1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote Q
    I understand missing it the first time (I did), but if you actually wanted more than a gotcha, you would have looked at other posts mentioning that same list.

I don't buy it.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

vote: Lyric

---------- Post automerged at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Actually nah.

vote: Vaimes

3. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Hi guys, thought I wouldn’t be able to post for 24+ hours, but I kinda skipped an entire day of orientation bc of reasons.

So thoughts as I read through the thread (in real time, unless I edited something after reading through):

Sorry, this is probably going to be confusing and disorganized.

-Pages and pages of fluff

-Did not like the joking scumclaims, though I realize they probably don’t mean anything

-Owner and Jan: Jan pokes Owner, doesn’t vote him though. Doesn’t necessarily feel like w/w, and don’t think witch would want to draw attention to their pairing straight from the beginning? But drops off from talking and analysis to straight fluff
    +the “let’s both leave” by Jan didn’t come off very authentic
    Then he keeps fluffing even after acknowledging that the fluff can be hard to go through :(

Owner’s #102 of not wanting to self-meta came off as towny to me

tom’s #110 “so who hasn’t posted yet? thread seems towny” pinged me as scummy, because that comes off as such a pointless post, and the “who hasn’t posted yet” comes off as inauthentic because that’s pretty easy to check.

I didn’t like owner’s #129 “I should probably just leave and come back when my mind is back to game mode. But what do you think?”
    for similar reasons, because what purpose did that serve? It read very audience-conscious.

Vaimes’ #142
    LOL

But if people are actually trying to fluff to make people not want to read/think carefully, it’s honestly working. :/

Rubicon’s #147 agreed his thoughts about Miner, because my gut disliked that post, even though I realize it’s very common practice. But also, my gut disliked a lot of Miner’s posts in general.

Tom’s vote on Jan for the meta reliance (#148)
    :/ Idk, it’s so early on in the game, and if you don’t like Jan’s meta analysis, then maybe you should post more actual game content, tom.

Rubicon’s #155
    Jan dropped it instead of digging deeper

I actually also agreed.

Jan’s #158
    response to Rubicon

I guess…that makes sense.

I actually don’t feel like Jan or Rubicon really went after each other that hard, so the subsequent posts kind of confused me.

After fonti and zenzao also voted Rubicon, I was confused because I really did not see what was so scummy about Rubicon.

I had very similar thoughts to Rubicon while reading the thread, and since I’m town….well…… :/

However, my gut also says Jan’s not scum, and because owner and tom (two users I’m confused about) voted Jan, it made him also seem townier.

After hearing what other people had to say about Jan/Rubi and bussing in a mountainous game, I am now more convinced Jan/Rubicon are unaligned.
    Also, I don’t think I’ve ever read a game where Jan did unreasonable and unnecessary bussing.

Zenzao and his random unexplained votes: ….

Cobalt’s #301 read tonally towny to me

Rubicon: Vote Lyric

Saw this after I already defended you in my post, but like, why? Putting pressure on people is great and all, but I’m busy IRL which I mentioned in thread. Like, if you want to scum hunt then ask me qs/whatever else (and wait for my responses!). If the vote was meant to pressure me into posting, I find that p rude because whenever I can play properly, I will.

+Now I’m kinda annoyed because it looks like I came to post after your vote, when I was already writing and catching up from this morning (or my morning).

Some people I read in ISO because they pinged me one way or another while I read thread (I don’t remember exact reasons sorry)

Miner: Doesn’t seem like he says much, almost looks like he’s posting to just post. Except he’s not fluffing, so it looks even more artificial.
    Owner: Honestly, if her goal was to make me not read her in ISO, it’s working.

I still find the “talk to me post game” thing towny, feels like something I would think and say if someone asked me to do the same.

tom: So confusing. Flippant and relaxed, which could mean town. I feel like I got mixed signals from him all through. The “so who hasn’t posted yet?” really rubbed me the wrong way though, as I mentioned.

Vaimes: Gut townread, mostly for his logic in thinking Rubicon might be town because of the wagon on him
    Liked his exchange with owner
    Liked his responses to who he thinks is scummy/his response to Jan
    Liked him because I remember Von! :D

Basically seems like he’s not trying too hard/just being honest

Anyways,

Vote: Miner

I thought two posts in particular were kinda towny from Miner, but then he always does something to change my mind. For example, he said Vaimes seems typical town!Vaimes, but then he added that thing about being fooled by fluffiness.
    Then I found his post about owner being town towny, but then he changed his mind really quickly after font said something.

