1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Don't expect you to read the whole thing just ISO me.

---------- Post automerged at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Jarizok please don't tell me you're trying to make association reads d1.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

It's just that you said you'd catch up before. You didn't. And it's been a while again without any catch up posts.

---------- Post automerged at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

I just wanted to get in a full scumguess for fun. Obviously I don't think I solved the game already.

Although it's not impossible. I'm pretty good.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I suppose the worst part is save for me and maybe fluffy I don't even hate the guess.:facepalm

---------- Post automerged at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

If I don't see a wall from koalas soon we gonna have problems.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Who is that referring to and why?

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

What did you mean by this?

---------- Post automerged at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

I think the source of my disagreement on the Miner case is his response to Newcomb about being stressed out by IRL stuff and then his follow-up that he wouldn't use that to defend scummy play, only weirdness and "lolcatting."

People call this overly defensive, overly reactive, which is true - however there are two possibilities here. One is he is a lying witch who is frozen and panicking and posting random crap. The other is that he is telling the truth about being stressed out and/or distracted from the game.

Unless we are going to argue that stress doesn't impact play like that, I don't think I can assume one is more likely than the other.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Read my post history. I'm doing what I can with the time I have.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Fonti.

The phrasing of "I'll look into lynching fable at a later date" is fairly terrible. That doesn't feel like a real read.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

And why do you think you are not sheeping her?

She gave 4 (?) townreads and you took 3 of them in your big town readslist.

You both have Rubicon in your scum suspects.

She has basically not read on Waco Fluff or me .. or at least hasn't read any of us in a manner that matters.

So basically all the people you both have read so far you agree on.

Considering the fact that you have not given reasons for your reads ..

Could you say "baaaahh" for me?

Asking for a friend.

9. Rubicon

KaiDASH is probably a witch since I'm town. Also he posted reads, which is never a good sign.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Do you think she should have a strong townread on you or Rubicon right now?

If the anwser is yes, then please tell me why.

The phrase basically says that you are both people she is not townreading at all and has to take a look at again to verify her feelings before pushing it.

What about that read is terrible what about that is a read?

11. Rubicon

Was mainly agreeing with your reaction to #93 and after thinking about it more I don't think it's alignment-indicative. (I disagree with Delphine that HF being happy/spammy early on is a scum indicator.)

I read HF through how he scumhunts, and he hasn't done much of that yet.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Something something ... Kai really likes Witchhunt and I am fairly certain that he would have played the game as either alignment.

Doesn't mean he is town, but you should not condemn him because he is playing.
    Esp since you started the game by requesting Fluff to play.

(I think this is 90% a joke, but it still feels wrong considering your request towards fluff early on)

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Talking about the miner read specifically.

14. Rubicon

Disagree, considering my reaction to your start was very much in line with his, I don't find it hard to believe.

Also, you kind of glossed over probably the strongest point he made about your opening: "Regfan knows this and I have trouble thinking town!regfan would give other people such an easy entry into the game without knowing their alignment."

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't think I should be a strong v read for her but she's also barely talked to me and hasn't given any indication she's been reading my posts, I think saying you could lynch someone you've barely talked to is terrible no matter who it is.

16. Rubicon

Half-joke response to 521. KaiDASH and I have never both been town in the same game.

---------- Post automerged at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Slight lean scum read on Owner - as many posts as regfan, but fairly empty content so far, including an RVS vote around #396 over a joke (or a reason to join the miner wagon?). Would like to see some more alignment-indicative thoughts from her.

---------- Post automerged at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------
    Fable
    Could you clarify what your thought process was in the first two posts here, and your current thoughts on Delphine? Third post seems to imply a townread but it's pretty ambiguous.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    They're all dumb shit posts about me being bitter about a game we had played in together previously. Delphine is on the list of people I plan on ISOing when I get home from work today, null currently.

---------- Post automerged at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

So I guess koalas caught up but didn't have any thoughts.:sherlock:

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

0.00%

/ten

---------- Post automerged at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Is the idea that people don't read posts that don't directly involve them your base assumption?

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You'veckestom1@yahoo.com no indication you've read them.

---------- Post automerged at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

GOOD JOB SPELL CHECK

20. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Regfan I know you and I just don't put the same weight to mindmelding being alignment indicative, but Newcomb's Vira/miner reads don't strike me as out of the range of scum!Newcomb's main impressions of the game. Can you speak more to that?

Also feeling really mindfucked by the "Reg would totally have LC'd me by now" quip.

I think I agree with you as far as the other tonal stuff.