1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Delphine.
    I said a little while ago that he is my hottake scumread because I felt his early game that was very focused on just a single read and so hard tryng on to it.
    Felt off to me.

That is why I moves him to the bottom there.
    The other reads were just left overs from the rng i made before (i think), and the people that i did not have a good read on at the time.

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Stop pulling your vote off my scumread and adding it to my townread. You should be bussing. I really think Typhon is town.

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Oh, I thought hottake implied a new opinion. I did see that post already.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

It was new as in not shared with the thread at the time.

Hot does not mean within the last 50 posts.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Note to everyone - I literally went to sleep in my computer chair during my reread, and am just now waking up like 11 hours later. I have a thing of do today that I will be spending the next several hours on, and then I intend to live and breathe this game for the rest of D1 at the very least.

Get hype.

6. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Hype received.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

I do like idea of a Jarizok wagon.

Hmmm.

tom, buddy, if you're gonna doubtcast me by saying that all I want is policy lynches then you're gonna have to try again.

---------- Post automerged at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

This post's tone is weird. Also, why do you think Typhon is town Math?

---------- Post automerged at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

If tom gets lynched today font doesn't get nearly enough towncred to do that.

Because he's tom. It's almost expected he gets lynched on DLP.

8. Jarizok

And on that note, I was making this great big post about Font/tom w/w with lots of points on it and then I remembered that discussion we have about walls 'n such. I have therefore decided to condense my argument to its strongest point and go from there.

So, we are at the point that tom enters the thread with his Waco thing. Not going to discuss that again. What does Font do? Font pounces on him, securing herself bragging rights as ¨leading voice¨ on a scumlynch when tom gets strung up. I say when because we all know tom gets lynched at some point. We all knew it before the game started. Tom's even steering us in that direction itt gently (he'd probably rather it happen D2 if he can manage it).

Thus, the perfect play for scum!tom's teammates to make, is to make sure they look good when he flips. Font knows tom does stupid/random things all the time as any alignment. tom has made 1 content post so far (3 in total). There was no honest to god good reason for town!Font to leave her relatively well supported Typhon scumread to jump onto tom here, just zero. I think this argument was also already made somewhere by someone (Q? Miner?) but I'm not sure where and by whom so no credits.

She makes sure she doesn't make the bus too obvious by letting Miner spell out what's scummie about tom's post (114, 121) while reinforcing the read herself with IioA (116). When Miner doesn't jump on it (Miner's probably town because of this), Font ¨disagrees to a certain extent¨. She wants tom to die and she wants the cred, but she refuses to bus him because we've seen how that turned out last game.

You can't be a leading voice on a lynch without risking it looking bussy like Font is trying to do with tom right now. Town!Font wouldn't care about how it looks as long as she's right, because town!Font expects to die sooner rather than later. This Font does care, because this is not town!font.

All of the above assumes tom is scum, but I don't believe I need to make a separate argument for that at this point, right?

---------- Post automerged at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Hey Miner.

I'm town, I'm not a good wagon.

Oh right, you actually reminded me that I was supposed to establish my towniness as well as argue Font/tom w/w. Good point.

---------- Post automerged at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Uuhm... let's do that by way of Q and A. Or ye know, someone could make an actual case against me and I could actually defend myself against anything other than people blowing shade my way.

---------- Post automerged at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Against something*

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

Alright let's discuss this.

Keep in mind I have no idea what font is, but it will become clearer with flips.

So I don't think your point that town!font doesn't leave a solid scumread for another scumread. Because, assuming tom is scum like you said, she would one hundred percent leave Typhon's wagon for another scum wagon.

I also think that it's actually incredibly hard for scum!font to not be lynched, because she's developed a proven reputation to be right about most of her reads, resulting in her chain-lynching scum as town. This is why I mentioned that if she's wrong twice in a row she's getting the noose on day three.

If she's scum and wants to bus her buddies out for town, then she should be kept alive.

If she's town she'll be nightkilled because she's just too scary for scum to deal with. (Fun fact, originally she would've been the nightkill in TH if I hadn't been buried d1 and Math was heavily scumread as well, so we kinda went for the hero shot).

