1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ok, so tell us why you decided to townread miner.
    I just read those first two pages.
    I've been known to throw out some ridiculous RVS townreads, and I don't see anything.

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I'm 100ppp. It's in the late 400s.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Reading over Typhon's post to see if anything matches the tone of Mal's interpretation. Found this on the way through:
    See if you can spot the mindset difference between then and now.

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yes.

Such a thing is irrelevant, because there is nothing /there/.

By the end of the page I'd have let you go with it - I was nowhere approaching confident till page 4 myself, to be honest. But I had a miner seminar by way of TH, and I can make a decent read on him - he was not discernible as town when you called him town, and the fact that I'd only bring that argument as scum is ridiculous.

5. fontisian

At the first time I said Miner was kind of town, I was vaguely townreading him over this:
    Partially because I agreed, partially because he didn't pounce.

I also liked how he sniped at me about my gut. I thought that after getting dunked by me in the previous game, he was unlikely to try to draw my attention early d1 as scum.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ok, I can buy that. Very personal.
    I don't think miner is the type to show fear like that, but whatevs.

Has anything miner has done pinged you?
    You have pretty consistently defended him, was there ever doubt?

7. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Typhon, if you're town here, I'm pretty sympathetic.

But trying to diffuse accusations against you by pointing out "hypocrisy" never works well and is something I see scum attempt way more than town "Why are you guys scumreading me for reason x when reason x also applies to this other player y?"

Like, you can use that kind of reasoning to possibly catch y's scumbuddies, if they exist, but its not an actual argument for y being scum. Because if Reason X is convincing, you'd both have to be scum, and if its not, you can't use it against player y!

8. fontisian

Yeah, I quoted three different things to Delphine as reasons he was town and an additional one to Jan. You can find them in my iso. Too busy to do it myself right now.

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

You know what? On some level this is fine. I disagree that it is in any way sufficient to form a townread, but that's fine, and you know that if you had opened with this I'd have listened and felt much the same.

That you have very clearly misconstrued several of my arguments to try and push 3 different worlds that look like shit for me, each of which clearly prove my guilt because "I'd never act like this as town" is ridiculous. A fontisian that gave a shit about my alignment would not have done this.

10. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Like, your current line is vacillating between the "it's not fair" defense and the "font and I have basically the same sins, so the choice between us is equal".

Instead, could you give me the 3 other scummiest players in scum!font world

and the 4 scummiest players is town!font world.

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No I'm looking for scum pings.
    Thus the word "doubt"

12. fontisian

Ok, Typhon had one post with a similar tone to mal's interpretation here:
    His posts with tones against that interpretation include:
    Etc.

And another point:
    Typhon, do you truly think I'm good enough that I should always know you're town, even when you're a self proclaimed crumbling mess, but I'm not good enough to be able to townread Miner before you get a townread on him?

13. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Look, I get that hypocrisy=/=scuminess. Seriously, I do. Yes, the tmi stuff infuriate(s/d) me. Yes, that's a personal problem.

But mal. Mal. Listen to me here, man. Read back what just happened. Look at the ways fonti tried to misconstrue my argument before she was forced to walk back and give her reasoning.

Sure, it's extant. I think it's weak, but that's whatever. My whole fonti read wasn't based around miner. It's based around the patently false way she's approaching this game.

14. fontisian

I'll admit that sometimes my gut reaction to slightly off language can be wrong. It was on Kalas last game. I don't believe it is wrong here.

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Honestly, if that's how you see it, with you being as clear-headed a sort as exists in this game, then that's a kick in the teeth because I'm fucked.

Yes, I was pissed at the hypocrisy. Anger=/=my case. I am saying what I said in the last post - she is appoaching the game in a way that is false. Not utterly artificial, because she's good as scum, but you can see it if you look closely.

Idk. In the paranoia world of you!scum, its you/font/vaimes/Math, probably?

Without you, its font/vaimes/Math/... no fucking clue? [CF,DLGN,Jan,Jari,Tom,Waco]

Without you or font, probably also no Vaimes. So Math/3 of the bracketed group.

16. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    This /could/ be a dumb town/town fight that scum are avoiding participating in. I think votals could match that interpretation.

Would you like to lay out a case on Math? Apologies if you've already done that.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

There's a reason for the variance in tone that you've quoted. I think we're about to the point to talk about it.

To the quoted bit, I think the bar of knowing this play is not consistent with my previous scumplay is significantly lower than being able to make that townread from the two points you mentioned. You don't have to peer into this mess and see the light of town!Typhon, you just need to see that this clusterfuck is different from anything previous from me, and be pinged by that. But you've already "figured out" my alignment, so that hasn't really been a thing.

---------- Post automerged at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

This was the short version that I outlined for Waco earlier.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Typhon, do you think scum!Math would do an exact repeat of their scumplay from one game ago, given their claim that their scumgame is excellent offsite and they just needed to get re-used to the DLP meta?

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

The last quote was in reference to mine and Math's conversation from 463-496.

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

I mean.

I feel like you're kinda backing me into a corner to be a dick or back down here.

No offense is intended, but I remember reading briefly through Math's QT postgame, and I feel like they felt like most of their issues really were related to activity and RL distraction more than actual errors in their play, so yes, I don't think it would be out of the question if they felt like that was the issue above all else.

Further, depending on the team it wouldn't be a bad tactical play.

20. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Vaimes I don't buy that argument. You could also say "Do you really think that scum!Math would purposefully scumclaim in order to frame Mal, or do you think that they honestly slipped?"

Let's not give Math any credit for being good at scum here.