1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Trying to turn the past lynch immediately into another. Pinging Typhon and Cobalt especially, as they were guaranteed votes and so that helps build momentum easily.

I vaguely recall your fonti read Day 1 as being quite weak, and the reasoning here felt like just trying to jump on Typhon's re:your townread. Which I didn't and don't find the least bit persuasive.

---------- Post automerged at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Vote: dLGN

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Hi! First of all, welcome to the game. Sorry for replacing into an... admittedly... shitty slot in terms of activity so far.

And while you're here, could you please link me a town and scum game of yours?

And, referring back to CF, the reason I wanted to lynch him was precisely that he wasn't making any effort.

Like, if you're town, and this is you replacing in on day one, if you're playing to your wincon you should always always figure out who died if anyone, what day it is, and some basic idea of the wagons. But CF just spent the entire time asking people to quote "important things" (which he never defined) and asking people what day it was. Even though many people told him it was day one. He just kept asking.

Now, maybe I'm a little overenthusiastic about mafia (I only really discovered it recently), but I feel like if you're going to replace into a game it's going to be because you want to play.

So I scumread him for lack of effort d1. It's pretty easy to just coast d1 if you replace in with ~48 hours left and you can always say "I don't have time to read 1000+ posts". I do want to make it clear that I didn't expect him to read all 1000+ posts, but I did expect him to get the basic info down and maybe see where the gamestate was.

Not doing so is incredibly antitown.

Like, if he's town, then he's not helping town and will probably be set up as a mislynch later into the game.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

There is just a big difference between reconsidering and instantly pressing for a lynch.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Typhon wasn't a townread of mine until after flips were revealed.

And even then it was a weaker townread (probably green, rather than blue).

Plus, I don't think that fonti would have gotten lynched with any amount of momentum because no one in their right mind is going to hammer her more than ~1 hour before EOD unless she's obv!scum.

---------- Post automerged at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Hey Jan!

Did you read my post about Math and Q? Do you have any thoughts?

---------- Post automerged at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Also, I thought I made it pretty clear that I wanted a wagon, not a lynch.

I wasn't ever expecting a lynch that early in the day.

5. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Scum Game
    Town Game (I replaced in on D2 for Shockwave)

Since you've brought this up, I noticed it's a thing of yours to ask for games from people. When are we going to see some analysis from all these links?

Lack of effort isn't really a scum tell. Deliberately disguising a lack of effort by doing "useful things" that don't contribute to the game is, but being stone cold useless is just a bad play tell. I'm not saying it wan't anti-town, because it absolutely was. But anti-town isn't the same as indicative of scum: he wasn't helping the town, but he wasn't playing towards a scum win condition either.

6. Quiddity

High Score:
    What's your point re:Typhon?

And I don't see the relevance of the fonti thing. From where I was sitting before the claim it looked like there would be a ton of pressure on her post-D1. And you couldn't have known the claim would occur, so you wanted to get in early.

---------- Post automerged at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

This is just disingenuous.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

My point was that you were saying I was jumping Typhon's read because he was my townread, and that absolutely was not true.

Q, do you believe fonti's claim? Do you think she's town vig?

---------- Post automerged at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

I ask for links to get a sense of meta and hopefully that will allow me to know when something is off. I'm not sure what type of analysis you're looking for from past games. I will obviously point out if something particularly pings me.

Part of another, subtler, reason for asking for links is that scum will consciously make an effort to not play like their linked scumgame. This puts more pressure onto scum to "play differently", and (ideally) makes it easier for them to crack.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Read it, the Mathblade stuff was kind of new, just that I don't have the history to confirm the more scumread as town and more townread as scum.
    Wasn't true last game and the only other game we played before was Narutomafia (I think) and in that game they got lynched d2 when they counterclaimed the priest (as town).

So yeah not that much info on that part.

The Q part is similar to what I think of him. I don't have anything at the moment. Had him as low town early d1 for stupid reasons, but at this point he is somewhere in the middle.

Mal is less impactful as I want to remember, but I feel that my radar on such stuff is a bit off, because there are so many posts on d1, which makes it easy to not remember that much about a single player that was not in the middle of the fighting.

But that is a general problem I am having this game. Normally I would have way more townreads of different sizes, but this d1 did not give me as much, or the people I townread are confirmed towns by now.

My circle of people that I am not townreading is about 2 people too big for my own liking.

When I want a wagon then that person is most likely one of my top lynches or i am fucking around/having fun.

I don't know you as the person to fuck around.

---------- Post automerged at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------
    Quiddity

Give me your best non confirmed townread with a good reason.

You know .. try to sell me on a townread that is not a claimed pr.

9. Quiddity

High Score:
    No, it's not odd. But you were reading them a lot despite claiming not to. To whit:

You're right it's more than 'just fonti' on reread. But there is a reason both fluff and I came away with that impression, she is a big focus of yours. Which is what makes this a problem:

Now, why is this a problem?

Because I don't agree with this part. I think you're trying to revamp the narrative of the day as it suits you.

To me you say this:
    It would be fine if this is what you were doing. But its completely the opposite. Saying the fonti focus is fine because you were caring about him the most would've been great. But that's not what you gave initially: you tried to pretend the fonti focus wasn't a thing. Now you try and rewrite that as your owning up to it.