This is also why she never gets lynched d1 to the best of my knowledge. Feel free to correct me if someone knows better.

Like, font could be either alignment right now. It'll become clearer as flips are revealed. I don't think that she gains enough towncred by lynching tom to lead town off a cliff. I really don't. I know I wouldn't trust her in an endgame unless there's a very good reason to do so.

---------- Post automerged at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------
    Jarizok

Here's the thing about this game that's making me scumlean you. Usually as town you'd have good reads, and then you'd develop your cases on them as time goes on, and they're usually good points.

My problem with you this game is that of your scumreads which you put out early, the only one you really discussed is font right now, and I disagree with a lot of the points.

This is concerning.

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

It's kinda weirding me out watching the Miner wagon take a class trip to Jarizok. Especially with Delphine questioning for doing it and then following him.

Boring... thats... er, real riveting reasoning your got there

In fact I do know who I'm voting...

Reading this (and the fuller explanation later), its a theory I've considered but idk.

That said...

I dislike this a lot. Literally looks like you're trying to short circuit the wagon you championed (and gave a far stronger case on).

---------- Post automerged at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Since I haven't seen a response mallorean_thug, I want you to answer my question about Jan from last night

---------- Post automerged at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------
    Delphine: Do you have a reason for that Corrdorr read that isn't, "he's being outposted by the mod"

---------- Post automerged at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Vote: Fontisian

11. Jarizok

Alright, so my argument was not at all that town!Font can move from one scumwagon to another.

The point here was: There was no scumwagon on tom when she moved. There wasn't a case for one when she moved. There was literally 1 content post from tom at all. That's not moving from one wagon to the other, that's abandoning a fair case for a bus on her scum partner.

Also, it's blatantly untrue that I haven't discussed my Von scumread before this and I've reconsidered both my Typhon scumread that I posted somewhere within 10 posts of my first post and my Fluff scumread. So yeah. Oh right, I cut that but about my reconsidering fluff out of my post. lol.

I'm developing my Font scumread over my Von scumread because that's what Mal wanted me to do and he had a fair case for it.

---------- Post automerged at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

I already mentioned Von and Font were hyping Fluff's towniness like fuck. I've since come around a bit on fluff because this strategy works just as well if fluff IS town.

What makes this even worse for Font though, is that Font comes down on Typhon for townreading fluff after Von and she herself have already done so (as pointed out by Cobalt before, all due credit).

This reeks of ¨If I bring in this argument first, noone will be able to use it at me¨. I strongly suspect Font wants us to think Typhon is doing what she's actually doing herself (townreading fluff with tmi).

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Say what??

Heading to bed, night all

13. Jarizok

There ya go, developed my Von, Typhon and Fluff reads in 5 sentences.

---------- Post automerged at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

It's true Waco. Mal was all like: If you can pick between lynching scum!Vaimes and scum!Font you should always lynch Font! Just not in those words.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

mal did also say to consider clearing us both. :)

15. Jarizok

I take everything back. Mal doesn't know what he's talking about.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean, the man has two posts. How else would you read him?

17. Jarizok

Miner would you like to react to my reaction to your reaction to my post?

18. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Nah, it's a +1 of Q's thought that him only talking about Cobalt was meh.

19. Jarizok

Yo Delphi! Would you like to make a case for me being scum so I can defend myself?

Or do you have any questions for me?

---------- Post automerged at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

I really like my new job. Plenty of opportunity to play mafia as I go.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Eh. tom's opening post was... not great.

Like, the reason why I didn't find it as scummy as you do is because I see where it's coming from.

And yes, I get that tom would be exactly the type of town to make such an opening post.

But there's too much of a chance of that coming from scum!tom for me to let it go.

I essentially agree with what Cobalt said, in that I believe tom to be scum but he is the low hanging fruit in this case. The only difference is that I don't really have anywhere else to go (I wish Von was on the table) as of right now, so I'm going for the low-hanging fruit.

I should note that in my tom/Typhon world, tom is much more likely to be scum than Typhon.

---------- Post automerged at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

And I realize fonti could be pocketing me by hardclearing me.

Please don't think that I missed that.