on taking this slowly, trying to analyse everything fairly objectively and waiting for others that know the two of you better so your attitude here is rather disrespectful. If you disagree with any of my analysis (ie. Find it untrue / inaccurate) I'm happy to discuss it but comments like "There's not a lot of gain from you" or "Dense little man" to Jari aren't going to help.

Collating these into one post so it's easier for me to find them / go over them in the morning; D1 ananlysis, N1 analysis, D3 analysis and D3 analysis.

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

The third link should obviously read D2.

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I think it's more likley to be Q because intentionally failing soup on a witch (Jan) and then him /not/ going hard for MathBlade on day 2 is awful.

I also find it hard to believe that given a free kill on n1, he didn't choose to kill any of the fontisians in the game.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

It is not my job to play by your rules just so you townread me.

Sure I could go out and be the nice guy and shove a bunch of pretty flowers down your throat, but that is not me. Never will be.

You are not voting me that is correct, but all your work is basically saying "i will vote jan later", which is fine. it was made to be that way from the start.

I don't think my way winning this game is going through your reread of the thread.

My way of winning is solely through
    1. the reads of the people who know me.
    2. the fact that qs case on me is basically saying i am town, if you know how i play as scum. (the completly opposite way).
    3. being myself.

I will not win this game via the "who was pushing scum hardest" method.

I am curious what Koalas thinks about the gamestate at the moment tbh.

---------- Post automerged at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Addendum to my last post :

Everything else I can or could do is pure wifom and therefore completely useless at this point, unless it brings me joy.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I don't expect you to walk around handing out flowers, I expect you to act reasonable and not resort to name calling when others are actually trying to discern your alignment. Again my mind is very far from made up (If my mind was made up I wouldn't have wasted hours on that especially since we win this anyway in all likelihood), I've gone through the thread looking for how things made sense from both of your perspectives as town and scum. I've put these together and am going to take a look at seeing which world makes the most sense when I wake up and aren't tired. Again if you disagree with any of my analysis let me know, very willing to discuss certain points. If there's a point you think I've got incorrect and aren't going to just say "Meta!" about it we can converse.

And sure I'm waiting for Fonti/Von ect. people that know you and Q to comment on the both of your metas, I've stated I was planning on doing that several times.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

And with that I'm heading to bed.

Hoping to wake up to see exactly where Fonti/Vons heads are at with some actual reasoning behind it preferably.

16. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Comes down to two questions really.

Does scum!Jan go for the guaranteed lynch on fluff or risk like.. 75% chance of CCing cleared town for more info?

And does town!Q ever decide to be super derp and make a random claim post without catching up in thread?

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

I'm going to think on this over lunch but.. maaaaaybe and no is my gut feel.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Couldn't sleep, so updated this. Will give sleep another go now though.

REASONS TO LYNCH Q:
    - The fact that he CC'ed Jan makes more sense with him being mafia than Jan managing to claim Q's exact role & Jan has a higher chance of surviving the day by CC'ing Fluff than he does by holding of and hoping to CC Q's role.
    - It's very plausible that Jan did indeed know to shoot Fonti and would have done so.
    - Qs vote on Fluff D1 over Math/Miner makes sense as mafia with them looking for a mslynch.
    - Maths posts and the N1 soup action makes some sense if Math genuinely believes that Jan is the DOB there via the posts she quoted.
    - Q's unvote on Math D2 fits as scum thinking a mslynch might be plausible after initially thinking she was done for via the night action.

REASONS TO LYNCH JAN:
    - More likely to solve this via soup.
    - Q's reaction towards Fontis fake guilty outside of the naked Jari vote was decently believable.
    - Jans entrance after Fontis claim / Jaris claim wasn't great and his belief that scum didn't submit a kill is hard one to buy.
    - Q's push, case and interactions with Miner D1 are something I see less likely from a partner.
    - Jan&Math fake souping Jan makes sense in an attempt to buy him a few days given the game situation.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

If it wasn't a 1on1 between me and q at this point, i would scumread regfan for having 5 points on each side. :X

19. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Uhh, that was a lump vote on fluff. Pretty sure I was still voting Miner alongside it.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

When a 49 year old woman sends you a text about international ginger day (which is about kissing gingers and stuff), then you should rethink your effect on the world around you.