1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

It's 5:26.

I like tom, which is somewhat suspicious after last game, but I'm willing to take him as town till I need to re-evaluate.
    I'm not lynching lyric.
    Fonti and Vaimes both seem their normal selves to me.

I very much don't like Quid.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh wait I'm leaving.

Come at me at some point in the future.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sooner or later you're going to have to accept the shock and give me a serious look, tom. By now Jan, Fonti, Rubicon, and Vaimes(IIRC) are content on placing me within their scum range. If you'd like to join them, take a moment, breath, and take the plunge.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Uhm, I think the main problem with not holding fluff to a higher standard is that the next time we see scum!fluff we won't be able to recognize it again.

---------- Post automerged at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

The fact that he deliberately plays as per normal is bad if he's town and needs to be lynched out of him. If he's scum then, well, you know what they say about fooling me once and whatnot...

5. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    About to start analysis from the opening post and looking at the playerlist I am reminded that Waco is in fact part of this game and coasting by so hard(I am not digging him for anything related to his work and delays therein) that I hope he turns up before DayEnd and says something new. That I cannot recall anyone else referencing his existence since his introductory post is worth a couple of grains of salt. He proved to be quite the strong player in our last game together.

Cobalt still MIA, which, having read his posts, I now see is addressed and something I should have had in mind when I posted my suspects list via 3ds yesterday. He gets a pass and relegated to 'look at later'. HF on the other hand has no excuse though, to avoid being a hypocrite with regards to meta habits, this does match up to HP Mafia. Still don't like it.

With those thoughts addressed, let's get this shindig going.

'the' Wall leading into re-read.
    Fontisian|Jan
    Vaimes
    Tom|His Fluffiness|Miner
    Owner|Quiddity
    The Waco Kid
    Cobalt
    Rubicon
    Lyric

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I am the witch.

---------- Post automerged at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Zen, your reads on top are also green.

---------- Post automerged at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Wait, fuck, are you color blind?

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I like to think of it as more olive-y and then bronze in lieu of orange, seeing as how few shades of yellow there are to work with and I already spent my prime-yellow hazard allocation on the Tom line and the soft-yellow hazard allocation on the owner line. Everything above that is worth harder scrutiny but not yet scum-range oranges, let alone red.

And for the record, I am not color blind.

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Phone posting.
    #375 is probably a town post.

9. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Miner Why do you think I'm town? Zenzao Why do you think Rubicon's town?

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

hi yes hello my presentation is over and I no longer feel like my lungs are inside-out

will post eventually, I feel like I need fresh air or something

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Working on that now, Lyric. Initially I considered him possible scum(for a, RVSing me when I know I'm innocent ;p and b, pushing on Jan for what was mostly just fluff as far as I was paying attention to that point) and only gradually lowered him to town status somewhere around the time of your major post.

12. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Hi! Could you elaborate on all of this??

---------- Post automerged at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Am on phone rn/orientation, will try to post more hopefully soonish, but just fyi can't really do much (probably) but will try before EoD.

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote Count 1.0

[3] Rubicon - fontisian, Jan, Quiddity
    [3] miner - Vaimes, owner, Lyric

[2] Vaimes - Cobalt, Rubicon
    [2] Quiddity - his fluffiness, tom
    [1] his fluffiness - Miner
    [1] Vaimes - The Waco Kid
    [1] fontisian - Zenzao

Abstain (0)

With 13 alive, it is 7 to soft lynch, and 10 to hard lynch.

I counted Lyric's vote but please remember to bold your votes next time.

Also let me know if there are any errors.

14. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Rubicon RVS's me. This is the brunt of my counter-vote later, along with his vote of Jan for what I've already covered in response to Lyric recently.

Oh the irony of you and owner fluffing the night away then.

Quid's #27. Strikes me as off.

That owner-Jan #29-30. Next ding.

owner's attempt to redirect pressure onto Quid in her #32 is interesting considering she backs off as soon as possible in her #42.

Rubicon also seeing this and voting her in his #43 is good.

owner's #45 on the other hand is not. She votes Jan(more a whatever to me right now, what matters is...) her line about scum. Doesn't matter that it is harder to catch the last scum if you lynch their partner D1. The goal is to do so. She more-or-less blows off Rubicon's vote on her whereas she was quite eager to vote Jan who had not voted her.

Jan's #46 nets him a bit of town credit. That is indeed how owner played in HP Mafia. On the other hand his not laying down a vote in RVS or seriously if he suspects her is the next ding.

