1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    [I don't get it. Why do you think id come at you?
    ]

No, owner and Jan melded.

Do you not see a distinction between derivative and independent reads.

And again. Why do you expect me to rwspibd to you? I respond if there's a question ir something that sticks out, not every ha'penny vote

---------- Post automerged at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

When I say Lyric is town I say that because she played in a way that I would play as town and never consider as scum.

And since I have no meta I'm just going to have to read people based on how I myself would play.

It might be an incorrect way of reading her. *Shrug*

Oh and

Lynch: Q

Da fuck is #501?

Especially the last merge.

---------- Post automerged at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

I'm assuming that he's choosing to play the way he is and isn't being forced by some higher power to play as he normally would.

I'm pretty sure that's the definition of deliberate.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Q is likely town.

He rolled scum back to back and his game was still fairly similar and he got townread in both games.

This time he is way less on point and more all over the place.
    Reads and reactions don't feel as "perfect" and complete as they did in those game, way more scrappy (?).
    There are so many more openings to attack him from than in those game.

Not a toptown read, but very likely town.

And I doubt he would manage to change his playstyle this fast.

---------- Post automerged at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

I skimmed over the last page or two during the day but somehow do not remember that much.
    At least not details, and I don't feel that much like rereading just yet.

Lyric

Vaimes (seemed like town!vaimes early on, presentation break makes it a bit less sure, but should clear itself up soon, if i am right)

Fontisian (mostly gut)
    Quiddity

Tom (Unlikely to be with the people I am scumreading, which makes him a likely town, unless i am wrong on all of them)

His Fluffiness (not that much to go from. less active than in his scumgame, but that is not actually a reason for a townread)
    Miner (Unsure, a harder read then he should be, just because we never were on the same page in any game we played)

Owner
    Zenzao
    Rubicon

The bottom 3 are people I need to reread to actually be sure, but I don't have the distance at the moment and only gather more reasons for scumreading them if I do it right now.
    Will try to get to it before EoD.

Special cases :
    Cobalt (hasn't done anything, should hopefully be back later today)
    The Waco Kid (read his one catch up post, didn't dislike it, but it was not in depth enough to actually give a real read on him)

---------- Post automerged at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

Let's take the time to look at this again. Wacos catch-up post :

-> ?? commenting on a fluff entrance from fonti, weird.

-> Rubicon is within top3 posters and the way we talked was more likely someone who is down to talk, not someone who is trying to flee from the thread.
    I get this if you only look at the first 100 posts of the game, but afterwards it is not true.
    I don't think Ruby has gone as in depth as I would hope/expect, but the quantity is good enough to flat out disagree with your statement.
    -> explain.

-> you only mentioned her 2 statements regarding rubicon as things you agree with.
    You have Zenzao as null and she called him out 2 (?) times as well.

Can you give more examples than the two you gave in your catch-up post?

-> Don't know about Endgames, but I agree, his votes are just all over the place, with little focus. I don't remember him doing that in MM6 (if that is the one where fonti ruby and myself rolled scum), but I also don't remember that in any of his towngames.

At least no townread on Waco for this. Most placements in his list are just thread consensus and there are several questionmarks left in his analysis.
    Some answer and elaborations might help to change that one way or another.

---------- Post automerged at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Bad idea to work in the thread when no one is here to split up my posts.

3 people total will have read and commented on this post until EoD1.
    Unless someone quotes this exact part to react to, then it will go up to 5.

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Inquiry - why skip my #394 since you addressed HF's #395? That was kind of the most efforted post I put out there yesterday and to date in the game, and if you didn't get something more than null out of that, I'm going to be more than a little surprised. If you wanted the links(ala owner) to the post numbers I referenced, I will happily direct you to my #483 which provides said links(and corrected post numbers).

Mostly agree with you on Rubicon. He's acting off. I'd lynch in owner/Rubicon/Quid(moving Rubicon up a spot per Jan's 503).

And since Waco apparently missed it too... how does anyone who knows my meta take this post at face value?
    The above began with Lyric's #323 and my decision to test her, which should have rung a few bells. Her followup lead into my extended bullshit response.

