1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, that's fine. My first PS2 game was Onimusha, which I adored, and I've loved that aesthetic ever since.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

So who's going to be joining in on the For Honor beta at 3pm CET?

3. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

So seeing as there seems to be a decent sized group of people here who play mobile games (If the Fire Emblem Heroes thread is anything to go by), anyone playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius? I don't want to derail the other thread.

4. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't, but I do play Fate/Grand Order. F2P, but still relatively proud of my stable of Servants. It's fairly enjoyable, but since it's Japanese-only I can't really recommend it.

I'm not interested in playing another mobile game, but I'm curious anyway: how is Exvius? The only real thing I know about it is that I heard quite a bit of bitching about the Ariana Grande collab and that Cloud isn't in the game yet.

5. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I really enjoy it. It's got a nice and varied combat system, there's lots of content including an event, and a new summon banner every 2 weeks to keep you busy. And there are hard boss fights that actually require strategy and planning to defeat.

I've been playing everyday since launch basically.

And funnily enough Cloud came out a few days ago in Japan ,but us in the global sever have to wait another 6 months presumably.

6. Jon

I'm reluctantly enjoying parts of For Honor.

The combat system is a convoluted mess of rock-paper-scissors in what counts what.

There is a definite amount of skill involved, and I can't currently see the upper skill ceiling that will be reached.

But, with that said.

There's nothing more frustrating than inputing the block command, only for it not to be activated, and you getting killed in four free hits because your block command is on holiday.

7. Jon

I've improved a lot with For Honor.

My complaint about 'block not working' was a game mechanic. The character that I was using has a timed block, unlike other characters who can permanently block in a direction, the Orochi has a half a second window or so where the block is effective before it disappears.

I'm enjoying it enough that I am lamenting the fact that games cost money.

Someone buy it for me and I will repay you in the most valuable currency in the world; words. :awesome

8. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

I'm really enjoying for honor too, but despite wanting to be good with the warden I find that I'm only passably good at the weeaboo spear lady.

I'm very good at nobushi though. Or at least I like to think so at any rate. Still need to figure out how to feint properly, but that's about the only mechanic I don't have a great grasp on.

Also the berserker's infinite chain. Even against a level 0 bot I couldn't pull that off :(

In any event the beta is, frankly, excellent. I was lukewarm on for honor and hadn't intended to get it, but the beta convinced me to preorder the deluxe edition so it succeeded there.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    We should be playing Persona 5 today.

Never forget.

10. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Played the fuck out of the For Honor beta. Got to the point of prestiging my Warden and was winning every other duel.

I would really like to play the game and try different characters seeing as how I exclusively played Warden but I'm broke as hell

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My Collector's Edition would have made this snow day go so much quicker. On the bright side I've managed to avoid most spoilers so I'll still be going in fresh in April.

12. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Is the PS4 Pro worth the price hike if you don't have a 4k TV?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  13. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh depends on how good a deal you can get on a PS slim.

I got mine after black friday for $200 including Uncharted 4. to pay twice that for a pro didn't appeal to me.

OTOH you're sure as hell not gunna find that price now, so depending on what deals you can get...

Either which way, you'll get the most benefit at 4k with a HDR TV. If you don't have that, meh. Buuuuut boost mode will sure as hell improve gameplay in the vast majority of your games. Bloodborne without the FPS drops is a joy, or so I've heard.

14. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I'm considering buying a used Slim Uncharted package from Amazon that is $220. I'm not sure yet though. I might just fork over the extra $30 and get it new.

Also have the Uncharted collection that has the other 3 games, Bloodborne, Far Cry 4 and Dishonored for pretty good deals lined up - it's about time I play those.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  15. Gengar

High Score:
    Fyi, with boost mode, Bloodborne has much quicker load times and stable framerate on the Pro.

If you only care about first party exclusives though (Infamous, uncharted, tlou, horizon, god of war etc) just get the cheapest console. First party games always run great. They're wizards like that.

16. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone else playing Nier: Automata? I haven't played a hack and slash game since I was a kid and it's a first for me on PC.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I'd vehemently argue about it being hack and slash, but yes. It's incredible.

18. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Drove to Brisbane to visit some family, went to the local markets and I saw a Retro game store. I was like 'I'll go in, buy Banjo-Tooie and A Link to the Past and thats it.'

An hour and a couple of yarns later...[​IMG]

Some serious coin there in some of those SNES games. I'll justify it by deluding myself into thinking its an invesment for the future.

*Just what I bought, not whole collection.

Also walked away with a bet to see if i could finish Ghouls N' Ghosts or not, meant to be a pretty hard game to complete.

A good day.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did those go for?

(and a not insignificant part of me still cringes at n64 and psx games being considered retro, lol)

20. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Didn't get an itemised list, but roughly these for $89 AU each:

Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Super Metroid and Zelda: A Link To The Past.

The rest of them around $250 all up. Some were pretty cheap I only wanted for memories, Goldeneye, Turok etc. A couple I haven't played but they highly recommended.

Comparing to buying online some were cheaper others slightly more expensive, but that doesn't include postage. Overall pretty impressive little stall with a good selection, could of easily dropped another $500 but I was mainly interested in the RPGs when I was looking.

Not open for further replies.