1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Persona 5 [PS4]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow, Kohryu is an awesome 'infinite' Persona. Super powerful - you get him after max Hiero - not too difficult to fuse (esp with rank 10 str if you're low level, but that'll be pricey...) and has great boss killing and trash killing potential.

He naturally gets severe single target and heavy aoe Psy, an ability that restores 8% hp/sp after every battle and the half cost on all sp spenders too.

He also gets concentrate, which 'more than doubles' power of next attack.

Useless against psy resisters though obvs, lol.

I'm working my way to Yoshigod again (dunno if he's still god, lol). Need Morgana 10 though. I'm close!

(edit: Kohryu also has psy 50% amp. Mines got auto mataru too)

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Power Charge/Concentrate is 2.5x damage as usual.

Yoshi is op as ever. Hassou Tobi for life. He's the Persona with the highest offensive power.

Maxed a few party member confidants. Actually super disappointed that their new Personas still have weaknesses. Yeah they learn evade <weakness element>, but it still sucks.

3. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What happens after Palace 6 is amazing. Lasts just a bit too long, but might be my favorite moment in all of Persona otherwise.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    very awesome. Very Ocean's Eleven. The 'how' is a little too convoluted for my liking, but the 'what', as in the plan, was incredible.

5. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Palace Seven is stressing me out. Not difficulty wise, cruising through it has been fairly easy. It's just the gap between Safe Rooms being 30-40 minutes has me freaking out in the final 10 as to whether I'll get there or not.

I'll probably push on to the 3/4 point before I leave it to actually set up some good Persona's. Haven't been as fussed with customisation in this run, so long as I could keep Marakukaja and Marakunda on hand I was pretty happy.

Short term strat will probably be get up Justine/Caroline's confidant and go from there. I'm tempted to try and make a good level 50/60 Arsene through Gallows but it's too much work as it stands.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  6. Gengar

High Score:
    Secretly, one of my favourite parts of Persona games is going on huge Fusion trains to fill out my list...

Still can't make Yoshi though. I think I need to max Morgana to get the magician persona i need :(

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    About halfway through Persona 5.

So far...it's my favorite among the series and perhaps one of my favorite video games of all time. So much depth and character development. Even characters I detest like Ryuuji have growth. That said, cannot stand to talk with him. He's like an even more stupid version of Naruto only with Malfoy's self esteem issues.

Also, definitely agree that Makoto is pushed as the canon waifu. Looking at it, there were several anime scenes where it the protagonist seemed to stand closer to her or catch her in flight.

Makoto/Joker OTP. Just saying.

There is just so much subtley and depth to this game. It is slowly becoming my favorite game of all time. That said...I just recently played Mass Effect: Andromeda so that might be causing me to view this game even higher than it should. Easily a 9/10. If you're notplaying it...fix that.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Ok, PSA if you're trying to 100% in one playthrough.

I'll keep names out of it to avoid spoilers I guess.

It seems that you can't really hang out with Moon in December. I've maxed everyone else that isn't story related, but Moon seemed to have just stopped wanting to hang while at rank 7 after the sixth palace.

I'm approaching the seventh palace rapidly, everything might be fixed after that, but Moon seems to be the only one I can't do anything with at this time...

I only say it's not a spoiler btw because there's seemingly no story reason for it. I've got no requests pending, so yeah. Maybe I turned his messages down too many times? Lol

We all seem to be around the same point in the game, so maybe someone can assuage my fears or can avoid this - if I did fuck up - themselves.

I got the book/hangouts/batting/fishing/reaper trophies though while I'm doing fuck all. Gonna try for the video game ones too.

9. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Moon and Sun have earlier deadlines to max than the rest. I've heard the sixth palace deadline thrown around a lot for these two.

100% on your first playthrough is both impossible (there is some ng+ exclusive content) and very hard without a guide. If you don't have time for two playthroughs and want to see all the content, use a guide I guess, but those guides are so god damn micromanaging it doesn't even feel like you're playing anymore. The freedom to think and make your choices yourself is a big part of what makes the game fun.

On my first playthrough I decided to just go for one girl, but god damn that was a hard decision to keep. I actually felt bad turning down some of these women.

60 hours in, early September, level 37. I love how long the game is.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    100% slinks i mean.

11. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Maxed out Caroline and Justine, took about an hour and 200k but now have a LVL 74 Siegfried who's wiping everything out with Charge>Vorpal Blade and Auto Matarukaja. Fun but also a mite bit too easy.

I didn't get Sun done in time, I'm not too fussed though. It is what it is.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  12. Arthellion

High Score:
    For those who have reached it, what all carried over onto new game plus? Just your persona's? Your level? Social stats? Confidants?

Honestly hope social stats carry over. That way I can spend more time building relationshps with people as opposed to grinding out my stats...

13. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Money, social stats, compendium, some benefits of confidantes depending on the confidant and if you meet them in the epilogue, the fusions you've unlocked, the items. I think that's all?

14. Arthellion

High Score:
    Oh beautiful! More time I can spend with people in my second play through. Thanks! Was worried I'd have to keep doing that dang big burger challenge over and over again..

15. Gengar

High Score:
    The big one is social stats. You don't realise how much free time you have with that already maxed out.

16. Arthellion

High Score:
    Just finished main story. No spoilers...but dat plot twist was sexy.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Fuck off making me wait this long for Yoshi...

I didn't go for everything immune like in p4g, but rather evade build for more offensive utility. Honestly not sure if they all stack...

[​IMG]

Angelic Grace doubles evasion against all elements. Ali Dance reduces my opponent's accuracy by half. Last stand boosts evasion by 30% if I let myself get ambushed.

Kinda might get Arms Master on there instead of last stand or fast heal. Depends on how good my evasion performs.

Could even equip an evasion accessory too. Using a +5 stats to everything one atm.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Donezo. But not really, because I'm sick and I need to platinum games I love.

WTF ATLUS. Why can't i live happily ever after with my friends?! My parents shipped me off in both 4 and 5, yet I'm inexplicably going back to them in both? Fuck that noise!

It looks like there's no story incentive to getting max s-links like in 4? Unless doing that is necessary for the secret boss I heard about?

Anyway, I don't wanna say anything about the story, but as much as I'd play the fuck out of another arena ultimax or dancing game... Get working on 6 plz...

19. Arthellion

High Score:
    Personally,

My head canon is I stay with Boss and continue my education. Continue being a phantom thief. Boss views me as the son he never had. Futaba is my little sister. Makoto and I stay in touch. I later join her at her college. We graduate. Get married. Boss retires and leaves Le Blanc to me. Makoto joins the police force and becomes commissioner. The phantom thieves help her catch criminals. Life ends well.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol. I guess that's what fanfiction is for.