1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find DLP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon, Jan 8, 2016.

?

How did you find DLP?

1. Recommended by a Fanfic Author (if so who?)

572 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Found via the DLP C2

280 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. Recommended by a friend

84 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Recommended off another website (if so where?)

323 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. My fic was recommended here and I was curious

41 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Someone trash talked DLP and I was curious

243 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. I found DLP via Google

675 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Dkapflzk

Dkapflzk Squib

High Score:
    I saw dlp when I read FF.net review so I can search dlp through google search

2. Strzyga

Strzyga Muggle

High Score:
    Was looking for Dark Harry fanfics, found the community on fanfiction.net.
    I'll be honest - registered to be able to download someone's zip archive of fic, stayed for content ;).

3. Ryriena

Ryriena Second Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly, I found it while looking for essays that state Ginny is a Mary Sue type character for an story review I had planned. And I decided to stick around.

4. Moonlight

Moonlight Muggle

High Score:
    I was looking through a rec thread on some site (space battles I believe) and saw a few links to this site checked it out and since the site has such a strict policy on quality I joined.

5. Setsuna24

Setsuna24 Muggle

High Score:
    How I ended up finding DLP

I go through cycles of what I'm in the mood for reading in HP fanfiction. I found myself looking for good quality Dark Lord Harry Potter fanfiction. Naturally, good old google showed DLP as one of the answers to my search and I just simply had to check it out.

6. GodsAndMonsters

GodsAndMonsters Squib

High Score:
    [GUIDE] So you wish you had more Harry Potter? The DEFINITIVE Guide to Fanfiction for Beginners - How to get to the Good Stuff (xpost from /r/harrypotter) came across this when looking up different sources to look for fanfiction about a month ago.

7. Guru Meditation Error

Guru Meditation Error Squib

High Score:
    I found the site through one of the recommendation threads on space battle forums.

8. Keira

Keira Squib

High Score:
    I found it through google when I was looking for fanfiction.

9. Aithne

Aithne Muggle

High Score:
    One of the ways I find new Harry Potter fanfiction is by browsing the HPFanfiction subreddit. The acronym DLP kept popping up again and again, and not always in the best light. Ironically, however, it was the frequent distaste for DLP that I encountered there that ultimately piqued my interest enough to come check out this forum. And now I'm here!

10. Ravenette

Ravenette Muggle

High Score:
    I got tired of trying to find a decent Slytherin!Harry fanfic of FFN, started googling and this forum came up. This was a couple of years ago – I think around 2013. I've spent the next couple of years lurking around here, wary of joining as I'm not a native speaker (after having read some not very encouraging posts), but here goes...

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

If you're ever struggling, do ask. DLP dislikes willful ignorance and laziness, but nobody expects a non-native speaker to be 100% correct from day one so long as you're trying your best. Help will always be given to those who ask.

12. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I see what you did there.

Classic.

On topic, I don't think I ever posted in this thread because I can't for the life of me remember how I first got here.

I got into HP fanfiction when my mom found this this nextgen marauders book on Goodreads and told me I should try it. It was some weak shit, but then I found Harrypotterfanfiction.com or something like that, and then FFnet of course. I was kinda aware of this site from the start from the occasional google redirect and stuff and I just gradually rolled in here.

These days it's a rare day indeed that I don't check a bunch of threads here for updates. Viva DLP!

Edit: I just now noticed that I already voted in the poll, so I might just have posted in here before. Ah well, life's a bitch.

13. eveningrevolution

eveningrevolution Muggle

High Score:
    I was searching for Harry Potter forums. I thought this one was good.

14. ShayneT

ShayneT Squib

High Score:
    I originally found this site through google, but more recently someone noted that one of my fics had been mentioned here and I became curious. So I suppose the answer was both.

15. TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman Squib

High Score:
    I found this site from reading Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived on ff.net. But the rest of the story is on this site and honestly this site looks much better than ff.net.

16. AzaleaE

AzaleaE Squib

High Score:
    I was searching for more quality fanfiction, especially that with darker and more realistic themes, and I believe Google eventually brought me here.

17. seis

seis Squib

According to the Poll I am one of the many who have been send here by Google. In my case though I did that years ago and then completely forgot about the account.

18. bonecharms

bonecharms Muggle

High Score:
    I came here by way of /r/hpfanfiction. I remember lurking here many years ago, but I'd completely forgotten about this place until I started actively searching out good HP fics again.

19. BigBrother

BigBrother Squib

High Score:
    First came across DLP a long time ago, not sure exactly when. It's been so long I'm not completely positive how I came across it but I'm thinking I saw it mentioned by an author whose FanFiction I was reading and searched and found my way here.

20. NakedFury

NakedFury Squib

High Score:
    Found about this from a comment on FF.net and later google.
    At the time didn't bother with it since the link was more for Scryer searcher.

Then I found a suggestiong for a and I quote "non-butt pirate Harry crossover with Anita Blake stuff" and that really got me curious and sadly the story, Harry Potter and the Stalking Blood Sack seems to be under status lock or something as I still can't see it.

Gonna stick to this until I can.