1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Which part confuses you fonti?

That came up when I searched giphy for rage. Also tried flipping table, computer smash and various swear words but didn't like the results.

Just improving your GIF skills or does this help you read me?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Mostly this.

I am going to sleep and try again in the morning.

---------- Post automerged at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

To answer Reg, yes, I agree with basically all of that, though I am mildly concerned about Jari and Fable things. I imagine that if you are mafia, you are with Jarizok. Or spewing him? Mmm, I think with. I am going to sleep now.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

On Newcomb: For the Fonti/Jan/you reads. I get the thought process there a bit, given I have similar back and forth thoughts on those 3. But the biggest thing that strikes me is, compare those three reads to his follow-up reads on his scum/PoE pool. It kinda feels like he over explains the Fonti/Jan/you reads, and then just kinda flings stuff at the rest. He's done it a few times, and it's setting off WH7 alarms in my head every time. I'm constantly re-assessing, as I've had success working with Newcomb as town before, and would love to be able to clear him to be able to do that again here, but at the moment I'm leaving him where he is.

Re Miner: Looking at #525
    1st paragraph: I still don't concur with your thoughts on Miner's #77.
    2nd para: You do have a fair point with Miner's content so far. I don't really agree that the scum team started telling Miner to be mindful of spew in the open roughly 300 posts tho.

I think I've been reasonably clear in that my read on Miner is as much related to the way others acted around those early exchanges as Miner's play itself.

I think it was Jan (iirc) who said something about leaving the Miner situation where it was for the moment, and renewing it when he returns, as scum!Miner never escapes PoE here. Certainly I will be amongst those with a strong eye on Miner.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Oh, Newcomb, I think you're wrong about Rubicon's response to miner making them unaligned. Imo, his approach towards scum mates is one of Rubicon's strengths.

5. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Koalas
    - Which players did you go into this game wanting to prioritize reading most?
    - Why did your #646 reads come out separately from your slightly earlier wall?
    - I don't know what you meant by "not even applicable meta given how Auction played out" regarding Regfan. I followed it casually starting the day Jan died and seriously the last two days.

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'm calling it a night, later all

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Waco - I'll concede that you have a point in that his reads inside the 3 names I listed are more detailed than the rest of his including his suspect pool but I don't think that's a huge concern given it includes a lot of players there's not a lot to say about at the moment. Happy with your Miner thoughts for now, it's a stance that makes sense.

Wouldn't mind you going into your Jari read when you wake up, slightly frustrating that no one at all is seeing eye to eye with me on that read. Also wouldn't mind hearing your read on myself when you're up too. I agree with your Rubicon/Miner thing ftr, I remember a little birdie mentioning to me some time ago that Rubicons a decent scum player and very good at making sure not to link himself to his partners.

Think I've dumped most of my thoughts in here, I'll be around if anyone has any questions for me for a bit but likely done any big reading for the night, just realised deadline is in ~40 hours so tomorrow when I get home from work will likely be my last laptop chance to get to this game and really want to see some proper wagons by then to assess.

8. Delphine

Delphine First Year

1) I said precisely the amount that I felt I needed to on the issue so as to not stew over it. We can discuss it further postgame.

2) The core of my read on his entrance to the game is that I feel like he likes the rand. Which is kinda fuzzy because of the nature of the setup, but I think fluff liking the rand is >scum!Fluff. Overeager is pretty close to what I mean.

The fact that you said that Reg would have LC'd you by now before it was actually possible for a LC to go off, in conjunction with your One Mechanical Post and in conjunction with the Reg finding it genuine is just wtfbbq can of worms that I don't even know if I really want a response to from anyone but let it be known that it makes my head hurt.

While we're talking, I'm pretty annoyed that I spent about fifteen minutes trying to find Typhon's gold standard read on you and never did find it.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, I have to be up in six hours for work, but I refuse to go to bed until I'm caught up.

I'll also livepost if anyone's around and wants to jam.

Forgive any typos, it's the alcohol's fault.

---------- Post automerged at 04:17 ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 ----------

I might just straight-up do a lot of real time reactions to things, since I'm rereading the entire game.

For example, here's my sole reason for townreading Vira:

I think, as scum (at least if I were scum), making a public commitment to not vote someone and then changing your mind and voting them doesn't make sense, and is more likely to just be a carefree town thing.

I'm sure other people have better, more in-depth reasons for townreading her, but after this post I kinda stopped paying attention to her because lol solved slots.

---------- Post automerged at 04:17 ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 ----------

Wow, I am really good at not needing autocorrect.

---------- Post automerged at 04:18 ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 ----------

Also I'm gonna be super spicy and claim ~Gravedigger~ instead of Priest.

---------- Post automerged at 04:19 ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 ----------

Why do I have forty-nine notifications???

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Probably because you need to read the whole thread to catch up.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Delphine - Here's a present for you.

Vaimes - I'm taking it that GD is a legitimate claim here? If so that makes things slightly easier. I'll be here if you want to bounce reads / thoughts at any time while catching up, think you focusing more on actually reading the thread is the way to go though.

12. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Vaimes you were drunk when Newcomb dunked you in that one game right?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Uh, yeah. Drunk and very salty.