Once was odd. Changing it twice is a pattern. And it's a defensive one, a scummy one, as it doesn't reflect a proper self-knowledge of, or confidence in, ones reads.

This part is separate, because I only noticed as I was doing it. But the original post where you responded to fluff had an eerily similar ring to it:

The above was talking to fluff after they call you out, and you immediately go into a rant on the players you have discussed and then go rather OMGUSy for his daring to question you. More than that, you mention you've read him as town but basically threaten him off by saying it's not strong and you can come after him. Which, uh...

...remind you of anything?

So to recap: dLGN is very defensive. We see that in two ways, firstly his rewriting his past behavior as it suits what he wants to say, and secondly in trying to threaten and cajole those coming after him away.

So yeah. Kill the witch.

---------- Post automerged at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Yes. I found her very town yesterday, and I can't believe she's groupscum from the way she was pushed. Her vig claim - and specifically the Waco shot - is the first thing to make me question that.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Not really.

Q, why would scum miner turn on me now instead of when I was close to soft lynch yesterday?

11. Quiddity

High Score:
    Cobalt is the easy one. But stuff that.

Typhon is town. His behavior after his first read wall cemented it, but his entire gamut of play just reads that way. He's town, with very poor reads, but very confident in them and prepared to go hell for leather on them. And not in a Mathblade way, either: when he gives his walls you can see where they're coming from. The first one wasn't so good on that, which is part of what triggered me, but since then you can really see how it builds and builds. And, unfortunately, builds and builds out of a situation where cleared!town and probable!town are pushing him from page 1, and thus there is a strong paranoia element to them.

---------- Post automerged at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

I think that's from a filler game yonks ago, so probably should update it.

Because two mislynches.

Besides, with his given reasoning on you earlier, it was easy to stay off you and yet leave himself open for joining on you on the morrow.

---------- Post automerged at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I need to reread dLGN's play at EoD, but this is precisely why scum!him does it:

It's such an easy response to have, keeps him off the main wagons, and it means he can approach players devoid of nuance. Here, for instance, he doesn't need to care that I voted Jarizok because I wanted an actual lynch, he can just blindly point to it.

---------- Post automerged at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Oh, and that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you used Typhon's reasoning because it was there, convenient, and had been expounded on thoroughly. Not that you were sheeping him because sheep.

What do you think of my dLGN case?

12. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Yeah, so I'm looking for stuff like "Their town game looks like X but their scum game looks like Y, and this looks more like X". Let's see the whole process, not just when it's convenient for you.

---------- Post automerged at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------
    Quiddity: Could you talk to me about dLGN's EoD 1? His frustration with the Jar wagon and his attempts to push in another direction are a big part of why I'm not feeling confident in my initial scum read of him.

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

This is scum. Lynch Tom and Eco hard.

Frustration is fakable. The way the Jarizok lynch went down dlGN could be Town genuinely frustrated or scum frustrated that the lynch on Tom or Fonti didn't happen. I townread DLGN for different reasons but this post of Eco's feels fake.

---------- Post automerged at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Q did you draw scum twice in a row?

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Why would scum be frustrated that font or tom didn't get lynched?

15. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    u wot m8. I already made this point, so why's it only of interest now? Why would I be trying to introduce doubt into a dLGN wagon when I had a scum read on him I could utilise?

Opportunism much?

---------- Post automerged at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

EDIT: Yeah, why exactly would scum be frustrated at Tom, your current top scum read, not getting lynched??

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

My theory is that scum noticed the vig crumb and wanted to eliminate her or she is an SK. Or scum!Fonti (and teammates) were frustrated Tom could t be bussed for cred. Lots of reasons.

I am more suspicious of people who weren't frustrated about the lynch because regardless of alignment there should have been frustration and those without it are probably scum for trying to not be "too frustrated" or "too emotional".

17. Quiddity

High Score:
    I think that's something that's not very difficult to fake, and like I said above, I think the benefits to doing so are high.

Like, it does give me pause, but it just reminds me of my reaction to Jarizok/fonti's claim last game. It is towny, but easy to fake and easily worth it if you can pull it off.

Look at where that put him. If tom is scum, then he argued strongly against the villager lynch when it was v/w, but had an excuse never to end up on his buddy. If tom is town, then he stayed out of both lynches.

18. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I have been unable to keep up with the thread and post responses as they come up. The only reason I can now is because I am waiting at the car window repair shop.

You aren't trying to introduce doubt. You are giving a bullshit reason to pretend to have reads. Even if you are genuine in that town doesn't introduce doubt they just say what they think.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

If they noticed the crumb, then why didn't they shoot her?

Why wouldn't they just bus tom later, after getting a free mislynch? It's very likely that the entire scumteam was on him.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Typhon town .. spicy .. in a way.
    If you think fonti is propable!town and have a townread on Typhon, give me your opinion on d1.

What did scum do while those two were fighting?
    And who are the likely scum in that world?

I can see Typhon as possible town, but if you have that oppion right now, then I would assume you have some thoughts about what happened yesterday.