1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #7

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Care to explain?

I voted KaiDASH early because he wasn't contributing amidst interesting discussions, and I was hoping to provoke him into activity. Kai's counter vote was a pretty blatant OMGUS, and it's amusing watching you try to turn it into something more.

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Something has come up for me. Given where we are in the game I think there's no need to worry about replacement or anything, and I'll be around to cast a vote before day end as likely as not, but I'm probably gone for at least 24 hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Why do you care?

You know my alignment. I know yours. this question should be fairly mute to you.

I mean .. do you think there was anything good in the way you read fonti at the time?

Do you remember why exactly you amde that read and can you go into deep about it?

---------- Post automerged at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

I will try not to form a wagon on your back, no promises!

---------- Post automerged at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

So there is a thing.

You felt like you had to overexplain your early vote on kai, which could just have been normal rvs at the time.

When he responded with a little taunt you first overexplained your vote and then accused him of "not even RVS".
    Basically saying "normal towns do rvs - look at me"!

On another note - you mentioned 2 times the
    part.

You said it in your intial reasoning and you were not capable of rephrasing it right here.

Do you mind telling me what the discussion was that peeked your interest that much and how you were kneedeep involved in it yourself?

It has to be quite something if you use that same phrase two times and I had trouble finding where you actually did dive into it.

And don't tell me it is the lump discussion, that is pretty much boring mechanics talk that is not alignment indicative and not really interesting (as in everyone can partake in such a thing because it is easy to do as either alignment).
    Therefore there is no way you wanted to read him for taking part in that (or not doing so).

P.S.
    Thanks for coming back to the thread, this makes the game easier for everyone involved.

4. Quiddity

High Score:
    I didn't overexplain. Kai voted me, then made this post:

He was OMGUSing. I gave my reasoning to try and draw him into responding, giving me something to work with in forming a read on him.

Lumping primarily, but also Kalas discussion, and the you-Snowvon debate.

Lumping discussion was one of the ways we caught Miner later on, don't try and reframe it as useless. Any talk can be used alignment-indicatively.

No, I wasn't involved in it very deeply, but that's because I wasn't around. Kai was around, and just shitposted. And I gave my opinion when I arrived.

---------- Post automerged at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Fonti read wasn't deep, but was impression-based. I liked her joking around, agreed with her reads on Typhon and Von at a time when there was a bunch of people jumping on Typhon.

Later the Miner stuff happened, which made it stronger.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Your reasoning given now is like .. 10 times stronger than it was d1.
    And very different.

And fontis Miner scumread was before your post.
    Even her readwall was before your post at the time.

Or are you talking about different miner stuff?

---------- Post automerged at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Funfact!
    You know someone who was joking around early on, and read Typhon and Von town at a time when there was a bunch of people jumping on Typhon?

This guy!

6. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Because you knew Typhon was town.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Guys.

How could Jan possibly know Q was the vig? If Jan is mafia, there was a 1/5 chance of him guessing Q's role. Meanwhile, Q's claim of not knowing he was counterclaiming Jan is illogical.

Please see sense.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I would not go that far .. but he was a fairly easy read for someone who has played with him and is capable of using some of his (or her - i accept everyone that is not a mouthbreather) braincells.

Do you actually think that I am scum Jari?

If so - tell the group why. I would like to have something to laugh about.

9. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I really can't take this seriously....

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

This is agonizing.

Just lynch Q.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

This is the last day we will spend together, lighten up sunshine.

There was actually a real info in the post you are quoting, behind all the fun.

The read and reason he claimed on fonti was bullshit and does not sync well with what he said before.

I just like fun wrappings for my presents. Reminds me of this box with a hole in it ...

12. Quiddity

High Score:
    I mean, I'm explaining the reasoning behind stuff I was never questioned on at the time. I also only said "I like Typhon" before we both took miner down, do yoy think there was notbing more there?

And yeah, exactly, her look into miner was before my case. Which is why looking into miner strengthened my townread on her, as she was directing town in the correct way.

---------- Post automerged at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

You seriously just asked me to give you deeper reasining, and then casted shade because i gave depth? How obvious are you trying to be?

13. fontisian

I'm voting Q, right?

Vote: Q

Lynch: Q
    Killify: Q

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

the point is that your first read did not mash with your later explanation.

not in tone or depth.

but on the other hand you are finally waking up and trying to doubtcast!
    Goodboy!

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Aware of this, mentioned it inside of #2077. Outside of Q CC'ing Jan and how the claims transpired sell me on the rest of Q's play this game making more sense than Jans. Faster you do that the faster I vote Q, should be a fairly easy task if you're this confident.

---------- Post automerged at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Help me, help you.

16. fontisian

Q preferred the Miner lynch over the Mathblade one and was excited when you came in because you defended Math and gave an opportunity for one partner to survive a bit longer. Jan, while townreading Math after Miner's flip, didn't help them get out of the lynch d1 or try to take credit for Math's lynch.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    The first part doesn't do much for me because I think it's also just plausible he as town was happier his stronger scum read was getting lynched. The second part I do agree with, I struggle understand the scum motivation behind Jans play D2 if he's scum with Math there, he doesn't defend or hard push her, it's a middle ground type thing that makes you look bad upon the flip while not aiding yourself at the time.

Two last things I want you to gloss over and discuss with me before I consider laying down a vote.

1) The fact that Q's initial reaction towards the cop guilty initally was just a naked vote on Jari in #1660 before getting to a "Good work guys" type post in #1664 makes some sense coming from scum but his #1668 is slightly more genuine as is #1671. Q's #1676 is a very town motivated post, it's posisble scum does it for town cred but I like the inclusion of it, same goes for his #1699. Effectively I like his reaction to thinking the games over, do you disagree?

2) Miners #452 directed at Q is something I'm doubtful of whether a partner would make to another, similarly I like Q's #463 and the continuation of the exchange in #469 and #480 and #571 all point towards Q probably being town. Effectively I question whether both players (Specifically Miner) can fake that level of interaction that early on, you know both players better then me, actually look at those posts (please) and let me know what you think.

Actually I lied there's a third; Jans pretty clearly stating that his play here doesn't match his scum meta in the slightest, I don't know his scum meta but you do; do you agree with his statement and do you think it makes him town?

18. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

I'm just not seeing scum!Jan playing today out as it did.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Vote Count 3.3

Quiddity (6): Snowvon, fontisian, Jan, KaiDASH, Koalas, Lump
    Jan (3): Quiddity, Typhon, Jarizok
    Jarizok (1): Regfan

Abstaining: The Waco Kid, his fluffiness

With 12 votes alive, it will be 7 to soft lynch, and 9 to hard lynch.

Day 3 ends in 24 hours

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I do like Jan's claim better than Q's.

If Jan were scum, by waiting instead of ccing me, he would learn 1 or 2 more roles in exchange for not being guaranteed to make it to Night. Also, he would have had to guess that vigilante was someone who was not townread (aka: waco/Q).

I just think it's likelier that Q is scum here.