1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned. (Matthew 12:36-37)

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm all right with Atum so far.

3. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Thank you, for this useful and relevant content. I'll keep this in mind moving forward. That being said, I still want him excommunicated, exiled, then captured and hung as is the birthright of a witch.

I disagree with your conclusion that those are not image conscious posts, they are in fact indicative (138) of the fact that he is aware of his reputation, not meeting it and plans to attempt to reach said standards later. I may be missing your point though since I lost track of what you were saying after you went into his vulnerabilities.

Also what does the bold text mean? And those last couple sentences too I guess.

Vira: I'd say that hurts, but I'm the one in a suit so that's actually pretty cool.

---------- Post automerged at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

That is just SUPER! I'm alright with you too Rubicon 900xLi- I mean Rubi!

Just kidding, this was a very human post. Little deadpan but yugely human.

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    WIIIITCH??!!%??

I want to play Bloodborne.

Why?

5. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Who doesn't love getting graded on their Witchunt efforts?

Back you Rubi.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I don't think I have ever seen Atum with this much energy.

I am surprised in the positives way possible.

Not sure if it makes him town or if the break from witchhunt was what he needed.

7. Jarizok

I'm home now. Prepare to give me a full score Atum. Yours insights better be worth it.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "Many of us are by the fire forsaken.
    I speak of thine kind, and mine.
    Behold this city! We are kindred, belike two eyes which gaze upon the other.
    Fear not, the dark, my friend.
    And let the feast begin." (Locust 3:1)

9. Atum

Ooooh I'm all aflutter. Let me see those fundamentals, my man.

Matter of fact, I'll give you a little teaser. Light townlean on Rubi, opposite with Jan, but the outlook has improved.

---------- Post automerged at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

Hi! Idk wtf you're doing but it sure is interesting. What is this heretical scripture you've been quoting from?

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Re:vulnerability
    -> The game people have most of their familiarity with him from is a game here where he replaced in on page 50 and had been closely following, which will inflate expectations of what he'll sound like regardless. I also recall him saying in the past that he tends to butt heads with people over his playstyle regardless of his alignment early in the game and often feels more comfortable coming in as a replacement. I think he'd particularly want as scum to give some sort of early game-related content to get ahead of the curve. His posts yesterday struck me as someone excited to jump in (he has a strong alignment preference for town); think he'd be more careful in general as a witch.

I feel like Jan's and your points against him miss the forest for the trees. Only concern on my end is that my forest may be overly projected.

Good talk.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    And delphine has already done more than she did in the one other game I played with her.

12. Atum

Interesting, and I can sorta see where you're coming from w/r/t towny enthusiasm as well as high expectations. But the stuff in bold is like exactly what he did, pushing for early, relevant content that didn't necessarily need to be discussed in pre-game. Plus it was just soooo weird. So that's a thing, yeah?

Also could you please answer my other question about the stuff I bolded from your last response? Still curious about your wording.

---------- Post automerged at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Fable! Hey Fable! Pay attention to me, I want to know your mind and take it for my own.

(AKA: sheep meh)

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Sheeping people is generally not a thing I do.

14. Atum

Well I had to ask. What's that funky junky heretical mess of a scripture you've been quoting from?

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "One was a wayfaring knight, on an endless, forbidden search.
    Only the Abyss granted closure, if not reunion with his beloved.
    Fear not, the dark, my friend.
    And let the feast begin." (Locust 3:2)

16. Atum

Yeah that. It's suitably horrifying I suppose. Did you write it yourself?

17. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Shiny

I like this version better: "I will cut off sorceries from your hand, And you shall have no soothsayers." also Micah 5:12

18. Jarizok

Optimal Scumhunting - An essay by Jarizok von Witchhunt VIII

When one ventures into the scumhunting business, one must be intimately familiar with the basic steps before anything else, for which I have crafted the following mnemonic: W.I.T.C.H

Imagine if you will, the following scenario.

You find yourself in a town like any other, going about your business. When suddenly, without any prior warning (or alternatively, you missed the sign up sheet) DESTINY CALLS. A murder has taken place, and witchcraft was involved. This is your calling, your time to shine: you get instigate hangings by way of mob mentality. And kill the bad guys.

But how do you find the bad guys? Sure, some civilian casualties are only to be expected, and will surely be forgiven, as long as Witchcraft gets vanquished. There's not a pointy hat in sight, so you fall back to plan B: interrogation.

Step 1: What does not belong?
    When talking to villagers, try to get them to open up to you. Get to know them. Make sure they don't stick with monosyllabic answers. Just keep this up, and eventually someone will say something that DOES NOT BELONG. It may be because the villager you've come is not someone to say that particular thing. It may be something the villager has no business knowing. It may be as simple as the villager saying something you don't agree with.

Whatever it was, it got your attention. You're onto something. Good job you!

You now proceed to step 2

Step 2: Is it possible this is coming from a town mindset?
    Before you, you have a potential Witch. Before you engage the witch, and call them out on their wicked ways, you have to make sure there is a case to be made.

After all, you are not the only Scumhunter out for glory. What if they think YOU are a witch? That must not happen, so you must be composed at all times. Make sure you are able to state a clear case as to why the thing from before could not possibly have been said by someone concerned about their fellow man.

Proceed to step 3

Step 3: Test, Test,Test
    In your mind, it all made sense. It was crystal clear how things were. How they had to be. Inevitably, at some point in your career, you will run into someone who just had a thought that you had not yet had.

Oh. So maybe they're not evil incarnate?

In order to avoid hangin the occasional innocent, you let the target defend itself. You judge their case with your follow scumhunters, all the while keeping your out for the secret compatriots of evil.

And you were not wrong. Of course you weren't wrong. You are now utterly convinced your target is demonspawn.

Proceed to step 4

Step 4: Cast your vote
    Now, many associates of mine will tell you this is the easiest step. "Just say the words" they'll say, "Lynch: X". And they are not wrong that that is all that is necessary. The true greats in the scumhunting business though, their votes are no necessity. No dear reader, their votes are art. So moving you cannot help but follow in their wake. We call these legendary voters "Town Leaders". One day, if you but follow my instructions, you may ascent to their ranks.

But first, proceed to step 5

Step 5: Hang the witch
    If you have done your job well, it should now be clear to all present that the creature in your midst was secretly a W.I.T.C.H. all along! You find the tallest tree, you tie the toughest rope, and you throw the thrash in where it belongs once it's taken its last breath.

Repeat steps 1 through 5 until victorious.

19. Atum

Holy crap man.

20. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Now is the Avada Kedavra for the lynch fluffy or for the Bible verse? (It's important)

I think that depends on the person. People like JP spew mafia pretty easily.

Do you say this in all your games or not really? I guess I'm asking if you have a truth meta or not.