I never RVS. Ever. And waiting around for everyone to catch up? That line appeared in IIRC the MTGSalvation game I replaced into. Regardless of alignment, I always have a reason in mind when I vote, no matter how flimsy it may be. I called attention to this around the time of the meta discussion.

That is the only lie I have told to this point. If anything should have pinged the radar it was my exchange with Lyric then yet... nothing.

---------- Post automerged at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

And then I see that Jan has multi-posted more since his wall which is where it was at when I began my post.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Before I forget :
    LT :
    List is ok, but fairly consensus. for the most part.

Null :
    Agrees with a lot of fonti stuff, doesn't care about the Zanzao read which is one of her two strongest reads.
    Doesn't even mention it (i think).

Tom and fluff can be null, sure. Vaimes is a special case, but I get why people are unsure at the moment. My read is not 100% yet and I normally read him faster than most.

LS :
    Cobalt? Guy has 4 posts, explained why he isn't around, you have him as light scum without saying a word?
    If you don't have a read he should be null, explain where the difference is between cobalt and fluff for you (or why cobalt is not null).
    The other LS are okay from what I got out of your post.

Please explain the cobalt stuff, and comment on the rest if you feel it helps me reading you.

---------- Post automerged at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

My meta-thing on you Zenzao is not all that stuff.

I think that someone told me that you like to do fun tunnels as town early on, and are hard to be convinced of something else.

You have not come across as someone who is dead set in any of his reads so far.
    I will need to reread 1-2 posts in an older game to see if my meta thoughts on you are correct or if I am confusing something.

---------- Post automerged at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Ok sorry .. got a bit off track with my meta memory on you. (Zenzao)

This was what Von said back in the day, which was a perfect fit for your play several times and made me clear your fairly easy on d1.
    This time around, not so much.
    (This metaread is ~20 months old. Use it with caution)

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I don't disagree that I tend to tunnel on my scumspects, but the above ties into that, and I would not call the process 'fun'. It isn't something that I decide I'm going to do on a lark to get a reaction - which I tend to reserve for my walls instead.

I'm going at an easier pace this game(sounding like a broken record here) because we're all vanilla. It's an easier game with fewer consequences to lynching wrong early on, there are no roles to rolehunt or try to read through crumbs for, there are no roles to worry over needing to last longer than others for EndGame. As I said to owner previously, up until around the time I started debating with Rubicon, I wasn't expecting to enjoy myself, and now that I'm regularly participating I am.

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    How does your read on Tom work when you aren't scum reading anyone? You say you need to reread to actually be sure. You then go onto say that you would actually only be gathering more reasons as to why you think they are scum.

Problem is only 2 people can be scum, and I thought the point rereading was to get a different perspective.

A reread to be sure says you are unsure about the reads that you are giving, but to then say you'd only be building your cases on them more is like "okay Jan is being stubborn and won't change his mind regardless of what the thread actually says"

Or is this incorrect Jan?

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

This is you trying to twist my words and it is boring.

I gave reasons why I have my 3 scum suspects. I know I am always wrong on at least one of them.

Different perspective is fine, but only work if you have the needed distance. If you have this feeling in your gut that something is wrong with someone else, then you are more likely to get to the same result as before.

Tom is unlikely to be with you or Ruby. Maaybe with Zenzao but I didn't get the feeling at one point earlier (was in my skiming phase, would need to reread to find it again).

So unless I am wrong on all of my three scum reads he is likely town just for that.

The point of a reread is to get a different perspective, or reaffirm your read, but if you don't feel like you have an open mind on the subject, then there is no point in doing it.

I have trouble thinking you are town for example, because you have tried several times to twist my words into things that I don't think you as town would think.
    It is more looking for weak spots and not reading with an open mind on your part. (add that to the early stuff)
    Unless you are doing that just to annoy me, in which case you succeeded.

