1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

How do you feel about this Q vs Typhon thing?

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Do you agree that Von and Font overhyped Fluff's towniness? Do you think that's suspicious?

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Do you believe that?

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Those of you who have played with Fonti. I haven't seen Fonti provide reasons as Town. She didn't do it last game and she usually intentionally doesn't do it. Doesn't Fonti seem odd? Like this is not usual Fonti.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Feel free to wait on her to answer first.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

What Q v Typhon thing? Mostly been others saying Typhon is scum.

7. Jarizok

I believe that fluff's towniness was overhyped, yes. In fact, all the jokes about him being coached to have a better entrance may not be that far off. Would also explain his meteoric rise in activity.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Ehh. I disagree.

It was definitely overhyped relative to a random player in the beginning - we were all looking for literally anything and he was not being weird like in TH.

I think he's fairly independently town at this point, not just fluff town.

9. Jarizok

I'm now at post 400 in my reread! Gettin close to having a handle on the game for a bit before I go to sleep and I'll be ~200 posts behind again.

---------- Post automerged at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

^^^ this bit is what makes me even more suspicious.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Still loving you, Q.

11. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

...have you read his posts, though?

12. Jarizok

I have. I'm seeing a genuine towny player observing actual tells and making genuine reads.

Now compare this to the townfluff we've seen the last 3 games. (He was only in AYAW4 for a little bit, but still).

Yes, we want to encourage this type of fluff. At the same time, it's suspicious and I disagree with a lot of his points, leading me to think he's trying his hand at misdirecting town for a bit.

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Oh, okay.

I thought you were trying to tel me you thought fluff wasn't towny.

But ehh. Maybe? Like, that's pretty tinfoil. Maybe it's just me, because I've never been coached in any way, but I think "coaching" is mostly a crutch argument used by scum to push mislynches.

14. Jarizok

Coaching is only a small part of the argument, but consider it from my PoV.

I think Von is scum. My scumread sets fluff up to come in with a baller first post and then immediately piles on the towniness. Font joins in with town hyping because Fluff does a good job of being towny.

Voila, scum!Von set up scum!fluff to be widely townread. It's not that far of a stretch and we're at a point in the game where I can safely look at this and seriously consider it so why shouldn't I?

---------- Post automerged at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Von's "I'm going to be less fluffy this game" really dovetails quite well with Fluff's entrance and hightened activity. That could have been planned/coached.

---------- Post automerged at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

If anyone feels like weighing in here, don't be shy. People were talking before I posted this and I know it may take you time to really look at it, but I would appreciate input here.

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I mean, I could see it I guess, but I kinda think you're in a tunnel there.

Like, I totally agree that Snow is very possibly (probably) scum, but I think a re-evaluation on Fluff is probably something that you should consider in like 3 days more than right now.

---------- Post automerged at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

His heightened activity will either hang him or townfirm him as it continues is what I'm saying there, if that's not clear.

16. Jarizok

I'm open to Fluff being town.

I'd love for fluff to be town. That would mean this is what we can now expect from town fluff. This is just one theory among many, but it deserves due consideration.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Will I get a response from you later on some of the stuff in the wall, or nah?

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

How does it feel to be the towniest town to ever town?

---------- Post automerged at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Probably not. I concur with most of Q's conclusions.

19. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Corrdorr

Not sure this ping worked the first time

Between these two big premises in Q's initial response I'm way more in agreement with the former (specifically the point about seeming to hype-build with content that doesn't quite match) than the latter seeming alignment indicative.

Uh, and Typhon's response is pretty much focused on the latter. And then I have trouble following his point in #505 even though I've reread it and the related posts a few times.

Q seems like he's genuinely scumhunting.

Annnnd I just noticed Typhon responded to me in #517.

I think it makes sense esp from people that know Cobalt to have a strong opinion about Cobalt based on those two posts, and so writing about it as "in two posts" seems strawman-y. Can you speak more to that and your thoughts on other reactions to Cobalt?

Can you further explain why what happened in the 22 posts in which he seems to have changed his Math read was a reach based on what actually happened in them?

IIRC in your wall you both attacked von for trying to make a big towncircle and just sit on it, and then also attacked him for still questioning his MathBlade read after putting her in the bloc. Can you explain that differently?

I think that von generally interacts with the game in a more complex way when he's town than when he's scum. Still falling into high quantity, reactive, fluffy posting after stating he wants to change his playstyle reflects that to me. I also think this level of self-righteousness is out of his scumrange.

---------- Post automerged at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Once more: Corrdorr

---------- Post automerged at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Though Typhon, I don't mind if you wait to follow up on the MathBlade/22 posts aspect until after von explains his thought process regarding the evolution of his read on her more.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

There are honestly so many pages I'm just. .___.

---------- Post automerged at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Can someone give me specific interactions to focus on as I go back and read the thread?

Like if somebody is thinking w/w like Jarizok's post on Fluff and Von, or some other kind of aligned pairs that I can pick apart as I'm going through it

I hate to just overload myself with information because then I have difficulty forming my own reads :/