1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

fontisian didn't really do much yesterday, and there's no chance of PR. Not sure why she would be shot.

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Guess who never followed up on this?

Vote: Rubicon

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I didn't really bus last game D1. Think back to my last two games, when have I laid into a player as heavily as I did on owner (the first time, before realising the Mathblade vibe), who wasn't my scummate?

When I'm scum, I can pass as town easily. What I can't do, is pass as town!me. So ask yourself this, why would I break that formula? I don't need to fix the looking town part, I need to focus on building narratives on town players rather than my scummates - so why would I be sheeping Vaimes, shoppiing around for another lynch? I had a good one on owner, why leap off?

In short, why do you think I'm trying to switch up my style in this particular way?

I jumped off owner because I got paranoid, sure my being tilted was influencing me. Vaimes made good points about owner's potential!EoD post, and you were the alternative that was in the thread.

That, and the consensus was too big on someone that was easy, it didn't feel right.

I regret not going to Rubicon, as I think I could have swung it, but that's as may be.

(And I voted around initially because I was consensus building, making sure we got a lynch.)

I really dislike this post, btw. You have insight (Q isn't being scum!Q but still scummy) but you're not following it up (is Q's scum meta the same as others), you're stopping early because it puts your vote on me.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'd just like to say that if your name was Quiddity and you were scum you'd be pretty happy with the gamestate right now

Oh and tom, absolutely he'd have to change it up. He lost one game by overbussing and failing to turn his bussing into towncred. He won the other game by toning down his bussing, but then overbussed again on the last day to almost make me push on him (I was apathetic town that game though... my bad), but they probably would've gotten through anyways because scum!fluff was a thing.

I'd like to point out though, that we really should make fluff do more things.

Also, in fonti we trust (for the first two days, and if none of her reads winds up as scum she dies). If I can't have Quid today, I'm lynching Rubicon.

5. Rubicon

I did.

6. Quiddity

High Score:
    The above is partly because it fits with the fonti/push-lazy scum vibe the NK gives me.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Uhmmm........

I'd just like to point out that this would be exactly the type of thing scum!Quid does in order to not look the same way he did in the past two games..

Also, the only reason you were townread is because you consistently made correct pushes/busses on your partners (at least that's from what I remember in TH7). I don't quite recall what you did in SVM early, but I seem to remember that you lurked a lot and posted minimally.

Either way, your play this game isn't reminiscent at all of AYAW, which is the only recent game that I can remember where you were town.

8. Rubicon

Miner, what do you think of Tom's reason for townreading you?

9. Quiddity

High Score:
    ...why?

There's no way I last to late unless I catch a scum in an unequivocal way, which means a hard bus on a better positioned (presumably, given happy) buddy.

I'll always be a easy lynch a) as town generally, and b) particularly this game.

Portraying otherwise is horrendous shade, aimed only at bringing this to the fore.

Vote Miner

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Look at Rubicon's read progression last DayEnd.

Owner is probably scum (564/583) > Q is probably more scum than owner (650) > Q is scum with owner (659) > owner is the person we should lynch (680) > Q is town (690) >Owner is 100% scum (720) > Owner is town (wtf) (756).

Notice that all of those reads are wishy washy and there is no logical progression between them.

---------- Post automerged at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Where exactly?

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Mostly correct, but I think that if I were scum I'd totally do this to pocket him in this game because of it being completely vanilla.

---------- Post automerged at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

You'd be happy because a) you weren't the lynch d1 where you very well could have been, and b) because there are at least 2 easily mislynchable targets today: me and Cobalt.

So there's a very good chance of 2 scum living til day 3, where that would mean a 2v7 world.

---------- Post automerged at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I mean, considering it could have been 1v10, I think it's safe to say you're happy about the gamestate.

12. Rubicon

his fluffiness

#704.

I had other thoughts, but they were basically the same as what you said.

My actual D1 read progression:

Owner's wall is questionable (564/583)

Q is definitely scummier than owner (650)

Why is Q searching for another wagon when his top scumread is already getting voted? That's weird. (659)

owner is not my preferred lynch, but it's sure a lot better than lynching me, and the Quiddity wagon has collapsed (680)

fontisian's defense of Q is interesting - need to think about whether I agree (690)

Let's not have a no-lynch. Also, jokes (720)

This wagon is probably a mistake because Owner is acting super town. Damn (756).

13. Quiddity

High Score:
    Oh wow. Okay, you drew all the wrong conclusions from those games.

Unvote

Miner, I'm not townread because I bus. I bus because I get too focused on being townread. Let me explain.

