1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Really? Cause I always thought readwalls were a good thing.

2. Delphine

Delphine First Year

In response to math -

So, I hated this whole exchange. People are suspicious of the way he words finding fluff town, and then he does his eyerolling. And then without being asked about it, he narrates that the eyeroll is because "[he's] town and this is silly], as if he needs to highlight to everyone that he totally feels that way because that's what a town player would be thinking. It sounds to me like he expected the eyeroll to make him sound townie, and then they keep suspecting him afterwards, and so he feels the need to highlight why town!him felt that way about it. It sounds defensive and it sounds like putting up a front. Him explaining a visceral gif thing that way seems forced. Other posts I've quoted about him, including the post that I'd glossed over until I saw it in fonti's quote, give me a similar vibe. Of putting up a front that involves highlighting in a forced way what the town motivation is for him doing certain things.

My main reaction to Typhon's wall is that it sounds exactly like scum!Newcomb. People who have more experience with Typhon than I do can probably tell whether that read holds Typhon to an inappropriate standard.

The way that Typhon highlights the number of posts von took to come to a particular conclusion, for instance, I just don't relate to. I also don't rly follow the von!scum narrative he explained. I think von is too emotionally complex here for that + is bringing some Town!Vaimes-esque sass.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yes, but fluff was town last game.

And Von always does this thing where he crafts towncircles.

I'm not saying I believe his towncircle at all. (In fact, I don't.)

But it's a thing he does as town.

Try again.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Yes really. I was told readwalls no matter how articulate make me seem fake and it is better to type shorter more easily consumable posts. Pretty much between that and a few other things killed my mafia drive on this site. I will do them on MafiaScum but not here.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I feel really shitty doing this, because Math is defending me with like every word and I'm scum reading them with almost every word of mine, but.

Read back through our interactions and this word tell that they have. I don't think that means anything, but I fully believe that they believe that.

Now compare that with any of the Math posts I called out above, but especially 300.

I know you guys can see the difference in depth here. The thing with Q was literally a townread over him mentioning the thread length in his intro post, mine was over a weird word association thing from the previous game where I was town.

They're both thin to call someone town over, but one is orders of magnitude more acceptable than the other.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

In response to Delphine -- Really?

I found that one gif of Santana Lopez more informative than his read wall. Not only did it explain the confidence of his read it explained the emotion behind it. Following it up with that post made Typhon consistent.

I also think fluff is being very townie at the start of the game. I still think he is I just think he is derping on his read of me.

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I didn't defend the strategy itself, I just explained what I think tom was trying to gain from doing it.

I wouldn't do it myself, but I can see how maybe people interacting with a fake readwall could get tom information. It doesn't get the rest of the town as much and it makes tom look bad, sure, but if tom is actually town and people react to his wall, he'll get more information from it than if he'd posted an actual wall.

With tom's established meta of doing weird ass things, that noone else has, I can see why it's a play tom could make. He's going to be in the PoE anyway, might as well get as much information as you can and pass it on to town before you die.

That's where I'm at regarding tom's fake wall.

8. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I really disagree.

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

What people call "throwaway posts" or gifs without meaning or fluff as an excellent way to read authenticity.

---------- Post automerged at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Why Typhon being authentic in that post?
    With the fluff town read?

With what?

---------- Post automerged at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

IIoA is bad. You don't reward bad play by saying you will get more info. You help the player get better.

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

With your Santana Lopez paragraph.

11. Jarizok

That fluff was town on a flat entrance in one game means we can never again judge people for having flat entrances? I'm not gonna try again, I explained that Von feels off to me and I'm fairly convinced.

However, it's been pointed out to me that pushing Von today may not be the most beneficial course of action and I kind of believe that, so I'm continuing the scumhunt with a strong scumlean on Von.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Explain where you disagree then.

Because if you think Typhon is scum then he is likely still being authentic and fluff Town.

If you think Typhon is town then it is a genuine townread.

Either way pretty much displays Fluff town.

---------- Post automerged at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

...No. booooo.

Top scumreads should be pushed and top townreads defended. By going to second or third fiddle it is much more likely to be a mislynch.

Speaking of which oh Fonti where art thou?

13. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    No. Stop being a dick for no reason. You're phoneposting, you know how annoying it is. At least use spoiler tags.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

could you not rolehunt.

after propping people last game and reading your qt on how you thought you got some rolereads based on reactions.

this is just wrong on so many levels.

15. Jarizok

This is my 4th game. Excuse me if my focus is on my own play rather than trying to teach an old cookiemonster new tricks.

I rather doubt that anyone who'd post stuff like "look at the babybird fly" is going to take any advice from said babybird seriously anyway.

16. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I like Delphine.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I made the post you disliked as a reaction to fonti quoting "eyeroll intensifies" and explaining spew. I though she was doing so because she thought I said what I did in response to not knowing what spew was. I noticed she was talking to Fluff and had quoted me by mistake or whatever immediately after, but yeah, the explanation was moot.

Yeas, I'm explaining everything. The context is that I got scumread over something silly off the wire after being consensus town from post 200 on in TH, and I was waiting on everyone to see I was clearly town again so we could move on with the game.

But here we are.

As for the Von thing, I'm not sure what part of my case was unrelateable or or unclear, but I could probably explain it? The number of posts, for example, matter because they show a theme - Von is consistently reaching to build a towncircle faster than he typically would and/or should.

I have no idea how emotionally complexity could be an applicable thing here, but hopefully you can help me with that too?

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I already did, what exactly do you want explained?

19. Jarizok

+1 /10char

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hot take: typh/math w/w