1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Quality Naruto fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Inert, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

She literally stood in the tent throughout most of the War.

Summoned Kaguya to heal.

Healed Obito...

Punched Kaguya... and had to be saved by Sasuke.

2. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What I am saying is that Kishimoto just buffs people when he writes himself into a corner and Sakura is a prime example of that.

3. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kishimoto loved his Deus ex Machinas...

"Hey kids? Want to know how to ruin a great start with crap writing? Watch me! Grab a bag of weed while you're at it!" -Masashi Kishimoto. #maybealternativefacts

4. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

Sakura is way below Sasuke and Naruto. So is every character in the manga added together except for Hashirama, Madara, Obito with the ten tails, and Kaguya. So that's not much if a slight against her.

She is consistently compared to Tsunade by the War arc. There's a nice little line where she says something like "since I'm young anyways I don't need to maintain my appearance like Tsunade so I'm even stronger. " But that seemed kind of vague to me.

It's hard to pin down exactly how strong Tsunade, and by extension Sakura, are, but they're not comparable to weak Jounin. They're S-rank. Kakashi, Guy, Naruto and Sasuke can all beat her-- but I wouldn't bet on anyone else in Konoha being able to beat her by War Arc time.

Gaara seems stronger than either but he can't provide support like they can (through healing or boosting abilities ) like Sakura and Tsunade do.

5. Arthellion

High Score:
    Eh...disagree respectfully. People who can beat Sakura at that time: (I'm counting dead jounin as well)

Sasuke
    Naruto
    Gai
    Kakashi
    Tsunade
    Yamato
    Neji
    Rock Lee
    Shikamaru
    Asura
    Shikakku
    torube

I could go on

6. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

I feel like some of you really don't give Sakura any credit, while imo she is terribly written and almost never getting any time to shine or fight really.

She was pretty strong and talented in the end it's bullshit trying to downplay her Byakugou, super strength and her healing abilities in general with just being a product of medical nin training if it would be that easy Shizune another apprentice of Tsunade and Jonin would have easily done these things herself.

It's also stupid trying to make her great chakra control just be a by product of low chakra levels (it's a contributing factor but not that much) do you really think that many would comment on how impressive it is if it's just something unremarkable that comes with low chakra.

Her low chakra levels also don't seem to matter that much in the end since she has the Byakugou and a seemingly better allaround chakra reserves she can after all summon huge summons like Katsuyu and provide great support without being that drained.

It's also constantly mentioned that she will surpass Tsunade eventually and that she will inherit the power of a Sannin.

Just because she is not on the same level as Sasuke and Naruto (even before hax powerups) which thanks to the Sage ascended to bullshit godmode does not make her weak.

She is Kage level on the lower end of it but she could beat characters like Chojuro possibly Mei and Sasuke thought she could beat Shin Uchiha.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Please go back to reccing shit. Preferably not about Sakura.

8. cooladoola

cooladoola Second Year

High Score:
    I saw the above post after crafting my posts. Anyhow, as I am on break, any fictions about Sasuke and Itachi working together? I will get to that Sakura fiction tomorrow.

She landed a punch because she fell down from the disappearing Senjutsu charged, Obito-ridden Kakashi's Perfect Susanoo which Kaguya had destroyed with bone ash not moments ago. She basically had the luxury of conveniently landing straight into Kaguya's Byakugan's blind spot.

Kaguya simply didn't care about her as Sasuke had teleported her back between himself and Naruto to seal her off. The whole thing was funny, but Sakura really didn't do anything special. Kaguya's defeat was an elaborate deus ex machina that nobody should take seriously.

Sage of the Six Paths Madara isn't as strong as the Sage even, let alone Kaguya, as all of the Sage's and Kaguya's techs are listed as Kekkei Mora (the pinnacle of Ninjutsu). Madara's (Sage Madara's) are listed as Kekkei Genkai.

She isn't. I have no clue what she has done that makes her top tier. No clue as the manga itself downplays her chakra control from the first part.

