1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's An Owners Market - Sign Ups!

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Regfan, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Welcome to It's An Owners Market Sign Ups!

I've attached the rule list, ability pool and sample PM's below which are all relevant if this remains a 13 player game, I do have the ability to tweak a few things to fit a 17 player game if necessary though and will post the amended rule list inside the game thread if that occurs.

Day phases will be 4/1 up until D5 where it'll change to 2/1. Majority votes will not cause a lynch, deadlines will be fixed and the player with the most votes when deadline reaches will be lynched. There will a 24 hour pregame period that ideally I would like to start Thurs/Fri.

I've not yet decided what time to have EOD at and given the importance of deadline in this game I'd like it if people could please state their preferred time when signing up. I will try and cater for the majority as I do have a co-mod for this game so can cover most hours of the day.

If you've got any questions feel free to fire away as this is a completely open setup.

1. Cobalt
    2. Fontisian
    3. His Fluffiness
    4. Jan
    5. Jarizok
    6. Koalas
    7. Miner
    8. Newcomb
    9. Rubicon
    10. The Waco Kid
    11. Tom
    12. Typhon
    13. Vira

Replacements

1. Vaimes
    2. Proph
    3. Citrus
    4. Acionyx

Observers

1. Eidolonic
    2. Lyric

Rule List
    I Standard Rules
    1. The site-wide rules apply. Read them, know them, love them, but do not break them.
    2. Play to win and have fun, remember this is a game and you're all here to have a good time.
    3. Do not quote communications outside the game in this thread including role PM's and messages to the mod, paraphrasing is allowed.
    4. Do not talk about this game outside of this game thread until it is completed, unless I have specifically told you it is allowed.
    5. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes making bets, promises of real life rewards, etc.
    6. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill.
    7. If you need to be replaced or have any questions at all please don't hesitate to contact the moderator.

II Voting & Deadlines
    1. Votes must be bolded and on their own line. Unvotes are not necessary but would be appreciated.
    2. Day phases will have a fixed length of 4 days (96 hours) until D5 onward where it will drop to 2 days (48 hours).
    3. Night phases will have a fixed length of 1 day (24 hours). Night actions are due 1 hour before deadline.
    4. Majority votes will not cause a lynch until D5 onward, prior to that the player with the most votes when deadline hits is lynched.
    5. In the event of a tied vote upon deadline the player who received that number of votes first will be lynched.

III Setup Rules & Information
    1. This will be a 10:3 Open Setup with every player starting as a Vanilla.
    2. Mafia have daytalk including the 24 hour pregame period.
    3. Mafia have a factional ability to hide the price sold for an item that can be used once per day phase either for the midday or day end update.
    4. Town players will begin the game with a wallet of $500 and Mafia players will receive $800.
    5. Money cannot be transferred.

IV Auctions
    1. Four limited shot roles from the pool of twenty available are selected randomly every day and auctioned off.
    2. Bids are made inside your QT during the day phase and the player with the highest bid at day end will receive that role.
    3. You may only bid the money remaining inside your wallet, you may increase a bid on an item but cannot use that money elsewhere.
    4. You must outbid the current highest bidder to win the item. Losing bids are refunded at day end.
    5. The winner of each auctioned item are not revealed publicly, just the bid itself.
    6. There will be a mid day update 2 days into the day phase where the highest bid per item are revealed but not the winner again.
    7. Items auctioned are removed from the potential list the following day.
    8. Bids will no longer be eligible within the last 10 minutes of each day phase. Lynched players can win an auctioned item.
    9. Auctions will no longer take place after day four.

V Marketplace Owner
    1. Players will vote for a Marketplace Owner on top of the vote to lynch in the thread during day one.
    2. The player with the most votes at deadline will be elected the Marketplace Owner.
    3. In the event of a tied vote upon deadline the player who received that number of votes first will be elected.
    4. The elected player privately submits an order to increase the odds of four items being up for auction the following day phase by 400%.
    5. The elected player has this ability every night phase.
    6. The elected player must designate a replacement in case they die, this is revealed publicly upon their death.
    7. Marketplace Owners are no longer needed after day four.

