1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

How's that working out for you?

Yeah, that.

I'm like 50% serious with this question, but Miner were you drunk for the first couple hours of the game or something?

Not a huge fan of owner's thread entrance. It's... the post she's responding to come from all over the thread, not just the first page or anything. I get no peek at all into her head where I feel like I get why those things interested her or she wanted to comment on them for reasons beyond like, 'omgsorandomRVSlol' and from what I recall of owner's towngame, she's fluffy, but she's not... that? idk

How does stress translate to the posts you were making early this game?

his fluffiness - how did Jan's post to Rubicon come across as defending you? Like, to me, trying to put myself in your shoes, I see Rubicon saying "fluff should really try hard this game," and Jan going "nah he's going to do what he's going to do, just read him based on that."

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Do you?

3. Newcomb

implying I'm wrong?

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm just poking fun at you while I'm not totally sober.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Haven't been able to get access to a laptop at my relatives but I'll be home in ~3 hours and will be able to sit down at home and get to this properly then.

6. Newcomb

Aw.

Missed you, Vaimes.

<3

(p.s. read me strongly, correctly, and early this game, please and thank you. No pressure!)

7. Rubicon

Pretty well, actually.

I don't think he's done anything alignment-indicative yet, but he is an active presence in the thread.

This is a decent point.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Hey! Actuallt this reminds me of a thought from my notes earlier. Can you give me your thoughts on owner's 110 & 114?

---------- Post automerged at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------
    Rubicon, can you give me your thoughts on Fable, including his interaction with me this morning

9. Rubicon

Sure, hang on while I do his ISO.

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Dunno, just people sayin to leave me alone is weird for me.

It was also a vote cause I can never let Jarizok forget. Never.

11. Newcomb

Not to put words in Jan's mouth, but the sentiment, and I agree with him, is moreso that yelling at you to make your thoughts and mindset more transparent and/or to put more work into the game isn't exactly productive. You're gonna do what you're gonna do, in my experience, so if you're town here you'll have to either just get randomly spewed via interactions or mechanically cleared. Not ideal, but such is the world we live in.

I mean, feel free to defy expectations, but.

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

We shall see whether expectations will be defied.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

What Newcomb said, my head's bruised from beating it against this wall

---------- Post automerged at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------
    Newcomb, ICYMI I had a question for you in #488

14. Rubicon

I think your line "it does ping me a tiny bit" is about the level of confidence I would assign to him being mafia right now based on those interactions... I'm pinged a bit more by his posts about miner and fonti - since that is the primary meat of his ISO at this point and the level of defense isn't really justified from Miner's posts imo.

How about you? Did his response sound plausible to you?

15. Newcomb

Variations on a theme.

The one exception being her question to Miner in 110.
    Which is, hm.

Assuming witch!Miner for a second, I wonder how bally owner would be to so obviously shift gears to her partner when in RVSbullshitmode.

Tend to think that's on the unlikely side? I feel like you'd really be aware of doing that, as a witch here.

Assuming town!Miner, it's maaaaaaybe a little more like, subtly piling on to someone who's getting early pressure / perhaps feeling a bit of pressure yourself to contribute "real" things now that Things Are Happening?

If owner's a villager here, it's an odd look, because again, why the one-time shift to a real question and then right back to spamming nonsense? It doesn't feel like I can make that work as an organic thought when I put myself in her shoes.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I mean you are not wrong.

There is also the fact that I think that I am capable of reading fluff a little bit and I know him to be a holy man.

But even without those things your points were the baseline of my response.

17. Rubicon

Would still like for Delphine to elaborate on her HF read.

18. Newcomb

Kinda interested in this but if you want it to happen one way or another, you're going to have to take off your Kai Pants and actually rally the troops.

Like, my mentality here is at about a 6.5/10 on the interest level, kind of a "huh, okay."

Just FYI.

Vira/Delphine not w/w for this. Feel like it's something Vira would ask in scumchat first, and not something Vira would then subsequently fake asking about in the thread.

Just kinda bookmarking this, might want to come back to it in a second.

Think I mentioned it last night but this is a fairly villagery post from Vira. I /think/, that from last game, Vira would have gotten a fairly comprehensive idea of scary and well-regarded Regfan is as town, and poking him in this way is therefore just not something I see wolf!Vira doing here. W/w Reg/Vira. Ehh. That's not impossible?

Still think on balance the thought Vira's getting into here just reads pure, like you can see into her head.

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Has Cobalt really not posted yet?

[​IMG]

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

His response to me this morning was ok-ish. Not enough to take me off my "ping", but enough to let me back-burner it for a while pending further events, especially as he claimed to be a slow starter.

But then later we have

which is w/e especially given the earlier exchange, but then he posts

in which I don't get why he kinda made a big deal about volunteering it, and thought it was a bit large given his previous thoughts.

I agree there's seems to be a conviction there that seems beyond what I'd expect given Miner's posts and Fable lack of familiarity with the miner/Fonti duo. His repeated questions about the two of them interspersed with his push, make me afraid he's building an out.

All in all, I have more suspicion than concrete atm, so probably between FoS & LS, with my full attention.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Much as I can appreciate Frozen as a movie, I'm not frozen.

Carry on.

I'll be back on Sunday.