1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General Mafia Discussion

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Thanks!

/10

2. Thingyman

Thingyman Muggle

UPDATE ON MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally, the plan was for this season to feature 135 communities. We will now have 165 participating communities, which means that this season alone we will have more different communities represented than all other seasons combined. Approximately 60 communities are participating for the very first time. Of the returning communities, about a dozen of them are resending a previous representative, while the rest are all sending fresh faces.

As a result of how big this season has gotten, we'll have more games to look forward to than ever before. We will have 11 qualifying games, 2 wildcard games and 1 finale game = 14 games in total.

All kinds of communities are partipating. Besides the sites dedicated specifically to mafia, we have forums dedicated to popular entertainment, sports, poker, board games, online games, video games, role playing, LEGO, personality type testing, stick figure animations, science, atheism, music, mathematics, comics, students, etc. Some of these communities started playing mafia more than a decade ago; Others just started this year.

Despite this being a forum event, we will also have communities that play the game via various chat clients (Discord, Telegram, IRC, custom, etc.) and via webcam (with games often streamed on Twitch.tv). And not least, there are communities centered around mafia game variants that you can buy on Steam (Town of Salem and Throne of Lies).

This season will also have the biggest international scope yet. For the very first time we will have representatives from Romania, Hungary, Chile, Portugal, Ukraine and Czechia as well as our first person representing a Japanese community. We even have our first Native American.

In addition to this, we of course welcome back countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, Indonesia, South Africa and Ireland, meaning that we'll have more than 20 different countries represented in total.

Next update: I am hoping very much I will have all the info I need from all of the representatives by Wednesday at the latest next week. Assuming I do, I will schedule all the qualifying games on this day and get back to you with your representative's start date.

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

No fanfiction!?

Thanks for the update though.

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I feel like in your bio etc. it's really up to you how much you want to talk up your accolades, but I think it'd be interesting to see your philosophy as a player summarized.

"Forcing scum playing well to constantly and continuously keep acting like town. The words people use ultimately don't matter that much. You have to look at the mindset a post is coming from."

"Everything in mafia is about the mindset involved."

"Every flip, every vote cast, every vote /not/ cast is a data point where you're slowly adjusting them towards figuring out the game."

"Getting shot N1 is a badge of honor sometimes, it just starts getting annoying when it happens 10-12 town games in a row."

"Poke the null reads with sticks until they aren't null reads."

"Day One is why I love larger games. I get flips and go back and fill in the pieces, and the scum just start revealing themselves to me in a blur of color."

"Never. Give. Up."

- Eido things

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I mean .. yes you can be honest about things .. or just ask someone fun to write something stupid.

Why would you give people an honest heads-up about you? That does not sound clever to me.

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Who said I'm clever?

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I mean, someone stupid already wrote something fun.

8. Eidolonic

For the record this was almost eerie to read. I'm guessing those are all things I've said at some point? They sound like things I've said at some point.

9. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Yeah, it's just a collection of quotes from your mentor QT with Proph. I don't see any of them besides the perpetually-dying-N1 one as specific enough to be disadvantageous sentiments to include. The second to last one is my favorite.

Sounds like Jan volunteered to write something amusing though!

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You could always do I did and submit a dumb gif for the bio section. :p

11. Eidolonic

A dumb gif, you say.

Paging Newcomb.

This seems like your specialty.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'll be representing GTF again, so here's hoping we get a game together Eido :)

---------- Post automerged at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Ooh, it would be super fun if y'all would help me with my bio for this year too.

---------- Post automerged at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

except I had a bunch of garbage games here recently so nvm sorry I'm trash rip

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

NATIONALITY: The best, really.

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): So long ago your head would spin.

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: A tremendous amount of them.

BIO: "Eido is [...] he's always town." - Prophylaxis

"Talk up your accolades" - Delphine.

"If he's alive past N1 he's scum." - Kalas

"[...] Does not sound clever to me" - Jan

"I'd love to see Eido" - Regfan

"You." - Prime Intellect

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

NATIONALITY: Reddit

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): me too, thanks

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Reddit

BIO:

[​IMG]

15. KaiDASH

You forgot the gif.

[​IMG]

16. Eidolonic

Can you make Lock him up gifs for every other player in my game once the games are revealed?

17. KaiDASH

I suppose so.

You need to supply the pictures you want to get LOCKED UP though.

18. Eidolonic

That I can do.

---------- Post automerged at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Alternatively, http://i.imgur.com/IAKRJlR.gif gifs.

19. KaiDASH

Lettuce not and say we did.

20. Eidolonic

Vaimes representing MTGS, so a non-zero chance there will be some overlap somewhere.