1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Jarizok what were you wolf reading waco for earlier?

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Some small things ..

I get that Cobalt should always be a null read because he has no posts.

But like having him in the same place as Kai and Fonti is weird (same for Koalas but I haven't made up my mind on him yet myself).

Regfan - How do you have Miner as top scum and decide to vote for him here, but have no actual read on Fonti yet?

In addition to that you agree with all of her townreads she gave early on (outside of Von who you have not read yourself yet), but you still have her just somehwere in the neutral pile?

Can you elaborate on your reasoning for that read?

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Jan - It's pretty clear that I divide players into three categories when making most of my reads lists; players I've got a town read on, players I don't really have a read on and players I've got a scum read on.

I still haven't got a decent enough feel for Kai yet to get a good read on him, hoping he actually elaborates on his own reads in a little more detail otherwise I may need to take a look at some of his meta to get a better idea of his alignment here but for now he goes into the null pile, similarly I haven't seen anything alignment indicative from Koalas.

I don't do reads on players based around the alignment of another player in the game; ie. If I think X/Y are unaligned and I think X is scum Y doesn't become a town read until I actually get confirmation that X is scum. Pretty much here I like Fontis push on Miner but outside of that there's not enough that I'm willing to take the leap and call her town yet, want to see more from her.

---------- Post automerged at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

When you get some spare time would like you to actual comment on some of the reads I did elaborate on in more detail ie. Jarizok/Rubicon/Fluff/Miner etc. and wouldn't mind hearing where/why your reads differ from mine if they do.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I feel better about Waco than I did last game, I am slightly paranoid about his "easy" townread on me.

I don't think I have been as town as I have in the game before, but like .. I somewhat doubt he would give me that read as scum when I got paranoid about him with the way he talked to/about me d1 last game.

---------- Post automerged at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Oh you are still around.

Didn't bother to refresh.

My point was more that she gave the following reads :
    Atum, Delphine, Vira , Von town.
    Miner scum (Rubicon scum, not sure if i remember that correctly?!)

You basically agree with all of them, which would be a sign that she is either town or townsiding at the moment.
    It is not only Miner and her not being w/w, it is more the fact that she gave the same reads you have before you made them (which means she did not just sheep you).

Will look at the people you mentioned in a moment.

---------- Post automerged at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

The easy one is Jari.

I agreed with basically everything Kai said to you about Jari.

I thought early on that disagreeing with every single one of your reads there is was and I am very unsure if that is him trying to diminish towns effectivness or just honest opinion.
    Pretty much null on him right now.

I don't know his scumgame and I haven't had anything that was for sure town from him.

Miner is just .. you guys might be right, but I basically read miner scummy every game we play and am not willing to trust that read at all.

His reaction to Newcomb while being over the top was just truthful, I think.
    He did visit harvard a couple of weeks ago during another game. So yeah him being busy with the college stuff seems right, but it just is NAI.

I am willing to listen to town and let it play out, but I have no need to jump in when I don't feel good about reading him either way.

I like Rubicons playstyle a bit .. seems a bit more loose than before. Not in a reckless way .. just closer to what I think he wants to be perceived as.

To your points.
    1) Is something between useless and stupid for me. You read him scummy because you think me as scummy. Pointless to even talk any further about.

2) Valid. Unsure what to make of it.

3) Not a strong reason to scumread him, all 3 of those are somewhat strong read by most of the people in the game. Didn't bother to look at the exact timing of the reads, but if it was after most of those reads happened, then it is nothing.
    The only interesting one is the Miner one, because if Miner is town then Rubicons doubt could make him look better later on.
    If Miner is scum then Rubicon has no reason to hold back with the pressure on Miner already.
    So that read by Rubicon is only interesting to look at if Miner is town.

Summary : While I can see where your Rubicon thoughts are coming from, they are not fully thought through. There is a good chance of him as town being cautious with those reads (your 3rd point). He has not a lot of reason as scum to only give slight townreads on them when everybody and their mother have called them town already.
    Keeping an option open is one thing, but not on people no one else is paranoid on. Not while he has a fairly hard townread on me that people are more likely to be paranoid on.

---------- Post automerged at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Oh I might have confused A post by Rubicon and Waco I just realized.

Have to recheck why and where I messed that up, but I thought of Rubicons townread on me when I was talking about Waco right there.
    Which makes the Waco statement somewhat pointless, unless he made a similar post and that is why I confused them.

Will recheck that.

---------- Post automerged at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

Oh, sorry!

Fonti is likely town. Either that or making a point out of townsiding so far.

That post was more me making fun of fonti. She tends to outlevel herself a lot of times and look like a fool to every person watching just by not caring/explaining her reads or thoughts.

Which is a fun way to level your play, but is mostly frustrating for the people playing with you.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Some quick stuff while I'm at work:

I think Von is extremely town, and would point to his approach to me and miner as example. Note that while agreeing with me on miner's scumminess, he was still paranoid about my alignment. This paranoia was not execessive, and he prodded me several times to try to resolve it.

Delphine's defense of reg was both towny and compelling. I don't think she would take that approach as mafia nor do I think she would use the bible thing to give reads.

I subsequently have a light town read on Reg, and find myself generally agreeing with his analysis.

Atum is pretty far outside of his scum range, in activity, tone and content.

I am strategically withholding my thoughts on Jan.

I feel vaguely positively about Kai's read of me and Jari questioning the Newcomb reads.

I will probably look into lynching Fable and Rubicon at a later date.

Newcomb is uh, a little towny? I disliked his entrance and liked some of his analysis yesterday.

No reads on Cobalt, Owner, waiting on Miner to do something, I think that's everyone?

---------- Post automerged at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Oh yeah, Waco. I could kill Waco, shrug.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Rereading Waco .. yeah I somehow confused the Rubicon post for Waco. NAI in that case, but rereading Waco makes me have warm thoughts anyway.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hi fontisian. Your two scumreads are fable and Rubi?

8. fontisian

No, my scumread is miner.

---------- Post automerged at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Oh, forgot fluff too. Fluff is null.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I feel like someone is mad I'm not sheeping them.

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So you believe Fluff and Miner are scum together?

Please don’t bet my game over a read not even two days into the game.

Agree with this.

<3 <---

</3

Have to go out, will make a better post later.

11. fontisian

Uh, Vira is town. Look man, I'm phone post while working.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alive, awake and catching up. Will have thoughts up soon!

13. fontisian

Stop that.

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Quoi? /10chars

15. Delphine

Delphine First Year

fonti, to what extent is your Waco read predicated on miner being scum?

---------- Post automerged at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

One whose heart is corrupt does not prosper;
    one whose tongue is perverse falls into trouble. (Proverbs 17:20)

16. Koalas

High Score:
    So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? (Romans 2:3)

17. Delphine

Delphine First Year

All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. [...] (John 16:1)

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Koalas are you actually catching up? How far in are you atm?

19. Koalas

High Score:
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled. (Mathew 5:6)

---------- Post automerged at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Read 552 its not that far up.

20. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Sooo, I don't know what this means. I also didn't read almost 7K posts, but you got a lot of praise for that scumgame.

---------- Post automerged at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

You should have done it reverse alphabetically. Having Vaimes and Vira up top would have been at least somewhat believable.

---------- Post automerged at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

I don't think Waco has been particularly wolfy. I just hadn't townread him sufficiently to ignore you putting him in your towncircle early. But then that last post was pretty good so I put in Owner instead.