Ability Pool & Role Descriptions
    1. Auction Detective x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will learn all of their bidding history from the previous day phase.

2. Auction Detective x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will learn all of their bidding history from the previous day phase.

3. Bulletproof x 1: You are protected from the first Night-kill that has targeted you. Bulletproof is countered by Hitman.

4. Day-Kill x 1 (Targeted): Send me a private message with an order to kill someone during a day phase. That player will die.

5. Cop x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will receive back a report of "Mafia" or "Not Mafia".

6. Commuter x 1: All abilities that target you will be roleblocked. Commuter is countered by Hitman. Must select a night to use it.

7. Doctor x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill that night.

8. Doctor x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill that night.

9. Gravedigger x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player who has died. You will learn of all the abilities they had when they died.

10. Godfather x 1 : You appear as "Not Mafia" on Cop reports, regardless of your actual alignment. Must select a night to use it.

11. Hitman x 1: The Night-kill will ignore any ability that would stop the kill from working. Must select a night to use it.

12. Hitman x 2: The Night-kill will ignore any ability that would stop the kill from working. Must select a night to use it.

13. Jailkeeper x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. That player will be protected from the night kill and also unable to act.

14. Neighborizer x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will receive a QT upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.

15. Neighborizer x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will receive a QT upon daystart where you may talk any time while alive.

16. Ninja x 2: You may choose which of your visits (if any) will appear on Tracker and Watcher reports. Must select a night to use it.

17. Roleblocker x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. All of their Targeted abilities that they activated for that night will fail.

18. Tracker x 1 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night.

19. Tracker x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) that player visited during the Night.

20. Watcher x 2 (Targeted): Choose another player. You will be informed which players (if any) visited that player during the Night.

Sample Role PMs & Messages
    Sample Town Role PM:
    Sample Mafia Role PM:
    Marketplace Owner PM:
    Bidding Results:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

:(

/replace

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

/in if it starts in > 1 week, otherwise /replace

4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Stop being busy, says the pot, to the kettle.

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

/in.

Reminds me a bit of Proph's Brass & Tax setup.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

Clarification, x2 just means you get two shots as opposed to x1 you only get one shot, or is it just that there's two of those items in the auction possible.

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Also, can mafia members share money to outbid town?

---------- Post automerged at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Wait ignore that last question.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Disappointed in both Eido and Vaimes.

Newcomb - Looking to start in ~4 days and there's a 24 hour pregame period so I'm counting your in.

Rubicon - Yeah, the original one I read was Maguas Marketplace Mafia; I've attempted to simplify it and turn it into an open.

Miner - x2 is indeed two shots of the ability.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

I think that tom would like this game.
    tom.

I totally don't want to get my revenge for last game.

9. Newcomb

That's fine, but if the game starts before 5 PM PST next Monday I'll be 100% ignoring it until then.

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

/in

EoD approx 9-10pm EDT (US) would be awesome

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Yay, mafia.

In.

12. Newcomb

Prefer EoD to be sometime between 7 and 9 PM PST.

13. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I'd like obs!

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    /in

Haven't read the OP
    Let's do this

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

^Kill it with fire.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    You should probably make a "vote tom" hotkey

17. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

18. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

No, he just needs to invert his impulses.

If he wants to vote you, you're probably town.

If he wants to town read you, you're probably scum.

I see no way this could ever backfire.

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

For the record, I also cast my vote for the preferred time of Newcomb/Waco (10EST/7PST).

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Clarifying questions:
    -Can a bid be retracted?
    -To be clear, prior to D5 whoever has the most lynch votes at EOD (irrespective of the number) gets lynched, correct? I can't imagine why it would come up that early, but is a no lynch even allowed?
    -Can you clarify "increase the odds by 400%" wrt to the marketplace owner? What exactly is the system for determining what is offered?

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The dailymafia forumgame is starting on monday (1 week from now).

It is a fast game .. most likely 12/12 phases (talking hours, not days).
    Will most likely post less for a few days starting monday, but I should be able to juggle between those two games.

Good timing otherwise, since I am still busy until friday.

/IN