1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How terrible will Order of the Phoenix be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by david9, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

The films are inevitably worse than the books. But with GoF, the cut stuff and then added things that didnt happen, that annoyed me no end.

But I was thinking, if the trend continues and OotP is a useless adaptation of the book, just imagine how bad the HBP will be.

2. david9

david9 Banned

If they cut things from the book and add things that didn't happen for the HBP movie, it'd probably end up better than the book.

3. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

HBP can't get any worse, not even if they have magical flying pixies at the Dursleys and Snape crying his eyes out on Harry's shoulder after killing Dumbledore. Its abominable enough in its current state :wall:

As for OotP. I have mixed feelings about it. I understand their need to cut things in order to make it fit into a movie (especially considering the size of it) and I think some of the stuff they seem to be cutting makes sense. I don't really care too much about seeing Fletcher and Bill and everyone else from the Order if having them in means, for example, we don't see stuff like the pensieve scene in Snape's Office or Trelawney getting fired.

I understand it, but I don't really like it. For me these necessary cuts are exactly why I'm not overly fond of the movies compared to the books. But then again, even if the movie included everything from the book some people would be unhappy about it 'shattering their mind's view of how things went/things looked like' etc. Its very hard for the movie makers to win in this one.

4. Alter Alias

Alter Alias First Year

Personally I would pay good money to just sit and laugh at a crying Alan Rickman

Honestly I think it has gotten to the point where the only real use for the potter films is as part of an elaborate drinking game;
    Hagrid is 'endearingly' slow witted, take a shot
    Hagrid says some variant of shouldn't have said that, take a shot
    Ginny is needlessly inserted into a scene (because ZOMG she is harrys one true love !!1one) take a shot
    A spell is invented to avoid having to explain something complicated, take a shot
    Missing subplot, take a shot.

The only real difference with this film be the UK audience adding Watson is now legal shots.