1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's An Owners Market - Game Over!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Regfan, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

You think "Deep Wolf" and you look at Koalas.

hrm.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Speak of the devil has never been so apt. Koalas scum confirmed.

Which roles would you increase the odds for if you were Elected Koalas?

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hitman, Daykill and Godfather.

4. Jarizok

Called it.

5. Koalas

High Score:
    Keeping up that 100% read rate I see.

6. Jarizok

Seriously though, any insights you want to share or things you think town should discuss today?

7. Koalas

High Score:
    Newcomb's suggestion was good. Really good. I'm surprised fonti didn't think of it.

Why's your elect vote on fluff?

8. Jarizok

Cos he was the first guy who said; if I'm elected I'm gonna choose this, this and this.

His suggestions made sense and I think it'd be a good idea to give Fluff an important role to keep him active.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    'Get the town roles out first' isn't exactly groundbreaking insight. And I think you have the important role/activity relationship backwards.

10. Jarizok

Ordinarily yes, but market ownership will just pass on to the designated heir in the event of their death, so no reason to play careful when you have it.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    Hmm I did miss the whole heir mechanic. Still I don't believe the role will change fluffy's activity one way or the other.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am not sure how much mechanics stuff I want to do right now .. but just some small things.

We have a pool of 20 abilites with 4 being picked on the first 4 days and the last 4 going to waste.

We don't want vigi early, because that is a strong power for both sides.
    Stronger for town a little bit later on, in most cases.
    Clearing suspects earlier is fun and gives infos, but getting rid of some of the scum money before is way more useful.
    And if they keep their money to get the vigshot later then we will get a lot of other stuff.

Bidding early is bad IF we want to go with Newcombs proposal, unless you are dead certain about the game and meta that you won't get lynched.
    Yes - maybe scum already have the 500$ bet at that time, but we can't help against that anyway (because they would have made said bet within the first hour of d1).

Claiming a price like 2x hitman is tricky in general.
    While it is good because knowing that scum didn't get it helps other possible roles and keep said person accountable in case a doctor does not get a save on a night that he targeted the nightkill, there are several downsides that I would prefer to not spell out.

Getting the watcher out for d2 is another big thing.
    Unless scum get ninja you have 1-2 nights to use your ability OR they have to start watcherdodging, which is good for us.
    Hitman does nothing against tracker/watcher.

Getting cop up early would be good too, because we don't have to fear godfather at all, once the copcheck got through. (chance of godfather being on the checked target is slim anyway).

I agree in part with fulls thought on getting protective roles somewhat early too.
    Most important one here is the bulletproof.
    Not good for scum, but precious for town.
    Commuter is a good role as well (because it makes you immune to nightkills as well, unless hitman gets used). BUT commuter again is not something we want d2, esp IF mafia get their hands on the hitman today.

I am unsure if 1x doc and 1x jailkeeper are strong enough to go for them d2.
    I think one of the auction detectives might be way better for us to have going into n2.

+ we don't really want to risk jailkeep or roleblock to fuck with the limited checks early on.

I want Neighborizer .. but only because I want to have a qt to talk and have fun with people. But we already have one of those 2, I guess.

Okay that is enough mechnics for now.

i would be down to run the market, but in that case I would have to actually put in some more effort on the best order for which abilities etc.

For now tomorrow should always include :
    2x watcher
    1x bulletproof
    + at least one of the cop/auction detective.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Don't like this.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I don't think his suggestion did a lot.

While his suggestion is not wrong, it basically says "Let us get townroles".

There are big differences between the info and protective roles and order really matters in this case.

Keeping him active is a somewhat odd reasoning. You played the game with scum!fluff as far as I remember. You died d1 for your sin of being born on the wrong side of the road.
    Do you think he needed a reason to play that game?
    Do you have a general plan/read on him?

Because if not then keeping a bit more active will not get you far.
    His activity is one of the main things that fooled people last time around.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Mmmm.

Less eager to suggest anti-town strategy as mafia = wouldn't be scummy if actually was scum = too scum to be scum

Your first line of this quoted post is incorrect. That's exactly what you said.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Sadness.

Are you not glad that you rolled vt this time around?

Where is your happy entrance?
    Where is your energy level through the roof appeal you like to do?

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm working so this catch-up needs to be short and sweet. Also everyone is vanilla town so it's not really something to be excited about lol.

Ironically I did have that thought when I first read my QT before I remembered the setup lmao

---------- Post automerged at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Also bad. /10

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hi!

I see you said part of what I said in response to Jari already.

How are you these days?

How is catching up working out so far?
    Anything groundbreaking that people have not talked about enough just yet?

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Awesome, I have power again.

While I marshal my Rubicon thoughts into readable form, let's talk mechanics super quickly (this is not the final word, people can feel free to alter it if they see things I might have missed, but we need a formalized "this is the plan" thing so we're all super clear):

-A town player should throw a 499 bid down on powerful scum roles, every day - preferably before the halfway point. We can and should work out precisely what those roles are as the game unfolds, but suffice it to say that for today, Hitmanx2 qualifies. They should not bid 500.

-At EOD, whoever we will be lynching should bid 500 on the powerful scum role in question before bidding closes (this means mechanically, we should have no last minute bullshittery. Rejoice, DLP, this is the promised land.) Obviously if there are two powerful scum roles then the player being lynched should be made to bid on the role most advantageous to the scum team, and someone else should just eat the 500 cost for the other.

-Powerful town roles (again, we can work out precisely what those are later, but for today it Doctorx2) should receive a 500 bid from someone, every day. Yes, it's unfortunate that we have the doctor counter up first, but it's still worth the money.

Sound good? Cool. So let's consider who should do what - there's a lot of "someone"s in that outline. Honestly, this is a part that can't be explicitly spelled out, but be reasonable. If you're in the POE and there's a fair chance you'll be lynched that day or the next day, try and hold on to your money. Don't put us in a situation where you can't make a high bid, or where you've won a strong town role right before you're clearly going to be lynched. Doing so is always <EV town.

There are probably some things that I've neglected to expound on here and there are definitely a couple things that I'm not being explicit about, but we're all smart people and I assume everyone can work it out.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Cobalt:

22 year old mafia player, handsome, loves vanilla town, likes long walks on the beach, Fonti, Jan, and Typhon so far.

Dislikes: People who chew with their mouth open, unnecessary rudeness, Jarizok, Vira, and Rubicon.

---------- Post automerged at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Checking out for now given that I'm in the middle of a shift. Will catch up later ^^