1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

No. Just worthy of lots of scrutiny.

Provided there's a base for it beyond generic strong player paranoia.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I suppose but if a witch gets lynched and the witches don't kill the GD then you allow the village to start trying to make associations and I would imagine that is one of the few advantages the witches have over your average wolf team is that the village here can't do that barring the gravedigger being a villager and alive.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The gravedigger early claim is indeed a check on scum!gravedigger or scum!apprentice (remember, a scum!apprentice would know the gravedigger's identity anyway). There were a number of games lost because a witch who was not the gravedigger was able to claim it and manufacture results. Our ideas of the gamestate as we go will depend heavily on the gravedigger's info and whether we trust them. By outing them early, we can begin to figure out if we should trust them more easily and prevent things like the towniest witch claim the role to mess with out etc. The witches usually do not go for a gravedigger kill early, because of the apprentice and the fact that they aren't the priest. In the event that the gravedigger dies n1, we can then assume apprentice is scum and take that claim away from the scum team.

---------- Post automerged at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

I agree with Von wrt Rubicon. I also got an icky feeling from his response to my miner read.

I feel relatively certain Miner is mafia and Vira is town.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Cool, so we're lynching Miner.

---------- Post automerged at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

Wait, Vira is also my only townread.

Ugh.

5. fontisian

<3

Meow.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Miner's response to Newcomb's poking makes them unaligned, yes?

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 ----------

I just want to trust Newcomb from the get-go without having to beat him over the head until his alignment falls out.

7. fontisian

Ehhhhhhh.

I don't really like how different it was from his response to me.

---------- Post automerged at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Also, Newcomb laid a soft defense out for him, so no, no town cred for newcomb.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm trying to think through all the scenarios.

Town Miner having different reactions to two sources of suspicion in RVS/pregame is the least likely one here, imo. Being jokey with you and serious with Newcomb when you both basically did the same thing is odd, especially when Newcomb didn't even vote or press the issue.

I want to say that his response to Newcomb would be a really weird ww interaction. Should be easy to brush off an incredibly light accusation like that,

---------- Post automerged at 02:01 ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 ----------

Entirely possible that Miner and font finally rolled scum together.

I have an easier time seeing scum!Miner being lighthearted with a buddy and then serious/snappy with a townie. Especially when that townie is Newcomb.

9. fontisian

I mean, it wasn't really an accusation from newcomb.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Miner reacted like it was.

11. fontisian

Read it again. I don't think he did.

12. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I won't get in the way of your Miner wagon right now, since you have a history of reading him decently well.

However, I am mildly skeptical that scum-miner's instant reaction to you asking him if he's mafia in RVS is to wagon you. That's the sort of thing that we all want to believe and hope for but rarely happens in reality.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

For context, and to save everyone the trouble of clicking around.

Miner/font

---

Miner/Newcomb

Underlined is, hm. Maybe not an accusation, but it's also not a townread. It's suspicion, which always feels like a threat when you're scum.

But yeah, difference is pretty stark.

---------- Post automerged at 02:18 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

I don't think it's alignment indicative. Wanting to wagon font is easy enough to fake and very chic.

14. fontisian

Miner's response had a kind of exasperated vibe to it, if that makes sense. I could see it as a reaction to a partner.

Rubicon, would you really describe that as a wagon? Really? Because I see it as wish that he could just get rid of me Day 1, a sentiment that von is familiar with.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Why would he be exasperated with his partner?

16. fontisian

It wasn't directed at newcomb in that interpretation so much as the game as a whole. Newcomb's post was relevant only because he called miner's behavior weird in general, which miner then took as an opportunity to express his overall annoyance and try to defuse some pressure.

I'm still mulling it over, tbh, that's just one thing I can see.

To add on the thing with Rubicon, in the past town!Miner has joked about lynching me and how it would be! and come on guys, it'll be great! This attitude is nothing like that.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

So is it a reaction to a partner, or a reaction to the gameflow?

---------- Post automerged at 02:34 ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 ----------

Like if Miner's annoyed at the game, then how can you specifically see his post as a reaction to a partner?

I could understand if you said something like, "Newcomb popped in, called Miner weird, and then did nothing about it. That's scummy," but you didn't.

18. fontisian

Newcomb didn't call miner weird though, he soft defended him by saving it would be weird fir miner to do this as scum.

For the first thing, idk, scum chat. I can totally see miner freaking out about being caught already in scum chat, complaining about bring caught for the wrong reasons, and then remembering that when a partner mentioned him.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah okay I'm going to bed now.

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

To be clear, are you saying you think w/w is the most likely interpretation? Or just that you aren't willing to call the interaction unaligned.

---------- Post automerged at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

You managed to clear yourself in like 3 posts, no wonder you have trouble winning as mafia.