I'm somewhere between buzzed and sober rn, since I can type fairly well and not post everything that comes to mind.

---------- Post automerged at 04:27 ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 ----------

Yeah sure whatever you say.

font will probably know what I mean.

---------- Post automerged at 04:28 ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 ----------

By the end of this catchup, I'm probably not gonna move my vote from Miner.

---------- Post automerged at 04:28 ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 ----------

This was a weird post.

---------- Post automerged at 04:29 ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 ----------

Man the tone here feels like town!font.

---------- Post automerged at 04:29 ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 ----------

Does it really count as blowing up the thread if everything is just one big ugly automerged post?

---------- Post automerged at 04:30 ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 ----------

The birds are chirping and everything, I am so fucked for tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 04:31 ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 ----------

I am literally ignoring every Delphi post with a bible verse, I do not care for gimmicks that aren't posted by tom.

---------- Post automerged at 04:32 ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 ----------

One way that Regfan is deviating from his last scumgame where he posted literally everything on his mind is that he's fluffing a lot more here, so I guess he can be kinda sorta maybe town just a little bit.

---------- Post automerged at 04:34 ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 ----------

Newcomb: "Miner is weird"
    Miner: "srs bsns!!!11!!"

I can't let this go guys. Miner fluffed at literally every other indication of suspicion towards him except this one, it /has/ to mean something.

---------- Post automerged at 04:37 ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 ----------

I know this is supposed to be a joke, but it's also just. An obfuscating sort of humor that doesn't really benefit town.

---------- Post automerged at 04:37 ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 ----------

Regfan, you posting fanatic, break my automerges.

---------- Post automerged at 04:39 ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 ----------

!!!

Stilted humor.

Alternatively, I am conf-biasing.

If Miner comments on this reaction to his post I will ignore it because I know exactly what he's going to say and that doesn't help.

---------- Post automerged at 04:41 ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 ----------

Have you seen his early D1 scum play?

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Is that all I am to you? Someone there to break your auto-merges, I see how it is now...

Also I don't think I've been fluffy at all? I mean it's great that you've actually got the right read but I feel like there's lots of differences between my town/scum play that are more accurate or noticeable than that.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Regfan bitching at font to explain GD shit and font not complying means they aren't partners.

---------- Post automerged at 04:43 ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 ----------

You don't get to tell me how I perceive your content.

---------- Post automerged at 04:45 ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 ----------

fluffy fluff fluff

this one post alone is more fluff than what you posted in whatever that MTGS game was

---------- Post automerged at 04:47 ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 ----------

god I'm not gonna get to sleep until like six AM

---------- Post automerged at 04:51 ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 ----------

Up to page six.

Atum
    Cobalt
    Delphine
    Fable
    Fontisian
    His Fluffiness
    Jan
    Jarizok
    KaiDASH
    Koalas
    Miner
    Newcomb
    Owner
    Regfan
    Rubicon
    The Waco Kid
    Vaimes
    Vira

I'm town. I think Vira is town.

font, Regfan, Jan, and Newcomb aren't getting lynched D1. Cobalt is a no-show. KaiDASH has...some kind of quality that makes it really hard to lynch him ever. fluff is lynchbait to the max, regardless of alignment and I hate him for it. Delphi being deliberately obtuse with half her posts is eh, too carefree to be mafia? Not all that confident in that read. I haven't technically gotten to Atum's posts in my reread but I know he's doing a good job of playing outside his scumrange.

Fable
    Jarizok
    Koalas
    Miner
    Owner
    Rubicon
    The Waco Kid

Yeah. We can kill these cardboard cutouts.

---------- Post automerged at 04:52 ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 ----------

(And by that I mean the D1 lynch should be focused on this crowd.)

---------- Post automerged at 04:53 ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 ----------

The temptation to skip all of Regfan's posts, rising.

---------- Post automerged at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

Though I guess Regfan townreading Vira and scumreading Miner is ~okay.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

"
    20 bucks, little man, put that shit in my hand
    If that money doesn't show then you owe me owe me owe
    My jungle love
    Oh e oh e oh
    I think I wanna know ya know ya ... yeah, what?!"

---------- Post automerged at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Hurt! Right there in the feels.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Nah, there's a limit to how much mafia should affect my life.

The content I provided should hold you all over until Sunday evening. I need to drink water or else hangover and then go to bed.

Later.

---------- Post automerged at 04:57 ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 ----------

Stopping at 218, for reference.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I mean you're not wrong in that my scum game is slightly more uh, robotic and to the point with "Focus solely on reads/image" but I think here once I got got started actually trying to gamesolve there was considerably less fluff and I did have that "Shitting on Tammy" thing in the MTGS. Anyway silly thing to argue about but enjoy another auto merge breaker. Also you should seriously consider just going to bed and catching up tomorrow night, while I'd love your thoughts here you probably need some sleep before work.

---------- Post automerged at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Ha, nice cross post and good decision.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

lmaoooo

okay leaving for real

---------- Post automerged at 04:59 ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 ----------

The temptation to guess "Cobalt would bother trying to have a stronger itt presence as mafia" is too real right now.

Okay by for real real.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

A part of me wants to argue that being up in arms for being wolfread for the wrong reasons is a classic scumtell ..

But I really don't want to pile on any more on that shitstorm for now.