1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Stop teasing me with your tempting talk of trumped up sarcasm with wildly wound up word choice.

---------- Post automerged at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Yes I do. I am trying to get him to look back at that.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Guys, I'm home now and back to my attempt to catch up. Work was semi busy today so I only got to reread the first ~150 posts >.>

I got pinged by Typhon and Miner about my Von read and people disliked my #428 from what I've seen, so real quick:

Von's entrance was worse than Fluff's was last game and his insistence on crafting artificial towncircles this early just pings me hard. Also, I read his reads and I just go: That's not what you got from that. Basically everything Von's done this game he's done slightly off.

As to my #428... I just said I almost unvoted tom because he said he thought his thoughts were gold and I thought that was funny and relatable. I didn't actually unvote him because contentwise he's still smelly.

I'll try to reread and be involved in current discussion at the same time like a boss so hit me with more questions if you want. I know there's still stuff to answer out there for me but I'm not sure what exactly so I'll get to it when I get to it.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Exterminate with extreme prejudice: MathBlade

4. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll never stop complaining about that kind of behaviour. I phone post as well, but I do it conscientiously.

See how easy jt is to edit quotes?

5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

So in other words nothing has changed you still scumread me instead of actually hunting people you could be like Fonti. Booo bad fluff.

6. Quiddity

High Score:
    Wait, is that a day action?

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

What I meant is that, since he uses kill as town (and presumably as scum too), the thing you're focusing on is literally meaningless. Nonsensical. Why are you pointing to it the?

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

It takes 5 minutes to edit a wall post down to a sentence. I am not doing it. Deal.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

That was a joke based on your alliteration.

Back to

Vote Tom

10. Quiddity

High Score:
    Seriously fluff, way too early for that. Geez.

Can we keep posting?

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Sorry Q. Won't do that again.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

It isn't meaningless. It indicates a certain thought stream. I am not good at explaining those but with that choice I think Typhon makes clear he is town scumhunting and something else.

Like I can't explain it but it is weird.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I thought that you were getting at him being scum for his word choice, which would have been an interesting case to make.

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I mean, we're still cross posting a bit, but there was no one but Miner and Jari in the thread when I started composing that post, so I just rolled everything I needed to say into one post. I can't say that I see an issue with that, but ymmv, I suppose.

I guess I could see where you were coming from with regards to scum!me keeping my response to you in reserve until I had crafted a narrative that fit everything, but like equally I think if you read my response to you, it's a coherent train of thought that can be followed all the way back to my original response to Mal. So like, either I'm telling the truth and just did it that way for convenience, or alternatively I'm lying, held it back tactically, but then didn't change it at all.

If the first, then I'm town. If the second... idk. I don't have a response. Why would it be the second? Like I'd get that if I was slowly twisting the talk about you into something different than what I said originally, but I'm clearly not so I'm not sure what my motivation would be.

Fake edit for your new post: Jan said he didn't read the wall, but I kinda assumed he was the only one.

It's frustrating to me to think that somehow people would rather read 9 medium length posts and then go through the clusterfuck of sorting where things fell and having to find that shit later in the game than just one super post when I have a lot of things to say.

If it's really a thing and nobody is going to read walls then I guess I'll try to purge that from my play, but to be perfectly honest I kinda just want to say that people should have to learn to deal with it. I've literally condensed my entire view of the game into one post for you guys, I feel like that should probably be celebrated. If that was all I posted that would be one thing, but clearly it isn't, so... yeah.

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Again. Don't put words in my mouth.

I point something out I want that person to answer it. People assuming I act normal or hunt in the way you do will always end up with me being different. Stop assuming the destination when all I do is point out a road sign. I has my reasons let me poke around.

---------- Post automerged at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Unfortunately read walls aren't a thing here. I used to do marathon posts but switched to phone posting so I couldn't anymore.

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

MathBlade - I also used killing there. I was also town there. I'm not entirely certain what you're saying here, unless your point is that I've townfirmed myself by word usage.

In that case I support this interpretation, and encourage it's liberal use. :p

17. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I call bullshit. Readwalls are fine in my book. It's a pain to make one but there's nothing wrong with them and people just have to deal, I'm with Typhon on that one.

18. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

It is that plus I don't know how to say it but good pings? Like I feel English has failed me.

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Ooh, Jari is here.

Jari, my issue with 428 is this - in it, you defended tom's weird "I have fake reads thing". Not as "oh, it's a Tom thing" but as an actually strategy. Walk me through that, please?

20. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

You have not seen a me readwall. I was told to never do it again privately on DLP by a user not here anymore. Trust me. Readwalls get ignored on this site and I am glad I am not the only one who noticed.