Don't like Vaimes' #51 re:Jan commentating on owner's habits/hype.

Jan's #61 is actually decent.

Vaimes' abrupt vote on Rubicon in #81 reeks.

Rubicon's #94 nets him some town credit for not giving Vaimes a free-pass on his meta.

Jan's #98 is good. Now that I'm really paying attention instead of just glazing over at the sight of his name he is making improvements and coming off stronger.

owner's #102 feels like bullshit re:self-meta. We can always read a past game and compare, or compare to how you continue to play during the present game, don't try to slip out of that with the excuse of WIFOM. I will happily drink the wine.

Jan continues to improve via #115. All his back-and-forth with owner and tom between here and #145ish is what my initial read of the thread indicated he was doing up to this point, which is why I included him in my 3ds suspects post for being too carefree.

A bit less certain on Rubicon's #147. Yes the filler between Jan and owner was odd, but not necessarily worth voting him over when owner was the more likely candidate to this point. Tom's follow-up sheep in #148 reeks(using meta to justify one's reads is not typically a problem).

Jan's #153 is mostly good on countering Rubicon's reasoning for voting of him. The counter-vote on Rubicon on the other hand... hm.

Rubicon's #155 isn't bad(aside from the half-assed 'gross' instead of an actual response there).

Don't like Jan's #156 in this follow-up. Don't like Rubicon's #157.

Jan's #158 is stronger. Good.

Ehh on Rubicon's #159. If his #161 is true then I call bullshit.

Mostly agree with Jan's #162.

Fonti's #164 following this exchange is good.

Quid's #173 is decent enough but does not override my initial suspicions of a he/owner team with a dab of Rubicon on the rim.

Don't like Miner's #176 after the above thoughts.

Finally paying attention to Waco's #177, disregard my earlier concerns about him and no one commentating on him, he gets a pass with Cobalt. I'd like to know his reasoning for voting Vaimes at this stage when he has the time, however.

HF's #180... neutral, at best.

On the fence about Vaimes' #186 too. It isn't the worst post but it isn't making me greatly thrilled either.

My Fonti vote in #188 I partially covered in my 3ds post. I felt Rubicon was townish, Jan(and thereby Fonti's endorsement of him) was not. Now that I'm paying due attention and comparing posts I think the reversal is true - Rubicon is more likely to be scum, Jan is town, Fonti is somewhere in between with a more likely town-lean.

Not happy with owner's #189 either.

Going to take a breather and get this post through in case of power outage(it actually has been raining in my locality all day, Miner!).

Wall part 2: electric boogaloo
    Owner|Quiddity|Rubicon
    Vaimes|Miner|Tom
    His Fluffiness
    Cobalt|The Waco Kid
    Fontisian
    Jan
    Lyric

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Of course.

Q seems off in that he's going for the low effort gotcha questions instead of actually reading the thread and making solid cases.

I think Vaimes is acting more like his town self than his scum self. Same with fonti.

Tom's making sense and has reads that I agree with (with is so different from last game that it's kind of scary), so I'm marking him town for now.

I think your effort comes from town.

16. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    It varies.

Has this kind of vibe reading worked for you in the past? When I try to read people based off a read I have for someone else, it backfires a lot of the time. But what has been your experience of it.

When you say melding with Jan, could you quote certain instances?

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

So I'm playing like town!me ... which means I need to be lynched?

18. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    could you say this in your QT vs. doing so in the thread? It's like if you say it in the thread, but then you don't actually replace out it's kind of bad, as we have maybe already associated you with leaving the game or preparing for someone else to come in to read instead.

I guess like I'm in the boat if you are going to advertise it I expect it to happen. But maybe other things are going on; I don't know.

---------- Post automerged at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Is Lyric a new player?

---------- Post automerged at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------
    Vaimes

What do you think of fonti so far?

---------- Post automerged at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Hey Rubicon could you answer your own question? k thanks xD

19. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    owner Sorry! I was supposed to be in orientation all day yesterday but ended up not going+I keep making time I don't really have which is why I'm staying. I'll try to keep it in QT next time, didn't know it was considered a disturbance.

---------- Post automerged at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

And I played Witch Hunt 6 on dlp.

20. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    What's the difference between superficially scummy and just scummy? Like when you say superficially scummy, I assume you are then also reading them as town? Or do you mean something else?