1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Nah, I think a level deeper, where I actually like it.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I like this post.
    Well, this part. Jan part is silly.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    /Vietnam flashbacks... only with Mathblade.

After the colossal failings in HP Mafia and the MTGSalvation game, on edge. But this game being strictly vanilla means that I don't have the pressure on that I mentioned a while back about power roles and EndGame. And especially after the replace-in game at MTGS, it feels comfortable to be arguing with players I know, with meta I have a decent guess at for the most part.

[https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=972224&postcount=27]Quids 27[/url],
    Owner 29 and Jan 30,
    Owner 32 and Owner 42 and Rubicon 43,
    Owner 45 and Jan 46,
    Vaimes 51 and Jan's 69, not 61,
    Vaimes 83, not 81,
    Rubicon's 94,
    Jan's 98,
    Owner's 102,
    Jan's 115,
    Rubicon's 147 and Tom's 148,
    Jan's 153,
    Rubicon's 155 and Jan's 156 and Rubicon's 157 and Jan's 158,
    Rubicon's 159 and Rubicon's 161,
    Jan's 162,
    Fonti's 164,
    Quid's 173,
    Miner's 176,
    Waco's 177,
    HF's 180,
    Vaimes' 186,
    My 188,
    Owner's 189.

That's all the posts(and corrected numbers) for my 394 rundown.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    You don't seem to have a read on Owner either. And you're still trying to make her townread you.

Then here I come. Talk about multiple posts and vote you TWICE.
    And crickets.

So again. Come at me bro.
    Do you even leviosa?

5. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Because I figured it would be rude to spam again after Palindrome went through the effort of refining the game forum, and I am doing my utmost not to earn another Rule 7.

Please do. I'll be looking forward to duking it out with you at some point tomorrow.

Also, honorary thumbs up for your 484.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    This is like, really reminding me of me trolling the people who suspect me when I'm scum.

---------- Post automerged at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Lol you mindmelded with Jan about strip poker?!

Vote Quid a third time

---------- Post automerged at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Do you?
    Is that odd?

Ok I don't actually know what you mean by this BUT ITS NOT LIKE YOU RESPOND TO ME ANYWAY SO THIS IS PROBABLY SCUMMY

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Mate, I get sassy when incensed. I've tempered it down from the days of yore(CYS, Narutomafia) but it still flares up. I am also being completely honest with the post you quoted me there - bring the challenge to me and I'll prove myself.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh hey good question.

---------- Post automerged at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Oh hey I'm to when I got here.
    And I still don't have an answer to my own question.

What The Fuck Is Zenzao Doing?

---------- Post automerged at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

She's really not. I mean, I only played the once with Mathblade. But Math's stuff made my head hurt. Owner makes sense you just have to work to get to it.

Suffice to say I am not satisfied with whatever you think is an explanation

---------- Post automerged at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Oh my god, that answer satisfied you?

No wonder Quid is not trying to read you.

Guys its Quid/Owner

#solvedit

---------- Post automerged at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Oh is there nothing about you in that big post I haven't read yet?
    Had you read it/followed the links?

I see you Zenzao. Post of links. I'm getting there.

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    [​IMG]

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Not gonna lie. I expected someone else to have said "WTFIZD?" by now.
    I mean, now you're doing stuff. Even if I left it for the end because of our formatting-based playstyle clash. But I seent it.
    But man. Really though someone would take up the chant.
    IDK what it means.

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Does it count if I take up the chant? WTFIZD is something I ask myself at least once a game, typically around the time of some sort of gambit or, more likely, idiotic mistake.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Lol. He mentions you four times in the post. I can find that and I havent even read it yet
    And he put you on his scummiest tier in rainbow wall.
    And when he voted you you said "So you are getting on the serious side, but you are not providing reasons as to why the vote? That makes perfect sense."

Vote Owner

My only regret is that I can't lynch two people at once.

---------- Post automerged at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Well Zen, I'm gonna poop and smoke and maybe get the mail before going over your post now because I am the worst. But decent chance owner has spewed you town so you got that going for you.

13. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    in most cases town can't spew town as town because they don't actually know such things, unless they are the cop or got were a doctor and got a save

14. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Why?

I didn't think you scumread Jan.

15. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    wow Tom wow

---------- Post automerged at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

do you remember the last time you tried reading me tom?

---------- Post automerged at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

*feels sleepy*

I'll need to do some cleaning tomorrow along with going to the funeral. *will try to get my reads off before the lynch*

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I went for donuts too. My life is dope.

---------- Post automerged at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

I don't. You can have silly reads regardless of their correctness.

---------- Post automerged at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

Nice discrediting.
    But also I think I was right last time but me and eco were SK and decided to tunnel all the townies instead

---------- Post automerged at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

No tom. You have to follow links and shit.

---------- Post automerged at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

Ok this aligns nicely with my reads. Let's look:
    I mean, this is pretty early. But since the pattern continued...
    Yeah these two are not trying to read each other.

---------- Post automerged at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

Eh. I don't think that line at the end means much, but the blowing off votes on her is a thing. She did to me "remember last time you tried to read me". She did it to jan "since when can you read me?"
    IDK it's super blatant discrediting.