---------- Post automerged at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

I get the easier pace and all, but that is like Newcomb saying "I am trying to level down my towngame, just so I have a chance as scum in the future" as scum.
    As long as I have no other reason to confirm you as town it just is inherently scummy and a welcome excuse.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I recommend we don't killarino qachino.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am fairly impressed by your ability to sheep me this game.

Or am I the sheep and you are just riding on my back going wherever I want?

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Then reread me and update your perspective instead of hemmimg and hawwing about it, Jan. See if what I've said and done makes sense.

Fonti, please contribute more than that given the progress of the last several pages.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

hi hello I am here for the mafias

I technically have more schoolwork but!! who cares!!!

---

I am back to townreading Zenzao. I'll stop using my aggression-based yardstick when it stops working.

Not a lot of people answered my question (only tom, Zenzao, and owner did), which is sad. I was obviously talking about Miner. And the answers I got weren't really helpful in seeing if his behavior was fishy or not.

I think he's deliberately trying to lay low, since being Too Town Too Soon could lead to some paranoia-induced "why is he still alive on D5??" reads. He has no content, made a sarcastic post with fake content, and then only talked about that for a while. He isn't someone I'm going to toneread, ever.

---
    tom

No, I shouldn't!

And I voted Rubicon 100% for the "what will happen" aesthetic.

---

I don't know why I can never get a read on Q. :/

I'm tempted to townread Jan for excessive condescension.

---------- Post automerged at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

I hope someone will keep me company during my boring 90 minute lecture.

---------- Post automerged at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

god owner has a ton of posts

---------- Post automerged at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Vaimes
    Zenzao
    Lyric

owner
    Rubicon
    Jan

Cobalt
    fontisian
    his fluffiness
    Quiddity
    The Waco Kid
    Tom
    Miner

Uncolored names aren't ordered because they don't deserve it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

How many lynches do we get? Four?

That means I only need two or three more townreads.

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Stop townreading Rubicon.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Jan can be a dick as either alignment. He was born this way.

Sometimes he feels sorry for it, most of the time it is just a fun thing to pass the time.

You could townread me because whenever I am in thread I am not holding back. The upside of a vt only game, there is no reason to hold back.
    Go all out, push your reads and hope you are the person that dies n1. If I can die before someone like you who is able to gather townreads as town if he really wants to, then I did at least 50% of my job right in this game.

Holding back in a game like this makes exactly 0 sense.
    I just feel weird that I have failed a bit much with townreads. Normally those are stronger than my scumreads. But I did not get that many so far.

---------- Post automerged at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

If I take my bot 3 and my top 3 reads then I get vons top 6.

I don't feel good about that.
    Vaimes - Are you in thread for a while at the moment?
    Would like to pick your brain a bit if you have the time.

I might try to be nice for once. Already had a 1 hour fight with steve earlier today. Would prefer friendly conversations, I think.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

This isn't going to work just because you were right last time.

---------- Post automerged at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

(Miner Miner Miner)

I'm here for the next couple hours.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I agree with the miner part, I don't think he would be a likely n1 death either way. Sure if he is town he gets 1-3 townreads but he rarely ever is lock town.

Could you try and sell me on Rubicon town?
    I really have trouble with it considering how strong I feel about my early case + him basically softballing all game. Sure he has the post quantity, but there was nothing that screamed town to me so far.
    Having someone who actually ahs a fairly hard townread on him, might be useful.

Worst case I can try to convince you of his scumminess and the font is happier for it.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

ugh I missed the opportunity to say Miner Miner Forty-niner

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I don't know if he is lock mafia for it (Miner), but choosing to play this game makes little sense to me.

---------- Post automerged at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

That was a blessing in disguise, until now.

But then again I am just not a 49ers fan. I don't care about them at all.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Not a hard townread.

It's an amalgamation of the attention he got earlier in the game + the extent to which he's interacted with most of the players + I don't ~really think he'd try and come after me as scum since I stopped letting myself get mislynched + this is his first game in a long time and lynching him D1 would make me sad, regardless of his alignment.

---------- Post automerged at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

lettuce skip circles around owner's post count

we can do it

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

She should not be around for most of the day.