1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Nevertheless, it's why I voted her.

It took me that long to think of it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Dude I haven't gotten into a wall battle with someone in fucking ages. I feel invigorated.

---------- Post automerged at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

You're mischaracterizing my vote even more than I remembered - what happened during the time between Vaimes' vote and mine is he acted like it wasn't RVS.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Her response was ok enough to give her some breathing room while have 1,5 eyes on her.
    + releasing some pressure there means I might get more real/unforced interactions in case I double down on that read later.

The point is that the play you are talking about only makes sense if you (rubicon) are scum with me (Jan), which is not something you would want to represent.
    I don't even know how you could interpret my post in any other way while keeping a straight face.

Early vote on owner, which was somewhat fishy regardless of her alignment.

Bad push on me with awkward reasoning, while not actually trying to find out my alignment, when you had all the chances to question me at the time.

You did thinks that were actually scummy and not just things that I am not used from you (which is the difference between you and owner).

3. Rubicon

Oh right, I misinterpreted the distance part.

I thought you were referring to how your Vaimes post makes sense as distancing between the two of you, which is of course true.

IMO wanting to be seen pushing back against me is more about imitating your meta around people who know you.

Or perhaps you were just trying to scare me. Unfortunately for you I ain't scared of nuffin and nobody.

---------- Post automerged at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Consider me unconvinced.

That's what I'm doing now, Jan.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote: Rubicon

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

It is a nice fun for two activity. Can be a bit annoying for people catching up, but why would we care?

Hmm yeah now that I looked through it he made a really compeling case there.
    I can just feel how he believed in it.

Let me pull up his posts :

well this is owners post, but he quotes it in his first, which is important :

Unvote

Everbody step back. Rubicon is lock clear.
    His reaction to vaimes well build (and real) case is too genuine to ever be made up.

It was an honest mistake. I will hereby apologize to Rubicon for wasting his time, when his motives were obvious and for everyone (but me) to see.

Vote Rubicon

Might be gone for a little while.

6. Rubicon

Step 1) Handwave my points against you with some vaguely plausible sounding nonsense

Step 2) Stir up various irrelevant drama and snark about people catching up and me being "lock cleared" to distract from said points

Step 3) Win?

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well one of you is definitely town.

8. Rubicon

That is true.

What do you think? You know Jan better than me. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I doubt Jan has done anything alignment indicative yet.
    Best I can do is not w/w with you or owner.

10. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ehh. This is your annual Zenzao check-in report, time until update #3: t-minus six hours and counting. Expect delay in the form of sleep deprivation and alarm clocks.

Lynch Vote Rubicon.

11. Rubicon

Does he react like this when voted as town?

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think Jan is town.

13. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I like Jan's attitude.

Didn't we agree Day 1 was going to be less intense this time round? No? Well okay then.

---------- Post automerged at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

This is my life.

But Von, you don't get to say that with the number of X is town you chuck out on Day 1's.

---------- Post automerged at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Please don't. Think of the children.

---------- Post automerged at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Vote Owner

Does owner normally enjoy being scum? I'm getting a weirdly specific vibe from her.

---------- Post automerged at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

I like Jan more now that I'm actually caught up.

---------- Post automerged at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

Isn't it obvious?

Gah. No one is ever on late in my nights. I suppose it's the universe telling me to sleep.

Anyway, the owner vibe I'm getting is of myself during the fonti/Jarizok claiming shenanigans of WH7. I was scum, and I saw a way to behave very towny by just being genuine/town-sided/pushing a very specific attitude in-thread. It's part of the reason I thought my dLGN push would get more traction last game (rather than just arousing suspicion) - that is something I keep more of an eye out for, because I think I'm quite good at it. Those are perhaps the moments I find the most fun/exhilarating in mafia. Normally you need a deadline, or something in the thread that's time pressured, and you need to jump on that id to tap it.

Anyway, owner's fluff today, the long exchange with Jan, gives me that vibe. Someone who is scum and jubilant about it, seeing an opportunity for points/melding Jan by going hard into fluff/fun conversation.

Maybe I'm just overreading friends having a yarn. But that's the vibe I'm getting from owner.

14. Rubicon

That does sound appealing.

---------- Post automerged at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Unvote

Will reconsider in the morning.

15. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Ugh, sorry I'm not being super active atm, I'm away somewhere and my available time period seems to be p different from everyone else's +I'm in a morning-to-night orientation thingy for a while. I'll see how things go tomorrow night (my time), and if I'm not able to contribute more, I'll probably seek a replacement. I feel really bad about signing up during a time I knew I probably shouldn't but I really wanted to play, so I'm sorry guys. Feel free to ask me qs if you think that would help you read me, since I know I haven't been posting.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Let's be friends tom.
    Quiddity I do not recall you playing in WH7. Esp. not as scum. Scumteam in that game was fonti/Typhon, Slip, and Newcomb. And Jarizok wasn't in it. Are you referring to TH7?

Also I disagree with the owner read. Like, I can see /why/ you would scumread her, but her town play is /pretty/ similar to what I've been seeing so far. As in, I remember her distinctly saying in angel chat for, ironically, WH7 that she tends to scumside as town or something like that.

---------- Post automerged at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Oh and Rubicon, I always ask for links.

I can't believe I'm saying this every time I post something like that to a person I haven't played with before.

17. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

If there's going to be poker I want in!!

Meh, just got home from work and going to bed in a bit...

Vote: Vaimes

That said, Vaimes you disappoint me, we agreed to never acknowledge wh6. Or are you trying to give me flashbacks. Won't be too active until Wednesday or so when I get to my days off. Need to recover from what been a stressful week.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Don't worry too much.

Try to make it, but don't force it if it gets too much.

Dont take the first 12 hours as an representative example for total game activity.

Have fun, try to give reads. Have your ead the game so far?

Do you have an opinion on anyone so far?
    Just try to give reads/opinions on the part that you managed to read. If you don't have the time to read every post that is fine.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I keep getting WH4 and 6 mixed up, oops.

I feel like Rubicon got a lot of votes on this page alone. Standby for votal with a healthy portion of waffles.

---------- Post automerged at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Oh, Jan just voted twice. Never mind.

---

Rubicon (4): Vaimes, fontisian, Jan, Zenzao
    Jan (2): owner, tom
    his fluffiness (1): Miner
    owner (1): Quiddity
    Vaimes (1): The Waco Kid

Abstaining (4): Cobalt, his fluffiness, Lyric, Rubicon

---

Where did owner ever say that she preferred playing scum?

I actually like her energy here. She feels pretty relaxed, but not like...twirling-your-mustache!scum gleeful.

---

Hi you.

What makes you say that?

---

I thought about asking font to explain her vote beyond Jan being a townread, but then I remembered that asking font to do anything is always a chore.

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

fontisian, can you explain your vote beyond Jan being a townread?