---------- Post automerged at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

Actually 83:
    Yeah this feels a bit out of place.
    Vaimes what do?

---------- Post automerged at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

Ok I looked ahead a page and I don't think Owner responded to this.

---------- Post automerged 02-23-2017 at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was 02-22-2017 at 23:57 ----------

I don't think I'm ever gonna have a problem with "these two are acting weird to eachother better vote one." And he DID have another reason for choosing Jan of the two. Not really following your problem with this one.
    As for my followup:
    Yes, I voted Jan because Ruby did. But the line after isn't supposed to be the reasoning for the vote but rather a question for Ruby.

---------- Post automerged at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

Well then. Do tell.
    If you didn't already...
    I kind of feel like you did actually.

---------- Post automerged at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Eh this whole section of Ruby/Jan posts on page 3 that Zenzao had various opinions on are just kind of there.

---------- Post automerged at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:13 ----------

Page 3 and page 4, that is (50 ppp)

---------- Post automerged at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Lol it's a naked vote. Nice.

---------- Post automerged at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

I mean, this post is fine. I like it more than any of the Quid posts I've responded to at least.

But there's a part in there where he compares Owner/Jan to Himself/DLGN in that game that didn't happen but they were w/w and he seems to be townreading Jan.

---------- Post automerged at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

This post is getting super large.

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

C-c-c-combo breaker.

Moderator Note:

Day ends in, like, 18.5 hours or something. Timer is in first post. I'll try to have 1-2 more vote counts for you before day ends via a lackey, but I'm hyper busy, hence why I hosted this game over a more complex one to start with!

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ok cool. So jan and fonti way up (errr, down). Basically swapping with owner/quid. That tracks with the catchup itself.
    Me/vaimes/fluff/miner are switched around a little but basically same. I'm not even that offended to be below Waco/Cobalt.
    Rubicon moving down makes sense. And everyone should be townreading Lyric at this point.

I am pleased with your progression.
    Nice.

---------- Post automerged at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

Oh shit Eido with the surprise break up.
    Didn't know this was a bastard game.

---------- Post automerged at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

lyric
    jan-zenzao
    fonti-miner
    ~others
    owner-quid

Pretty happy with some chunks of Zenzao mindmeld there. Apparently we were figuring out the same thing while not paying attention to each other.

---------- Post automerged at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

Ok so let's lynch quid/owner
    Then the other
    Then pop bottles

*mic drop*

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Very much took longer than I thought. Took longer than expected to go through the thread while watching netflix.

Anyway, here's my gut reads when I started

Thoughts:
    #20 Fonti: feels softer than usual Fonti

#69 Jan Like the feeling I'm getting from the posts but disagree

#71 His Fluff: this pop-up just reminds me how underwhelming he's been here

#108 Vaimes: Agree about Rubicon

Jan improves in exchange with owner

147/148 Disagree with the Rubicon/tom b2b votes

#161 Second time Rubicon's talked about being excited/invigorated, play hasn't matched that

#170 Zen really tame early, lacking early pushes, new

#173: Quiddity feels like he's trying to drag owner back into the spotlight

#187 If Rubicon flips scum, really don't like this from owner

#197 owner: not bad

Rubicon jumping on Q in #198?

#200 notable only because Miner's been quieter than usual early

#202 tom bandwagonning again, this time to Q, than to Cobalt in #204

#230 Fonti: On the nose

#256: Miner: this and his posts leading to it have a flat feeling to them. FoS applied

#285 Fonti: Agreed

#304 Q seems lacking, no point in jumping to HF there

#322, Rubicon jumping to Vaimes feels opportunistic

#323 Lyric: Town points for process

#330 Q vote hoppinh at this point

#331 Rubicon talking compromise lynch? On Zenzao, this early in D1? Bad post

#395 HisFluff: Agree with points on Q, Vaimes, Fonti

So here's where I stand:

T:
    LT: Fontisian, Lyric, Jan,
    Null: Zenzao, Tom, Vaimes, His Fluffiness
    LS: Cobalt, Miner, Owner, Quiddity,
    S: Rubicon

Thoughts:
    Weird for me to be thinking town on Fonti this early out of paranoia, but just agree on too many things atm.

Zenzao and Vaimes being unclear to me this deep in D1 is strange in itself

Owner would be similarly to Miner's FoS range if not for Rubicon connections.

I'm just not seeing the scum hunting that I know comes from Town!Rubicon. This feel more like Endgames from him than FillerQ.

Unvote
    Vote: Rubicon

---------- Post automerged at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

Heading to bed, will be around a good amount tomorrow

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Everything that Lyric did right, you did wrong.

Quiddity/Waco?

---------- Post automerged at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

I want Quiddity lynched today.<br><br>vote: Quiddity<br>

---------- Post automerged at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

not sure what happened there.<br><br><font color="Lime"><b>Vote: Quiddity</b></font><br>

---------- Post automerged at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

are you kidding me<br>

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

vote: Quiddity

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

yes that

---------- Post automerged at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

why does this stuff never happen to anyone else

---------- Post automerged at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

The one part of that Waco post I might be ok with is the empty T list. Seems like something that might come from actually not townreading anyone.