1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Orange Lords: A CK2 succession game

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Seratin, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not sure if that's included in an update or if it's a DLC thing but hey, try it out Swirly Mango. It is Swirly playing ATM, right?

2. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

Yeah it's me right now, i'll have time to play on Sunday.

3. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

You can rename a province? If that is a thing I can only say, you learn something new every day. In that case it should be something for the future, for now we can merely point out what we did.

4. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah, I love screwing up the landscape with my terrible names. I'm not sure whether you need the Customisation DLC or not, but if you're an independent ruler you should be able to rename territory by clicking its name once you've selected the place.

5. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You shouldn't need any DLC. I'm pretty sure I only have the base game but you can be damn certain that Vladivostok is a major port on the Crimean Penninsula, or the English Channel, or Zeeland...

6. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

Here begins the tale of Ebles, Duke of Provence.

[IMGUR]xWrQCJw[/IMGUR]

He is given rule of disparate lands, a great army, and infidels and god-farsaken Irish to slay at every opportunity.

[IMGUR]tOWobgb[/IMGUR]

It is a good thing he is a military man, our Ebles can certainly be. The other-worldly workings of managing land and lineage are beyond him.

The infidels in Iberia are losing to the Reconquista, and our dear Ebles, a most capable military man, declares under the call of Deus Vult to reclaim rightfully Christian land for the most Holy Roman Empire.

Our dear Ebles, feeling capable and able after immediate success declares for his rightful and totally legitimate claim in Ireland.

And here disaster strikes for our dear Ebles, no longer so able, becomes infirm.

[IMGUR]wBhyzeE[/IMGUR]

And then Ebles, oh so capable Ebles, heals himself of disabling infirmity.

By becoming IncapEbles.

[IMGUR]1VXcKO9[/IMGUR]

He dies within the year, his war in Ireland over with his death.

Duke Bernat-Aton shall carry on his name.

[IMGUR]luy8Qpi[/IMGUR]

7. Seratin

High Score:
    What the hell. CK2 can be such a bitch sometimes. Oh well, looks like you're up, Locke.

On the bright side you're inheriting a pretty interesting game. Solid base in southern France with lands in Ireland and Spain? Good job, Distaly.

8. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

A Very Orange Tale

As his Father died, Bernat-Aton, the most German lord of Provence, sailed to Ireland, as the green lords of Ulster stood in the most frightful opposition to his rightful rule. His father had died conquering the petty kings of that land, and Bernat-Aton felt it only right that they submit before his iron will. They did.
    [​IMG]

Bernat-Aton grew to be a Brilliant Strategist and a most inspiring commander, leading his men across Europe with the force of his beard. He married a brilliant yet petty woman by the name of Abelina, the daughter of the Doge of Venice.

[​IMG]

Within four years after defeating the Irish, the Duke left for a Holy War against the Moors of Spain and conquered the land of Cordoba with a most successful use of arms. While fighting against the infidels, born to Bernat-Aton was a son, renowned for his cleverness. While the Duke had some trouble choosing a name, eventually he settled on a much applauded choice, inspired as he was by his campaigns in Spain- Martel d'Orange.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For many years afterwards, Duke Bernat-Aton worked to conquer the lands of Eire, whose inhabitants he blamed for his father's deaths. While his campaigns were not always successful, most typified by his defeat against the King of Connaught, eventually the Duke of Provence would spread his wings across the verdant hills. He absorbed first Briefne, then once again assailed Connaught with greater success. Finally after decades he conquered Cill Dara and declared the formation of the Kingdom of Greater Provence. In his final campaign, Bernat-Aton died against the rebellious hill-folk of Osreige, plunging the lands into mourning for the man who uplifted a smallish Duchy to a Kingdom and left to his genius son the reigns of power.

[​IMG]

And thus a Holy Roman Empire game suddenly becomes an Ireland game, because the Moors are much harder to beat.

9. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

That is of course totally not what I intended, its absolutly not like I dont enjoy playing as a vassal, espically without The way of Life. No, absolutly a coincidence that I decided to invade Ireland.

10. Seratin

High Score:
    Martel "Fuckslayer" D'Orange genius king of Ireland and the Med. At least you have an interesting game ahead, Azotez.

What's the shape of our dynasty? I'm assuming it's quite small at this stage.

11. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

You guys made me buy this game. That's 40 bucks I'll never see again :(

12. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

To be honest, not sure if thats worth. CK2 is on sale every other month.

13. Azotez

Azotez Seventh Year

You must have missed me writing to skip me from the play list. I am content to read about the chaos unfolding.

14. Seratin

High Score:
    Ah okay, well in that case Sauce Bauss is up next. Apologies for any confusion.

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Very possibly won't have internet next week, so if I don't respond to a game summons promptly skip me momentarily.

16. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Not gonna lie, surprised you didn't get assassinated. It seems like whenever I have a child heir they end up dead pretty fast

17. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

Remember that the game had just startet. My court had like 10 people and no count vassal (or above), no one there who cared enough to kill me.

18. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

I mean, even in small courts there's someone who's interested in offing a child ruler. (Usually the regent/heir who's in line to inherit).

19. Seratin

High Score:
    I dunno, of all the games I've played I've had very few regencies where I didn't make it to adulthood. I don't think it's as common as you're thinking.

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I leave for a work trip on Tuesday(28th) and won't be back until Thursday (the 6th). Unless I can get steam to work on my external hard drive and install CK2 onto it or my turn happens before, I will have to be skipped until I return.