1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's An Owners Market - Game Over!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Regfan, Mar 23, 2017.

1. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Like, duh.

And... what? Have you never had a private chat with another townie?

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I moved Fluff and Font to the bottom of my nulls for essentially the same reason.

I liked both their entries into the game on tone and for going into mechanical discussion. They've since faded a bit and it made me realize there's not actually anything to like about them too much.

Vira and Typhon are truly null because there's not been anything from them that stuck out to me too much and I've been focused elsewhere. These are the guys I want to focus on sorting now.

Koalas and Miner I've both liked, but not enough to move them out of townish Null.

Koalas is acting completely in line with what I've come to expect from town!Koalas, but I've been wrong on him every single time so I'm not ready to commit to moving him from Null.

Miner has been his towny self, but the 3rd person thing is putting me off and is making we suspicious. Maybe he's trying to hide behind it?

---------- Post automerged at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

On second thought, hiding yourself behind something as obvious as this doesn't feel like Miner's style. He's probably more likely to do this as town. Hiding in plain sight is a gutsy move, not in line with the maf!Miner I would expect to see. Maybe he can actually be a town lean

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Describe miners town self and why it applies here.
    Thank you.

4. Jarizok

I don't feel this is a fair question.

I'd be hard pressed to describe my own self or my mother's self.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ok .. got up to write another little something.

Typhon - Rebuilding Greatness?!

His play in itself sounds and feels somewhat similar to the last two games. Only a slight townlean for that, might be more if he keeps it up for a longer period of time.

He is focused on a single case/interaction for the most part (if you disregard the mechanics talk), which doesn't give me a lot to talk mindeset here, because it is/would be easy for scum to claw on a single thing they think is scummy. But it can just be genuine town!Typhon as well.

The one thing I like that I had in the back of my head, but I had to leave my bed to actually look it up is this here :

This was a fairly early interactions with waco in which he sets the bar for his play high.
    After this post he has to somewhat deliver in playstyle as either alignment and IJ want to say that I doubt that scum!typhon would start of like this, not knowing if he can deliver this playstyle as scum. (pretty sure he changed up his townplaystyle 2 games ago and has not rolled scum since, at least not on dlp)

Because of that he could crash and burn very fast. He did not have a grasp on the game at the time he wrote this, it was early on and felt genuine.
    I completely overlooked it at the first 2 reads of the thread but it somehow jumped back into my mind just now.

I think Typhon might be a stable townread for that reason alone.

Feel free to sanity check me on this one, but I feel like I got into his head and picked apart his brain and for once it makes sense.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Can you talk about this?
    Because, like, I'm also feeling I'm forcing myself to engage in this game and I'm wondering if its the same.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Okay let me rephrase this. Quotegame!
    Bolding parts for fun.

Those quotes are all you sunshine. And they are all miner as well.

Before you were unsure about miner but mentioned that he is someone you normally read well and should be able to figure out down the line (after asked directly about him).
    I would assume you thought about your read on him when asked at the time.

What changed inbetween that made you think "yes, that is town miner", when you were unable to get a grasp on his play before?
    He did not change his playstyle too much.

Did he or someone else say something that made you change your mind?
    Did you reread and found something precious to make you reconsider?

There has to be some reason why you are reading him more towny now than you did before.

---------- Post automerged at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

I like your honesty here .. but I can't tell if it is real.

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Sorry - the honesty is almost always real, I am just unsure if it says anything about your alignment.

You would feel like you have to force yourself into a game that was a lot about mechanics early on regardless of your alignment.

The question is would you state it as such as either alignment?
    Most people wouldn't, which is why my gut says towny.

I am fairly certain you are not like most people and would say it as either alignment.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    *pokes typh with a stick*
    You're finding a way for a known-ish scumtell to fit when it doesn't.
    What do you think of people not agreeing? If rubi was town wouldn't scum hop on? If hes scum are his buddies the ones disagreeing? Like, don't change the subject. Gimme more.

---------- Post automerged at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 ----------

Correctamundo.

---------- Post automerged at 01:37 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

Yeah. His response to me saying I don't agree with his reads is basically "u wot m8" and IDK why.
    Like, explain them. Or ask me why. Something.
    Thats a pretty obvious opportunity to try and figure me out. Or do something.

---------- Post automerged at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 ----------

Spicy read alert:
    Miner is town for approach.

Bam.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

This feels like a repharsing of something old.

Hot and new! We at McDonals now serve meat pads in buns!
    And for only 20 cents more we throw in a slice of cheese as well!

But maybe you can convince me on the piquancy of your read by throwing in some extra words on the topic for free!

10. Jarizok

Fine, I'll participate and the Vira post can wait.

When I'm asked: "Do you have a read on Miner", I answer as of that time, so "no, haven't bothered to figure him out yet. Why, you got something there?"