He seems wishy-washy and I feel like he’s poking at or reading people towny because that’s what you’re supposed to look like you’re doing as town, but he doesn’t want to take a stance because he wants to keep town lynchable (someone also said something about keeping options open, but don’t remember who, sorry).

Also, the main thing that seemed off to me was his talk about things not exactly relevant to game, such as well, other games.
    Like, I found the WH7 angel chat exchange thingy to be scummy (on Miner’s end because of how pointless it looked..Unless it was part of some important conversation and I missed it.) Then, he just mentions he’s lost and not much else. Idk.

---------- Post automerged at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Yikes, sorry, probs definitely should have edited that better or something

---------- Post automerged at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Also, if some people are up, might be a good time to interact with me in real time because not sure there will be another chance anytime soon tbh. :/

4. Rubicon

That was a solid catch-up post.
    Let's not lynch Lyric today.

Sorry - didn't realize your situation.

Any thoughts on Quiddity and HF?

5. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I don't think I have any on HF!

I think Quiddity is towny, he's both pushing people and giving reasons for his pushes that I can follow + he seems like he's trying to narrow down the lynch pool (#173, #220, #229).

Why did you randomly vote Vaimes?

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh yeah, I'm a part of this game huh? Guess I should actually do something then.

What's wrong with RVSing?

Also, I am immensely entertained by Tom's reaction a few pages back.

7. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What does this mean?

8. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Tbh I thought you were seriously voting and would come back to explain.

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    That early in the game? Nah, that isn't my style. I like to wait a bit to be sure everyone is caught up and out of the random voting period before I lay down a serious vote.

10. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Vote Rubicon

11. Rubicon

Zenzao would be a good compromise lynch if we can't agree on someone by end of day.

Not random, I think he's scummy. #179 in particular is an oddly empty post - town-Vaimes usually has more content by now, mixed in with all the fluff and banter.

It's fine that he doesn't have scumreads yet, but he also doesn't seem to be trying to form any.

His Miner vote is probably sheeping me, which I appreciate, but that's something he could do as either alignment.

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I'd say she is more of a Mathblade from the HP Mafia, but still distinct enough in her own not to kamikaze along the way.

Oh really now? Interesting.

13. Rubicon

Really really.

*waves*

14. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    ....Why would Zenzao be a good compromise lynch?

We have so much time left in the day, and Zenzao hasn't really posted enough content for people to read him. Like, what would that even reveal?

:/ Unless that was a joke, that sounded sooo scummy to me.

15. Rubicon

Also on the subject of Vaimes - I disagree completely with everyone who said this feels like normal town-Vaimes. A few light-hearted jokes and town-reads do not equal town.

---------- Post automerged at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I'm sure Zenzao intends to post some real content by end of day. It would be strange not to.

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Alright then, fair enough. I've coasted the first ~24 hours out of a 72 hour period, so I can't exactly fault you.

We should more or less be out of RVS by this point and I need to reread seriously before I drop a meaningful vote.

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    Well that makes me feel... special?

---------- Post automerged at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Fonti I like this narration style of showing your work.

---------- Post automerged at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Who is coaching whom?

---------- Post automerged at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

They definitely have some sort of rapport. And already did in that (witchhunt?) they were both in.

But I don't think owner is similar to either of those players. Not that I have a roadmap to reading her, but I think she's more similar to me than either of them in that we both play as a form of performance art.
    You could say that about Jan as well, but his is more... strategic. Owner and I have plans too but we mostly just do what we want.

---------- Post automerged at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

I don't like this. It's very... scoldy.
    Quid, why are you scolding Owner?

---------- Post automerged at 22:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

The snark is strong.
    Hey Miner, when you were scum having way too strong reads, did you remember to fake snark?

---------- Post automerged at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

Fluffy mindmeld.
    This has never happened to me before.

---------- Post automerged at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

I don't have a read on this post but it makes me uncomfortable.

18. Rubicon

posting to interrupt the automerges

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    1 - I did eventually check, if you were wondering. And voted Cobalt iirc
    2 - Yes, audience conscious. That's a better term for owner (and me) than performance art. Yeah that's normal.
    3 - That's not why I voted Jan
    4 - I think the townie posts from miner are more important than the scummy ones. He'll give you false pings sometimes.

Also you're my top townread now.

---------- Post automerged at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

booooo10oo

---------- Post automerged at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

What the fuck is zenzao doing?

---------- Post automerged at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Gross. I'm the only compromise lynch in these parts.

Oh and maybe you.

---------- Post automerged at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Vote Quid

[​IMG]

20. Rubicon

And maybe me, yes.