1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's An Owners Market - Game Over!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Regfan, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

It's cool, I like having the words.

My thing about his top poster status is that he's not really saying anything. Like, skimming his posts, most of them kinda serve no purpose. He says he's getting people talking, but... I don't know. I don't really buy it as something that's alignment indicative, I guess.

This is sort of a thing, though, and I hadn't particularly considered it.

As for the second bit about his response to your Miner prod... hmm. That's an interesting way of considering that. It just kinda made me roll my eyes out the back of my head when I read it, but I can see the sense in what you're saying. It probably would have been easier for scum!Jari to have just gave either of us something that he could have reasonably thought was town from Miner (I'm not sure anything substantive exists, but he could have come up with something passable).

I'm not sure I'm sold on him as a town read, but I'm okay with not trying to lynch him today, I think.

The Waco Kid, what do you make of this?

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think that's fairly standard for Typhon as town. You've watched some of his recent games from obs, right?

This is kind of a thin read. You think he's scum because he writes long posts. What about the content of those posts?

Jan's also wordy. Is it not a scum-tell from him?

You list him as a scumread, though...

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Jan, next question - I'm not sure I see what you do in Cobalt. I get that he pinged you with his thinking regarding rolling VT not being continuous with a game you guys played together last month, but is that really the most scum indicative thing in the game so far? I know he was also snippy with tom when tom pushed back against his reads, but that feels kinda like standard Cobalt to me?

Mind elaborating on your thoughts, are do you just see those two things as more severe than I do.

---------- Post automerged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

This is a good point. I kinda didn't want to be the one who made it because I didn't want it to be received as an OMGUS sort of pushback, but Vira's reads have been pretty shallow and somewhat inconsistent. She's fallen back down from a light town read to a null read for me.

Maybe I am too wordy, but if there's any depth of thought behind Vira's reads, she's too terse for it to be seen.

Vira, you mind elaborating on your reads? All of them would be nice, but the important ones first.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Cobalt is more an annoyance at the moment.

My votes are not up to date at all.
    Not certain where to go.

My top 3 votes at this time would be Newcomb fonti and cobalt.

The first two are not around over the weekend for the most part. I am willing to give them time to answer questions eta.
    No need for votes there at the moment.

Cobalt has not said anything about leaving. Has not explained his reads, which I like even less the more reads I gather.
    I don't like his rule of three reads because it is a classic trap scum walk into without realizing it. I don't like the his reads in itself either.
    His reaction to me was nothing to me. Won't lynch him just for that.

There are more people in my null pile, but the three I mentioned here either left important things open or lacked a lot in certain aspects of their play.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Fair enough. I agree that I'm interested to see more from the three you highlighted and that they're people deserving of further scrutiny, but I'll also say outright that I'm not enthused about the idea of lynching any of them as of now - they haven't done anything sufficiently scum to warrant a lynch in absentia. Until they have a presence in the thread again, I'm pretty much writing them off.

So, with the people we do have, what are you thinking about Rubicon? Iirc you weren't particularly convinced by what I thought/think I saw, but I haven't heard much else out of you. Is he just in your big null pile, or do you have any thoughts in particular on him?

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I liked his reaction to Vira early on.

Was one of my first townleans, and thens lowly but surly faded into the background.

I don't dislike anything he has done so far, I think.

Just looked over his last couple of post because i didn't remember too many details. All his prods make sense and are reasonable, nothing negative there.

While I did read your case on Rubicon, it does not do anything for me.

Similar to how Koalas disregarded my townread on you with his response. The read itself is not something I have or would have in the same manner.
    Doesn't make it right or wrong, I just don't share it.

On the surface level Rubicon looks towny. That is all I can say about him at the moment. I don't have any hard evidence or possible slips to go against that.
    He is not too weak or overplaying anything. Stuff looks solid for now.

I don't have anything to go really really hard on anyone right now.
    But I don't feel bad on my core townreads for now, which is better for a solid PoE than having a somewhat good scumread.
    Esp since my three early scumreads last game were all town, while I will go after every gutfeeling and possible evidence, I won't force it this early into d1.
    Half of the game have barely played and there is a decent chance that 1-2 scum are inbetween them. (Talking about Fluff, Newcomb, Cobalt and Fonti - list in order of postcount lowest first).

