1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

I don't think I've ever been called repulsive. That's a first.

---------- Post automerged at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

The thing is, tom is almost ALWAYS a policy lynch vote. Because, like you said, I don't have a clue wtf he's thinking. Like, I wish I could say that after three games or so I knew what he was doing. But in two of those games he played pretty scummy as town. And in the third he went for the transparency town play that /should/ have been townread, but everyone scumread him for it because his reputation was that he doesn't ever play that way.

Like... zzzzzz.

Also, we don't mention WH7. We don't.

---------- Post automerged at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

I mean, you voted him out of the blue right after font and Vaimes switched.

Also, even if Von was town, why would that make Jarizok's read bad?

2. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    It's not you per se, it's the tone of the post. "Bad tom" just reads to me like someone you don't feel threatened by; a child you're telling what not to do, not a potential mafia voting you. It could be TMI, it could be partnery, but whatever it is it's just gross to me.

Mathblade talked to fluff the same way and it really irks me for some reason.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Look kid, you don't have to read my posts, but don't make false assumptions about my behavior after you skip reading them, thanks.

Already took my sleeping pill .. so should be out in a minute. GoodNight.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lol. I certainly skimmed them. The sheer number of ellipses and other shit mixed in hurt my eyes.

But that's neither here nor there.

I don't think im making any false assumptions at all.

Jan can be my third scumlean.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Flash wagons usually happen when everyone's doubting the current lynch is scum, so they panic and all pile onto someone else at the last second.

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Yeah and they're >>done by scum to secure a low-accountability lynch and/or out PRs ime. They're risky because a lot can be learned from wagon-movement but less so under the current ruleset because NL is a very-real possibility as you well know from MM6.

7. fontisian

You've probably never talked to a woman before.

Re tom: Let's compromise and call it a policy plus fonti scumreads him lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Nah. Flash wagons are led by town more often than not. They tend to have bad results, but that's because townies are bad.

Anyway, the Jari thing isn't a flashwagon. It's three people who agree he's likely scum exerting some pressure before eod.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Hey are you scum or?

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Hello new person! :) Nice to meet you.

---------- Post automerged at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Yay for PC posting.

Ugh...I want Fonti and Tom so freakin bad...I wish I had multiple votes.

---------- Post automerged at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Typhon is a bad lynch. I don't like it.

10. fontisian

Hey are you scum or?

11. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

And now Fonti has an excuse to not bus....*sigh*

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

You break my heart.

Also, you're on Jarizok. So I don't understand that sentence.

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Wow Two of my scumreads on Typhon...So shocked. /not

Typhon is an obvious counterwagon to Tom.

---------- Post automerged at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

She is on Typhon? Wtf.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

she switched after vc im pretty sure

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I just.

I feel like you have to know I'm not scum here.

You've seen literally all of my scum games, so far as I know. This is not it.

That's an incredibly bad reason to scumread you, but it just kinda is what it is.

Off to read you now.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Gross.
    vote miner

---------- Post automerged at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Serious question: how bad do you think people are at playing scum?

17. CrimsonFox

CrimsonFox Muggle

I would mind that terribly actually. How about you do something radical and just....play mafia.

18. fontisian

Don't you understand, miner?

We're going to kill them all~

Ahahahaha. Ha. Ha.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Hah. You're. Very. Funny.

Did I do that right?

CF why ever not?

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

This has been a goddamn disaster of a game from me and I kinda want to run away from it and stop reading now. I just... I'm so confused.

I want to have somebody check my fonti work, but I don't have any townreads that aren't in my paranoia fonti world that have any willingness to engage in that.

And the thing is that not everything fonti is doing is scummy. Like, if she was actually town the way she's treated me and tom if she actually believed in scum me and tom is consistent with fonti's town play.

And, and, the fonti read onto to tom is good. The Waco case was bad, but more than that I can see the reasoning and her issues with it and they're good. And so I want to townread her for that, because it's super towny. But also it's tom, and tom could totally have pulled that shit as town, in which case it's fonti jumping on a tom thing to get one of the necessary mislynches.

But then.

In 114 she says Miner seems towny. This is bad. Miner's only real post is 92. For those of you too lazy to look, he mentions that the last time Jarizok did something (lynched afk Delph), he was scum. There was no vote for it or follow up or anything, just a passive observation. Similarly, I /still/ contend that the Math townread didn't make sense, but I'm in another dimension when I talk about that because apparently no one else can see it (my point or me making it) and fonti has openly said she's not engaging on it, so. Yeah.

She's super pocket-y with Mal. Like, that "Clever, Mal." thing at the beginning? I'm clearly a fucking idiot from the moment this game started, but I can't see any purpose that served. As was the weird "no town credit for scumreading me mal" > "okay, yeah, a little". That feels super pocket-y for me.

And then she's back to tom with some still decent points but it's tom and I just don't know what to do with that.

And then I try to engage with her about my failed wall a bit later and she hits me with a "nah, I think Q covered what I thought." But Q was still reasoning with me about it (or had just stopped at that point) and had come around to light-townreading me for my reaction to his reaction to my wall. But fonti kinda settled on the initial reaction and stuck with it. Not that there's anything inherently scummy about that, to be fair. But I feel like that's been a bit of a common theme - she's not /really/ engaging with me despite consistently scumreading me and part of me feels like that's because when she drives the mislynch on me and I flip town this way it won't be her reasoning that pushed it home, if that makes sense?

Right now her part of the case on me is the silly TMI Fluff thing, and her sheeping Q and Delph's reasonings. And so when I flip town, it's not as though she has any anchors around her to be drug down from advocating a mislynch.

So yeah. That's me in the midst of the nervous breakdown caused by this game concluding fonti is scum, I think. I highly doubt I'm getting this lynch today, but

Lynch Vote fontisian

anyway.

I'm going to rest for a few minutes and then try to figure someone else out.

---------- Post automerged at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Actually, I wanna say that the above is partially a Vaimes point too. Vaimes keeps freaking me out for doing this thing where he's scum reading me, but not engaging with me. Like, sometimes we have a exchange, but he like makes his point and bails when I drop a counterpoint. Which, yeah, sure, I don't own him, he can come and go as he pleases, but it's a thing.

---------- Post automerged at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

It's after the fact now, but I have never resonated so much with anything.

Also, lol, better times.