I wanted other people's perspective on it but was quietly confident it would sort itself out down the line, as I state multiple times.

Today I decided to sit down and make up my mind on a couple of things, and I've concluded that Miner is probably town. It's not that I was unable to grasp his play before, it's that I decided to postpone attempting to grasp it because I felt like I could afford to do so and was hoping he'd drop the act.

So to answer your question, I'm reading him more towny now then I was before because I sat down and attempted to sort him from the Null pile that I consciously decided to place him in at game start, when Font said she thought he was town. I wanted to see where things would go with Font, but nothing ever came of it.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Kay .. feeling somewhat comfortable with Jari in my townpile for now.

Have not read his scumgame, but I feel good about parts of his approach and general activity level after stating that he doesn't want the game to be as spammy as last game (and still remains topposter mostly because all my posts get merged)

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Fine.
    Miners gimmick or whatever he's doing actually makes him MORE transparent.
    It's a very in your face "this is what I'm thinking".
    I don't think he would choose to do it as scum, because it would force him to fake town thought processes without trying to look townie.
    It makes no sense.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Vira

Typhon

Jarizok

The Waco Kid

Miner

His Fluffiness
    Rubicon

Fontisian
    Newcomb
    Koalas
    Tom

Cobalt

New and updated order of things.

Jari and Typhon moved up. Typhon might be above Vira. Not sure.

Both Waco and fluff moved down a bit because I don't have any substance behind the read and just feel like they are more likely town.

Newcomb is abck in the null pile after rereading his big post and having some questions left unsanswered.

Chances are there is mafia above my bottom 5, with 4 of them being basically null, but the order stands, I think.

14. Jarizok

I've only just got to Vira's "doctor is useless with hangman in the game" post which has been discussed plenty already, but I'll throw in my two cents on it as I move through the rest of her posts.

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

So, Vira:

Very engaged early, 2 fluffs, followed by

which is probably more fluff.

This is where things happen.

The presence of hitman doesn't change the value of doctor too much actually. It's a longshot to target the NK as doctor in the first place early on. Later it becomes more of an issue, but the fact that the role was up for auction at all makes it harder for maf to decide on who to kill and what roles to use.

(As an aside to the Vira case study, would it ever be worth it for maf to buy the doctor instead of the hitman? You're denying 2 potential saves either way and they might get it for less.)

So, is it more likely for maf!Vira to say this than town!Vira. Without meta here, but knowing that this isn't here first game or anything, I'm going to say it's more likely for maf to say this. It's unlikely that Vira really thinks doctor is now useless, so she's got an agenda here. It could be just to get mechanical conversation going, but taking into consideration how she attacked me for my 'forced conversation starting' I'll say that's unlikely. That leaves getting townread as a goal, but town isn't focussed on that 13 posts in. Maf is.

---------- Post automerged at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

I'll see how that read progresses, but I don't agree with you and Typhon that Vira's probably town so far.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Agreed. I had a similar thought.

Didn't think too much about the tranparency with the choosen gimmick, but him keeping the approach after getting attention for it early on and still trying to convey some kind of information.

Not a strong read for me, but still a town lean.

Need him to follow up on things and actually do work, BUT he said that he Would be busy on saturday and the day is still long and full of error.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Vira/Miner
    Waco/Jan/Jari
    Meh
    Typh
    Cobalt

I'm not nearly involved enough in this game yet to be making rainbow walls.
    That will probably change eventually.

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

Strongly disagree.
    I don't think Vira is the type of player to push an agenda like that, to the detriment of her own towniness.

17. Jarizok

I don't have enough meta on Vira, but she would have obviously hoped to get bonus towniness for it if she did this as maf.

---------- Post automerged at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Dumbtell town cred was thrown out of the window by consensus only after she posted this after all.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Making me look at mechanics posts.
    Grumble.
    So yeah. These are pretty level one as thinking goes. But yeah, doctor is worse when there's a 2 shot hitman out there. Which scum can outbid us for.

What is not reasonable about the thought?
    Like, sure. I can look and see the threat of doctor forces hitman use. A crafty townie can do all kinds of stuff with that. But what in Vira's posts show she's thinking that way? She went one level and typed. That's more likely to come from town.
    Even beyond the rocking the boat that is an indelible part of her posts.

19. Jarizok

I just have trouble thinking of Vira as a level one thinker. She's not new. If you rule that out you end up with maf motivation.

---------- Post automerged at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

If everyone agrees this is likely Vira then I'll concede the point, but I'm careful to not underestimate her.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean, I guess I've only seen her make a terrible leroy in whatever witchhunt I was in with her.

But I'm not seeing how those could have possibly been posts for towncred. And I don't think any scum has ever openly had a "nah doctors suck" agenda.