1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I see something different than what you're seeing there, and it makes me feel worse about you.

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

No. Just... no.

I the miner point in my wall about you specifically saying you reached on the townread.

Miner has been towny since then, and not just a little bit. You are /not/ doing this to me right now.

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Mine is a special variety of nervous breakdown rage.

---------- Post automerged at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Do people really skim walls so hard that you could say something like that and people might believe it?

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

They're like two pages apart. What.

Also, the thing dlgn pointed out. Mal, his meaning is clearly not that I'll be disappointed because he won't be lynched, because he's been talking about being scumread by almost everyone while showing no signs of bravado like that. The "you'll be disappointed when I flip town" interpretation fits much more closely with his tone throughout the game, while revealing that he doesn't actually think I'm math.

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

True of false: Town!Typhon feels that strong players are more towny when their reads are close to his. He understand that everyone gets reads in different ways, and that stronger players may get them more quickly than he does.

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Then put yourself in Typhon's shoes.

You have a strong townread on Miner. You see that I developed a strong read on Miner, though it's earlier than you would have made it. Does this make you feel like I am a. more scummy b. more towny or c. neither.

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

You further see that I have been defending this strong townread of yours from a wagon throughout the day, but you're still a little worried the read wasn't genuine. What would that make you think, fluff?

The answer is not "I'll use this as a point to lynch fonti."

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I read his post where he complains about you town reading miner as a post where he meant that when you had that read, miner had no real content yet, and thus he thought that you were faking it.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm not really sure.
    I don't have enough of a handle on this game to tell you the most vital times.

Most memorable for me were your font push, vaimes' big "ok maybe this is townvaimes" post, jan's popin asskicking, and miner's laissez faire responses to these and other ~things~

6. fontisian

Further point: the only way this works if you are town, is if you read my posts to read me and did not read miner's at all after the first 100 posts or so in the thread, and thus had no actual read on him. There's no way you did this, therefore you are not town.

---------- Post automerged at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Yes, that is accurate.

But he townread miner for posts after, meaning he agrees with the read. Tell me fluff, do you come to the reads I do at the exact same time all of the time, or are you happy when we simply eventually have similar reads? Further, if you're Typhon, and you think I'm reading town!Miner town to look good, why you think I bother defending Miner from Delphine, Jan and others throughout the DaY?

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Are you kidding me with this? Like, what in the literal fuck fontisian?

Please tell me the rest of the game is watching her make her move to dumpster me right here with something that is clearly and egregiously /false/.

It doesn't even make sense. I have said 1278234 times that I will not be the lynch, and had precisely this exchange with Vaimes like 40 hours ago. Also, I forgot that a town flip would disappoint scum? /What?/

The second part, aside from being condescending as fuck, is absurd beyond belief. You dumpstered me for saying fluff could be towny because for me to say that I had to have tmi, but when I call bullshit in you townreading miner off of 92 it's because so much better than me that I should accept you made the right read faster than I could? Really?

Get out of here with that.

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

.....Why????

*sigh*

---------- Post automerged at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

Why would Fonti ever be me?

Like I don't understand anything Fonti says at all.

9. fontisian

Fluff, you, Typhon and the rest of the thread know I make reads for things that don't always make sense to you. It almost all cases but this one, you then attempt to read the person yourself and see if you agree. How often, fluff, does someone townread the person I am townreading and then attack me for townreading them, as if they've never played with me before?

I think it's far more likely Typhon had not decided he was going to townread Miner at that point, because he's scum and his reads are bullshit.

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

1. The latter.

2. Hypothetically, it's to look good if he's eventually mislynched. I don't think that's happening here though.

11. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I don't even feel like we're talking about the same shit at this point.

I /clearly/ townread Miner. I've talked about it before.

It is incredibly rich to me that you put this fucking lynch train on the tracks over an argument of tmi and are now claiming such a thing could never apply to you, and that I would attempt to means I am clearly scum.

I just.

12. fontisian

Good. Put those points together. See where Typhon's mindset doesn't make sense.

Typhon, I'll go through your iso and see if anything matches the tone. The point isn't that your forgot scum are happy when town is lynched. The point is that for a second when you were talking to me, you forgot you were supposed to be scumreading me.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jarizok lynch?

Jarizok lynch.

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

See, if you had read my wall back on page 5, you'd know I've townread miner since then.

But lol, nah, you just agreed with Q about that, right?

15. fontisian

The tmi argument is about your wording, though the timing is also a part of it.

Typhon, my question is this: Do you think I am more likely to accurately read someone town early on than you are? Yes or no, please.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

font, let's let Typhon simmer until Day 2, yeah?

I'll tell you why at, oh, some point.

17. fontisian

Then you're simply stretching for argument to get me out of the game. The points remains that you would not have that thought process as town.

---------- Post automerged at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

I refuse.

He is scum and I will crush him.

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

We're lynching fonti over this.

Vaimes, if you're not scum with her, read what has happened here. Honest to god read it.

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I just went back to page 5 to look at your wall again, and was confused cause that was basically when we were singing. I then realized it's due to posts per page.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

How on earth could I ever doubt the great fontisian's towniness, amirite?

I honestly cannot believe you said some of the things you just said.