1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Does Fonti not feel really similar to MM6 to you? She's had some pockety interactions (80, "clever, Mal") and things reminiscent to how she talked with newcomb d1 iirc (114 "try to spot a problem" seems very similar to the we-know-something-they-don't-know unspoken interaction with newcomb d1.)

I kinda townread Tom for a few small reasons and her push on him seems reminiscent of her push on von in that game with the multifaceted bury (here in things like post #409 where point 1 is reasonable and makes the push justified and point 2 seems very unreasonable to me)

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I know fluff, I was being hilarious. Obviously it went right over your cute kitteny head. That happens a lot when I say hilarious things.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Meow/10char

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm thinking about it.

5. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Yeah, I am. Appeasy seems to be the new fad term this game and I've seen it like 5 times. Tongue-in-cheek.

It's not my style to make cases against players. I post reads and thoughts and like to interact in real time. So when I get asked for substantiation and I give it am I being appeasy? Perhaps :sherlock:

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Then please interact with people. Ask questions. Point out inconsistencies.

Do something.

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I am at my own pace, thank you.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Those things work as scum because they imitate mt town play, dlgn, my darling.

9. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Where have I heard this before...

But really, yes, I know you are level and are quite proud of it and yes, I know you say similar things as both alignments. This is not news.

I don't read into phrasing and word choice that much with you (you said something in MM6 that was verbatim to a previous mafia-alignment game and perhaps I should have pushed on it harder but I just note those things w/r/t you and assess your trajectory).

So here like I do in video I read you mostly on direction. You're approach has been similar to MM6 where you were mafia and I find myself disagreeing with your direction on Tom. Also your treatment of Typhon is really strange to me.

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Mm. I can see it if I squint. But I don't really feel like squinting as I think she's Living in this thread. And in my mind, except w/r/t miner.

Comparing her play around von there (setting him up as an aligned pair to her designated mislynch when he was preeeetty darn town) to her play around tom here is hard for me to really grok. Almost as hard as grok'ing tom's play in this game in general!

When I said mal was jumping the gun, I partly meant that I would've liked to see how hard she would go to bat for von as the day progressed. She's not as town as, like, Cobalt coming out of what was just exchanged, but she's townish. /shrug

Tell me more about her directions.

11. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I guess the right question is - if you are as level as you believe you are, why should I or anybody else read you town this game? And are you not suspicious of some of the townreads on you?

Several people have called you mafia and I like the way it's being done and it seems you agree by the way you've townread ~most people who have called you mafia. I don't think it's the entire mafia team pushing you.

Then there are people you're close with like von who called you town early (though substantiated it more in his post last night) Also jan called you town for the thinnest of reasons. Those don't ping you at all?

---------- Post automerged at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

It's kind of like how I "read" boone. She's not anybody's first choice to push. So when it happens I generally think it's coming from town. And when it happens a lot, there's usually something to it.

12. Delphine

Delphine First Year

13. fontisian

Jan and Von's reads don't bother, because I think I am at least more townsided than I would be if I were scum. Judge me on my reads and reasons, I suppose. I think Typhon strongly mafia. So do you. I have a lot of townreads. Do you agree with them? If Tom is the only thing we disagree, well, I'd want you to reassess, but I could live with that.

14. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Initially seemed to dislike typhon for the same reason I did. Then posted

which I really, really disliked. If you look at Typhon's posts between these two points he didn't post anything remotely towny.

She outright called him scum again in

which I disagree with on 2 levels. I don't think that's a scumclaim and I don't believe she thinks he's scumclaiming (she's not voting him for it).

From her own words she's:

I don't think the typhon push is genuine. I am scarred from an occasion I was mafia and pushed onto fonti and she immediately said the 'oh my god, you are mafia, aren't you?' line and wrecked me with ryuzilla iirc. Here it she did the same but it's completely limp imo. She's pretended to catch him and largely let it slide. Even going further to accuse him of scumclaiming that doesn't really look like anything.

Meanwhile pushing Tom for a variety of reasons that seem more forced than not. I don't think Tom is very mafia.

> I don't like fonti's direction so far.

---------- Post automerged at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

I don't feel too strongly about most people in this game. I townread almost the entire bloc on Typhon atm and think that is the best direction to go today.

15. fontisian

Mm'k. Then push Typhon. I don't his wagon particular needs my help, especially if you start putting some effort into it.

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Test 123. Please do not discuss elephants in the room as I do not see any elephants in the room.

Will catch up in a bit.

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Did you ever answer this, Tom?

I found it interesting because it's one of those things that is so mafia it's almost certainly town.

I cannot think of a towny reason why the same action looks good for one player and not another unless there's some really wacky meta involved.

There is a clear mafia motivation for such a read - you have a certain conclusion you're trying to push and are making up reasons for getting there.

The thing is - does a mafia be this blatant and open about it???

I don't know Tom, but I'd be surprised if ~anybody in this game or most others did that as mafia.

18. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

This post feels like it belongs in scumchat.

---------- Post automerged at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

I like your posts. You has townread.

---------- Post automerged at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Dlgn I also agree that Fonti is scum but I don't think any of her pushes are genuine because she is scum. I just don't think she is scum with Typhon.

---------- Post automerged at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

I think her points are unreasonable because she is scum. I also think that Tom is scum because she moved off Tom to Typhon and didn't keep track of her vote.

Scum always have to come up with bs reasons and I get more from vote analyzing on scum than their reasons unless they scumslip. This could be a Fonti/Tom cross bus start especially with how Tom's fake reads went.

19. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Probably not but maybe? Her early push on him seemed exclusionary but her behaviour since is like.... exactly what a partner would do? Continue to call them ~outed and yet push something else that has traction.

I don't know. I think they are both independently mafia and am waffling on what I want to do today. I'm sticking with Typhon for now because I like the voters on him and I'm kinda stubborn. But I also dislike fonti individually and find a lot of pressure toward her more towny than not.

---------- Post automerged at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Interesting. I had an opposite read of the progression. It was more she dropped the Typhon read for ~nothing and would rather lynch Tom.

20. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

And you get a townread :) Aren't I charitable?