1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

No....?

That's not what we were talking about at all?

What?

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

DLGN: I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, but I think DLGN is avoiding talking about things other than fonti for a reason, that being that he doesn't actually have reads/doesn't want to be forced to commit to them.

MathBlade: still seeing more scum Math than town Math.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

You're talking about when fonti moved. Fonti moved essentially when tom made his opening post. She didn't immediately move her vote, but she clamped down on tom for that post.

4. Jarizok

Our differences in opinion about how scummy tom's post was do not matter here. It's about what Fonti had at that point in time and what she chose to do with it.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

I recognize that Math's tone is very similar to TH. It's why her posts are making me pause.

But if she were really scum, would she play exactly the same way? And do you think that scum!Math and town!Math have different tones? Because it could just be that they both play the same way.

---------- Post automerged at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Well, if I think it's scummy, then I could see fonti seeing it as scummy, and naturally moving. I don't see what's wrong with that.

6. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I wrote about you in my automerge series last night.

Guess I'm not following how you're calling fonti's initial vote on Typhon "reasonable" etc. but then go on to explain that it wasn't reasonable to "hype up" hf seeming townie and then attack Typhon for it

7. Jarizok

Nevermind, misread that second sentence of yours. You're making your post more about where your at than about Font but whatevs, my bad.

---------- Post automerged at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------
    Delphine I'm only calling Font's case on Typhon reasonable compared to her case on tom at the time of her vote switch.

I mean, at least Typhon had content to attack him on.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm probably not the best Math reader, but I do think there is a difference between her town and scum play. I said this last game, she's more exuberant and her posts usually scream "I'm town" even when she's wrong. I'm just not seeing that here.

9. Jarizok

his fluffiness I wouldn't come close to saying Math's posts scream towniness, but there's a definate sense of... being different than last game coming across. I think Math is probably town. Admittedly, it's a bit of a gutread.

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Question about the tone -- Yes it is different. Waiting on someone to post. Explaining why spoils it.

Rest of big big words will get to late tonight

11. Jarizok

Actually, I say this out of hand like this but I'm not sure how much content Typhon had when Font voted him... Let me just remedy this situation.

---------- Post automerged at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Yeah, Typhon was already in the process of being scumread by multiple people for fucking up the singing. His fluff read even came after Font's 'joke'vote.

---------- Post automerged at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Sidenote to everyone: We have surpassed the threadsize of AYAW 4 and concussion mafia. It's D1 and EoD isn't even close yet.

12. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I do think it makes sense that fonti would want to distance from scum!Tom early. I think the best argument for that is the "how about you talk me out of this either some meta" (though why not say that in scumchat)?

I don't find her play around Tom and Typhon early makes her scum above chance. The ~number of content~ posts argument doesn't do it for me because I think tom exhibited tells that are relatively important to get (being tone deaf and not believing what you're saying,).

Can you explain the part about town fonti not caring if her pushes look bussy ? Where have you seen the opposite?

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

Jarizok

I tend to townread people who mindmeld with me on d1. Obviously this changes as the game goes on. For now, though, like I said, font can be town.

14. Delphine

Delphine First Year

See, yeah. At least you admit it here, but a problem I have with your posts is that you're very focused on interactions within the first few pages and yet you have a hyperbolic portrayal of certain things.

15. Jarizok

Any signs tom exhibited are moot because it was tom's entry into a game and that's what he does, but I'll leave that for it is and explain the bussy bit.

That argument isn't stooled on observation but logic. Kant would be proud of me.

Font knows that town is going to be wary of her and scum are going to want to shoot her in every game she enters on this site.

This means that town!Font always has the thought in the back of her head: ¨Odds are I get shot tonight. I have to make my time alive count by finding scum.¨ Because of this, she cares less if at all about looking bussy on a flip; she found scum, her job is done if she dies that night. After all, if she doesn't die that night she goes about her hunting business with the same ferocity the next day. If she gets lynched or shot then, she flips town and all the info she got help town win.

The above shows that Town!Font doesn't care about looking bussy. What we've seen this game is Scum!Font wanting the cred for finding scum, but going about it in such a way that she's exhibiting all the signs of us not wanting to think she's bussing her teammate. This is why she tried to make Miner make the case on tom (after she was the first one to get her vote in of course).

---------- Post automerged at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

I'd like to quote what Miner said about me a bit back about me having good reads early that I develop later on. The real case building only just started so I'm focused around where I picked up on something. I haven't really been off on those reads yet so I reason around the feeling I had.

Sometimes the case falls apart then, like it did for Typhon and fluff after that. I thought I saw something, tried to make it into something, realized it didn't actually work the way I thought it did and then abandon it.

The cases I've build from my initial gutreads on Vaimes and Font hold up though, so I'm inclined to think I'm probably on to something.

16. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I'm headed in to CPR class now and have work later but I'll digest all of that when I get a chance

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I don't care for how much of the fonti case is based on me being scum because I'm not and she might be.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Flip for it.

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm probably gonna.

Real thoughts on fonti:
    I'm town. Her push on me is not for anything alignment indicative, and my gut says she's better than that.
    The thing giving me pause is we've only played three games together.
    In two, she was scum and didn't have to read me.
    In the other, I was and she got real lucky scumreading me (I think part of the case was me avoiding getting lumped when I didn't know lumping came with a priest investigation or something dumb like that) so maybe she actually thinks I'm easy to read.
    I'm not though. Because I'm much scummier as town than scum.
    Anyway. I may be holding her to a higher standard because she's good.

Vaimes, on the other hand, absolutely knows I've done nothing alignment indicative this game, and even said as much a couple days ago.
    And is still scumreading me with zero reasoning.

Miner still wants to policy lynch, and just said I will have to better than that to doubtcast him.
    Which... does not feel like a real reaction.
    Because he is the one wanting that and his response should be more indignant that I think that's a problem.

I think there's scum in fonti/von/miner.
    Definitely one. likely two. Maaaayyybe 3.
    I say this not only because of their reasoning or lack thereof, but because I know my own history and when I get lynched the wagon is usually majority scum

20. Jarizok

Miner is probs town. I'm right there with you on scum in the other 2.

I'm leaning towards 2 in 2 in case you hadn't noticed.