Add Tom to the mix who likes to be somewhere in the middle of nowhere doing his own thing and can go either way almost always (at least for me).

If there are 2 scum between those 5 then we are in a good spot. If there are between 0-1 between them, then I have made some grave mistakes so far.
    Possible .. but the good part about early d1 is that you have more than enough time to change your opinion down the line.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Why would you increase the odds on daykill when scum are guaranteed to have enough money to nab it?

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

The kitten has a point.

9. Rubicon

But does the kitten have reads?

10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Alright, that's totally fair.

Thanks for the back and forth, glad to get a reasonably firm towncircle started after never managing one in SVM. I like where your head is on everything, I think.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask!

---------- Post automerged at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Err, that Jan.

11. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

It's probably just not keen on sharing, you know how kittens get. Maybe we can coax it into trusting us.

Fluff, I promise not to lynch vote you in the next 24 hours if you throw out some thoughts on people.

12. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I also talked about you a bit in the same post above my reads list, but tbh, I thought I talked about you more.

I’ve been in obs, but I don’t remember games I haven’t played in. I remember exactly two moments from my recent obs-games: some player getting banned for asking a gender-neutral option on their DLP profile and you not being scum in one game because I remember you didn’t want to be scum.

Jan always writes posts like that. I don’t consider them wordy. He writes whatever comes to mind, like the thread is his QT. As Kalas said, Typhon is overly wordy and over-explains.

Cobalt is in-between Newcomb and Font, who I placed there because they’ve left several questions hanging. Right now, I don’t consider Cobalt a lynch target, not over Typhon or Jari.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Unsure.

With one foot in my bed at the moment. Only phoneposting unless I see something urgent.

Fluff is not wrong. I mentioned the same thing earlier in one of my mechanic posts.
    One of the reasons I dislike fonti at the moment is that her mechanic talk seems good on the surface level and has a lot of flaws if you actually think about it.

Some parts of it you might want to leave out to not give scum ideas, but the vig one is a very big blunder.

That is also a reason I somewhat dislike cobalt. His early townreads.. Unless he gives good reasons a fonti townread just after mechanics talk is more than just "interesting".

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Koalas So far you've only really talked about me, besides prodding a bit at tom for throwing shade, and prodding Jarizok for nominating Fluff. How about we start with you telling me the way you're seeing the game, and then from there we can start hashing the game out, seeing where we agree and disagree. Cool?

15. Rubicon

I believe this.

However, I do remember, and from what I've seen that's just how Typhon is.

Again, this is kind of thin and superficial - and apparently more Koalas' thoughts than your own.

Have you read his overly wordy posts? Do you think he's not being active and trying to solve the game like Jan is?

That's not what you said. This is your read on Newcomb, font and Cobalt:

Your Newcomb and font reads are because you want to see more from them - but you have a specific reason to scumread Cobalt.

You think he over-reacted to his reads being questioned, and you think that's scummy. Right?

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

... When I say your using the persona as a way to avoid doing things... This is exactly what I mean

---------- Post automerged at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

So something like this then, Jan?

---------- Post automerged at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

And again I'm in the thread like: https://youtu.be/CahNAauFgys?t=8s

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Lynch Vote Count 1.4

Cobalt (4): Jan, Miner, Tom, Jarizok
    Rubicon (2): The Waco Kid, Typhon
    Typhon (2): Vira, Koalas
    Jarizok (2): Fontisian, Newcomb

Not Voting (3): Cobalt, His Fluffiness, Rubicon

Player Currently to be Lynched at Deadline: Cobalt

Elect Vote Count 1.4

Fontisian (2): Fontisian, Jan
    The Waco Kid (2): The Waco Kid, Jarizok
    His Fluffiness (1): His Fluffiness
    Miner (1): Miner
    Tom (1): Tom
    Newcomb (1): Newcomb
    Jan (1) : Typhon

Not Voting (4): Cobalt, Koalas, Rubicon, Vira

Player Currently to be Elected at Deadline: Fontisian

Day Ends in 51 hours of this post when that countdown link expires. Mid Day Update is in 3 Hours however may be posted ~20 minutes late when I sneak a work break in.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Jan, why are you still voting to elect fonti if her plan is objectively bad?

19. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

For what it's worth, I agree with you Miner point. Also, you could answer my question(s), if you were feeling bored. :p

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

In fact,
    Vote: Jan