In SVM, I didn't lurk. I was reasonably active, definitely above my norm (the entire game was ridiculously inactive which made it seem less so, but that's by the by). And I didn't push well on my buddies - I kept one null, one hard town, and one I did a stupid push on that never went anywhere and certainly netted me no points. And yet I was townread.

I was townread because my scum focus is on posting the right things. I had the right reads on fonti and Von, knowing where those scumreads would go eventually (although it took longer than expected). I had the right read on fluff. This is not the same thing as being correct, nor on blindly following the thread consensus - obviously a ton of people thought fonti and Von were scum, and I went on and off Typhon in a way divorced from the thread.

It's about being internally consistent, saying good things. Delphine put it as 'coherent', which I think fits well. It's the 'helping out new players' taken to an extreme. Actually, a better example is in the Jarizok and fonti claims in TH7. Moments like those are my scumstyle to a tee.

My weaknesses as scum are around a) strategy, and b) letting that go too far (in either locking myself out of town reads or scumreading partners, which leads to the same outcome). These are where TH7 came from. I was townread before I pushed you. I pushed you because a) I became too caught up in the fun of the thread, playing off Typhon and Von, and b) because I locked myself out of some other reads (and c) because it is good to spread some suspicion onto ones mates).

When I'm town, that falls by the wayside because I actually have to hunt, which I'm shite at. I get much more paranoid, indecisive, and generally neurotic.

That's a bit of a sidetrack, but I think it's important because a lot of you can't seem to read me.

How is my play different from AYAW (barring activity differentials)?

14. Rubicon

Tom's miner read.

"Miner does X every time he's town. He's doing the opposite of X this time. Also, him the opposite of X could be a ploy to pocket me. However he shouldn't be pocketing me. Pocketing me is dumb. Therefore he's town."

I love it.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

I was actually thinking about this for some time and I couldn't put my finger to it just now.

Your play this game lacks the same sort of attitude and decisiveness that I recall in AYAW.

16. Quiddity

High Score:
    You really think Cobalt is mislynchable here? Cobalt is a nothing here. Cobalt is a Regfan slot waiting to happen, you never rely on those.

So I'm happy in a world where the next two days(?!) play out exactly as planned, with no deviations. Translation: I'm not happy.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

Uhm, Cobalt's not going to be here until Sunday. Which is EOD.

Tell me how, given his d1 play, he's not a mislynch here.

18. Quiddity

High Score:
    Huh. I went looking to countermand you, but you're actually right. Seems working hard was good for my town play, I even caught Cobalt.

Did you ever read up on me at RB? AYAW is not how my town games normally go, though I understand if you don't accept that.

---------- Post automerged at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

He's going to be here all day Sunday. I mean, today is Sunday for me, so presumably he'll be here for ~18hrs for you folks.

I have no idea how that will turn out. I will say that I wouldn't lynch him off D1, as he was a nothing.

19. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    FYI, pretty bad storm overhead that may last a while, power could be cut out and take longer to restore, so if I'm gone the rest of the night I'll be back when I can.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Enough.

Town loses when it eats itself. We are not going to do that here.

Fontisian
    Lyric
    Zenzao
    Miner
    Quiddity

Tom
    The Waco Kid

Rubicon
    His Fluffiness
    Vaimes

Cobalt

I think the Llyric read is obvious. Zenzao, I believe, is town for the traps he left in his Day 1 posts and his thought process about them.

Miner gave zero (0) shits about being the lynch yesterDay, and given his last scum performance and his reaction to it, I'm certain he would have reacted. In addition, I think his push on Q makes sense from his POV.

In addition to my previous defense of Q, I'll add that his vote on me and follow up doesn't make sense from a scum perspective and I don't find myself agreeing with him constantly, as I did both times he was scum.

Tom is a gut feeling. I've generally liked a few things he's said.

I agree with Waco's push on Rubicon and find his behavior squarely within his town and scum metas. With that in mind, I have no desire to lynch him at this point.

Rubicon had a lot of sketchy pushes Day 1, but he can be useful as town, and thus I recommend lynching him eventually but not today.

Fluff is absent, even more so than when he was scum. Ironically, this might make him town.

Von is absent. If he doesn't show and do something interesting, we're going to lynch him or his slot.

And Cobalt is absent. This, the pop ins with promises of content and the one aggressive statement to Von, match his mafia play completely. We are going to ramp up the pressure on him and see what pops out. If you are unwilling to do that, I will accept a vote on one of the other three, with reasoning.

if you are voting somewhere else, I ask that you stop and resolve your differences.