1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Persona 5 [PS4]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Indrik

Indrik First Year

High Score:
    Personally, I'm waiting for the inevitable expanded version a year down the line or so. I made the mistake of buying the original version of Persona 4, only to later see Golden come out. Not doing that again.

2. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Makoto is a best indeed. Awakening her Persona, hnnng.

Though admittedly the older women you could romance are pretty tempting.

3. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Director of this is already onto the RE: Fantasy Atlus is doing so it's doubtful they'll do an expanded one for a fair while at least.

Add in Deep SJ, SMT Switch and Re: Fantasy + Radiant Historia's remake and Atlus are ridiculously busy at the moment.

---------- Post automerged at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

https://m.imgur.com/a/qqkjY#WBvbr1V

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Without having spoken to either yet, I'm liking Shogi girl and Makoto.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    After multiple snow storm delays it's finally in my hands. Exams start Monday. I'm not getting much studying done.

---------- Post automerged at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Chie is, and will remain, bottom tier.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Don't even bother with those exams. You're a lost cause, friend. :p

7. Gengar

High Score:
    LOL THE MAID EVENT

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I bought it on release day, haven't played yet. I know myself well enough to know that starting on it during the work week is a really bad idea. Will be no-lifing the fuck out of it once I have a couple days off though.

9. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

No save spot to turn back to in one of the dungeons, was probably one enemy away from the opponent but a trap went off and got ambushed. Squad wrecked and lost 20 minutes of dungeon crawling.

Overall not doing bad though. Playing on Hard and only died three times, really need to get some SP recovery items etc; made for future dungeon crawling.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    You want to boost Sojiro (Hiero arcana) then. Doing so lets you make SP recovery items.

Unrelated hot take on morality in this game:

I really appreciate Akechi bringing up how wrong it is to forcefully change people's emotions. Thought it was fucked up from the start. Glad to see it being addressed.

11. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Futaba's pyramid is a fucking grind. Not so much difficulty wise, more in the sense that it just seems endless. Aiming to get it done in one trip though, rotating SP adhesive through the party.

Spoiler regarding the 4th dungeon and the layout of it. More a complaint but probably don't look until you're there.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  12. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, I'm only 12 hours in, but I really like the game. Thank goodness. Everything is extremely stylized, though you get used to it and it makes the game look unique and have a certain charm. The start was really slow, but once it opened up there were almost too many options. The dungeon (I've only cleared the first one) crawling is a lot more fun and I love ambushing enemies.

It's been surprisingly dark tbh. The combat and exploration is good enough and basically Persona so no complaints there, I just hope that the plot and rest of the cast delivers. Ryuji is kinda annoying. It's the problem with silent protagonists - I feel like I have no agency.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    You're not wrong re silent protagonists. Just makes me want to write a P5 FF though...

Ryuji is the weakest cast member so far. Didn't much care for his story (he's rank 10 for me) and he's annoying as fuck.

We're doing some pretty fucked up, illegal shit! Could you please stop announcing to the world who we are, and trying to be famous, you dumbass?!

Yusuke is funny though. And he's a badass. I mean, both with the fox mask/katana aesthetics and with the huge attack and baton pass boosting into his heavy attack.

Makoto could be great too. Need to find a way to reliably burn/shock/freeze though. I had that firedog persona that has boosted chance to burn, but still wasn't great.

14. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I love Yusuke, probably my favourite teammate and one of the best squad members. Have to agree with Rising Slash, so useful for dungeon breaking. Weaken one of the smaller threats and baton pass to him to wipe out the major target.

Really going to town on buffs at the moment, which is standard MegaTen play to be fair. Rakunda into a Tarukaja on Yusuke is probably my favourite strategy in terms of dealing fast
    damage.

Will also add that I like most of the cast, Ann is a tricky one though. She seems boring?

15. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  16. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, she seems very Rise. I never found idol types interesting. At least she's not annoying like Rise though (having said that, my protag may have Rise's poster on his wall...?)

I'm liking Ryuji less and less, but I don't much care for that archtype either...

yeah, lose your temper at the suicidal girl you fucking moron.

Makoto looks to be winning the waifu wars at the moment especially after taking me on a date to a yakuza flic, lol.

Need to suss out Shogi girl though soon.

Edit: I know nothing about the issue, so not really spoilery, but just in case...

Mishima is gonna go full Yandere, isn't he?

17. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Speculating about whether Morgana's human or not is killing me. So tempted to hop on the wiki and spoil it for myself but I was strong for like 6/7 months and really don't want to start giving the plot away now.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  18. thegreatdar

thegreatdar Squib

Rank the Death confidant (Tae the nurse) to 5, and she will sell you accessories that recover SP for you every turn. Rank it up to 7 and she will sell them to you for half price.

Also fuck Morgana you stupid cat. I wanna do stuff not go to sleep

19. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Already got her at 9 and all of my team on them haha, that's just testament to how much I'm burning through the SP.

Just finished one dungeon, almost made me quit the game. It was far from bad, I just did not want to do it. Might be burning out seeing as I'm already 47 hours in.

20. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wish I could kill Morrigan and go back to the passive "I'm too tired to do that" messages. Being constantly told not to do anything by the cat is surprisingly annoying. And Ryuji, hoo boy. Does he have an IQ of 80 or something? He's an annoying thug who wants fame and women. Not a fan. The previous dudebro characters weren't this annoying.

I really thought I'd like Ann more. She's probably the dullest character so far. Her best point is that she's supposedly from Finland XD I don't know, Rise did the model/idol thing better. Even though Makoto hasn't even officially joined me yet, guess she's leading the waifu wars... can't wait to do her s link.

The first day or two were slow, but I've been playing 6 hours a day for the last three days.