I feel like this was directed at me. I hate to do this on a forum that has nothing to do with Naruto debate, but I have a strong suspicion that you just called me a liar. You can open the spoiler and check the proof if you desire:

Low reserves are the sole reason for her good chakra control (all of these are Viz Scans):
    Sasuke and Kakashi talk about how tree climbing works in conjunction with understanding control and kneading chakra:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kakashi outright mentions that the sole reason Sakura was able to control her chakra effectively is because her reserves are too low, and the reason Sasuke and Naruto couldn't is because theirs are too high:

[​IMG]

Her strength is a direct extension of medical ninjutsu (this is the official databook scan). And, as I mentioned, she isn't some special snowflake that has good chakra control: all medics do. It's a requirement for medic ninjutsu:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Ninpo Sozo Saisei: Byakogou (the hundred healing) is also an extension of basic healing: it's simply healing without the seals. Something Tsunade tried to do when she imitated Hashirama's healing, though, his was obviously better as it didn't shorten his lifespan:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing Sakura has done in the manga is even remotely impressive if compared to the most talented people. Her passably decent chakra control? Courtesy of low reserves; something we have known since part one. She's nowhere near Naruto's league even, let alone Sasuke's in regards to Ninjutsu and chakra control.

Her Ninjutsu is simply one single ability: medic ninjutsu. It has been adapted to enhance her strength. Oh, yes, and chakra scalpel, which makes two. She's not a chakra control and Ninjutsu queen, when her own team beats her here with such silly ease. Her ninjutsu repertoire is one single ability (two if you count the medic knife), which is not spatial and elemental in nature; a completely different ballgame. Is she talented? Sure, she is. Is she extremely talented? Not even close.

And just because Shizune couldn't do it (the only other student Tsunade ever took) doesn't make her as talented as you and others make her out to be.

I am done with this Sakura debate as it's not like her fans ever listen to canonical facts. It's a waste of time.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  9. cheirus

cheirus First Year DLP Supporter

TIL being the best healer of your generation isn't being talented unless you can rip someone's arms off with ninja magic.

10. cooladoola

cooladoola Second Year

High Score:
    I don't even remember anyone in the thread claiming that. But, please, do cherry-pick.

11. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If this thread continues down the power level argument path, I'm getting my dick out.

Nobody wants that.

12. fire

fire Order Member

Our microscopes stand ready!

13. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fear me, for my e-peen is mightier than the sword.

14. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Don't make me come in here, children.

15. Arthellion

High Score:
    I'm totally fine with it if you bring updates to Written in Reverse...

*whistles innocently*

16. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    :fire

One thing you have to admit about OP and Slightly powerful Sakura fics is that since it's Sakura they actually have to work at making time waster almost recommendable OP fics unlike 1/5 shitty OP Naruto fics, Friendly!Kyuubi anyone?

17. cooladoola

cooladoola Second Year

High Score:
    Sakura or no Sakura, I despise OP fictions with a burning passion. You can put your mind at ease.

18. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

You know, I dont see many people posting quality (or even any) Naruto fics in here. Everybody should go back to that, it'd be great.

I'd post something myself, but all the things im currently reading are either complete trash or dlp mainstrays (obligatory please update Written in Reverse/Hurricane Suite/Life in Konoha's ANBU/etc)

19. Arthellion

High Score:
    I'm kinda in the same boat. Immediately began thinking of a recc but all I could think of was the stuff I've been binging in the WBA.

Maybe that means we should start writing more ourselves?

Have a plot bunny for a Sasuke "coming of age" story post war as he travels different dimensions with the Rinnegan, but might be too cheesy. Not sure if I really have the time to write though

20. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

*Insert standard "if you love writing, you'll make the time."*

Have a long drive into work- why pay attention to the road when you could pay attention to your muse?

Like to take your time in the bathroom? Make it even longer! You'll be so productive, any person you're with will be visibly concerned. "Were you sick in there?" they may ask; "Yup! Sick with ideas!"

Learn to type/write with one hand- now you can let loose a stream of words while letting loose a stream of your own! Dont do that too often though, I made that mistake. I get hard just from opening up Google Docs.

You just have to use your time wisely and productively. Thats really all there is to it.