1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Hi Jan, I've been kinda flitting between isos and staring at Newcomb's and Vaimes's PoE piles. Are you still catching up?

I am trying to figure out how I feel about most of the PoE wanting to kill each other. I feel like it's been so long since I was scum in a serious game and I have so little exp with being scum in no-flip that I don't have a good grasp on to what extent they're actually trying to distance.

I do think Fable's not knowingly aligned with miner & Koalas.

---------- Post automerged at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Rubicon
    - Be honest, is/was one of your new planned scum strategies to toppost?
    - How do you feel about Waco being voteparked on you?

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I have caught up in theory. Only skimmed the parts that happened in the last 10 hours.

DnD starts in ~30 minutes. Just wrote my characters background.

I mean .. scum can still distance in a way here because Gravedigger is a thing regardless of no flip game.

The question is why does the PoE feel that way?
    Could they try to go for other people in any reasonable way or form?

Why do you think about Fable that way? Can you give me the quotes for that?

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Too late at night for quotes.

Fable unaligned with miner is for what you were discussing in #800. Only gets that wrong for the right reasons mad if he knows miner's town.

Fable and Kalas unaligned is for manner in which Fable pokes Kalas about the reread and doubtcasts him and Kalas's subsequent "it only took me 3 hours to come out with reads while 9 hours into the game you were saying 'i don't really get reads early' so get off your high horse" and then the oscar comment re:Fable getting mad.

-

Back to Rubicon.

Of the people I expect to have p good read accuracy on, I think you're scummiest. I'm really uncomfortable with this Vira read (#214), this weirdly conciliatory thing toward fonti that I don't see any follow-through on #590, and with your fluff progression (namely in #487 where I feel like you're bravado-ing at Newcomb somewhat baselessly). Don't like your recent question to Newcomb either, the "or are you just upping your meme game" thing felt tonedeaf considering his wording of "this might seem trivial."

Can you also summarize where you're at with Reg at this point? Your interactions with him come off as really rhetoric-y and austere to me.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'll go with:
    lynch jarizok for now.

I don't think it's indicative either way.

5. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Ebwop

/10chars

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm heading to bed, will try and get to this before I head to work in the morning.

Pretty sad seeing another vote on Jarizok when I'm pretty sure he's town here, he's very much the person I can see scum try and set themselves up to mslynch later in the day here to save Miner. That said Kai's vote fits his prior reads so don't make a whole lot of that one in particular. I'll spend some time going over the Jari town read properly tomorrow morning.

Hoping to see Atum pop back in and post his updated reads and thoughts given I've not see him post since I've been home and reaffirmation on him being town would be nice, also very much would like to see some more updated reads from Jan too now the games properly underway.

7. KaiDASH

If that's the case, which players are the witches trying to mislynch Jarizok?

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Think you've somewhat misunderstood what I'm trying to say; I think it's more a case of something that scum will do rather than have done, only instance of it happening so far I think might be in Owners vote on Jarizok, the reasoning behind the vote comes across as pretty suspect and the move across and "forgetfulness" of why she scum read Miner didn't sit well.

9. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I didn't think they were all that unique actually. A quote for thread entrance here, one for disbelief there, etcetera. She prepared a bunch of quotes she liked and uses them where appropriate. The alternative is that she opened the thread and went 'I'm talking in Bible tonight'.

This is just wrong. Obviously stress can affect your posting, but it generally doesn't make you go straight up weird. And even if it did, the major point is that Miner was different weird when reacting to Newcomb vs Fonti/other people. Stress that's come from outside the game doesn't affect you differently for different people IN the game.

Thanks for the thoughts. Also, I loled. I'll get past that game one day.

Fair enough, I made that comment based purely on the quote, felt like obvious distancing to me.

That's nice and all, but what kind of tournament did you win? That's way more interesting.

This post reads like Kai is genuinely involved in the game, even answering the Newcomb question and all. First time I'm okay with a slight townlean on Kai.

Looked like distancing to me. Waco already said it doesn't fit and I'm okay with the argument.

This post is just a giant smokescreen.

owner didn't you originally engage Regfan to diffuse his scumread of you? Because this turnaround on him doesn't give him, or anyone, any information on you at all. It's just question marks all around. Even if Reg does answer all of those questions, half of the answers won't be alignment indicative at all?

I'll take your word for it that the scenario COULD happen, but are you saying Reg is Jack Sparrow here? Because the question isn't if there are scum players who could possibly post suboptimal mechanical plans. The question is if you really believe that Reg would.

#750 Agreed very much.

I disagree with the appeasiness, as mentioned above. His involvement felt genuine to me.

Waco was also townreading me last I heard. Anyways, you can be my Jan this game. I wouldn't be me if people weren't scumreading me all over the place anyway.

Vaimes I'm getting 0 new stuff from that catch up. I appreciate the fact that you are catching up, but you can probably stand to point out less stuff that's been discussed by everyone and their Jack Sparrow ITT already.

---------- Post automerged at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

Sorry, I didn't feel like breaking it up like my last few catch ups.
    KaiDASH I get what Regfan means Re: me. It's like I mentioned in the catch up, I get scumread regardless so I'm always a mislynch scum will go for.

10. KaiDASH

Has that been happening this game do you think?

11. Jarizok

A lot of people are keeping their option open on me.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Villagers
    Atum
    Jan
    KaiDash
    Vira

Slightly Villagers
    Delphine
    Newcomb
    Regfan
    Waco
    Vaimes

Null
    Cobalt
    Fonti
    Fluffy
    Jarizok
    Koalas
    Miner

Slighlt Wolfy
    Owner
    Rubicon

---------- Post automerged at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------
    The Waco Kid

You said you did the FoT thing on MU but I looked through both your MU games and found no mention of you doing anything like that. What am I missing here?

13. Jarizok

Where did your strong KaiDASH read come from Fable? I agree that he was towny for him, but that's really high.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Feels more gamesolve-y than 90% of the thread and I've really liked some of his thoughts like #536.

15. Jarizok

I don't think I'd call him more solve-y, but his solve-y posts are a lot more like yours than Reg/Newcomb etcetera, so it's probably natural for you to pick up on it more. Where is the line for who you'd vote today?

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Right now I'd only be comfortable voting owner or rubicon. Miner said he would be here today so I'm hoping that mess can finally be resolved today and I can get some sort of read on him. I should probably ISO you today at some point as well.

17. Jarizok

Vaimes
    Atum
    Vira

Regfan
    Waco
    Newcomb
    KaiDASH
    Delphine
    Jan

Koalas
    Fontisian
    Cobalt
    Rubicon

Fluff
    Miner

Owner
    Fable

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    loljarizok

---------- Post automerged at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

After reading jarizok's ISO I came out of it (frustratingly) with a slight V read, as terrible as his reads are for the most part it does seem like genuine effort to solve and I think he's spewing all over the place if he were a witch which I doubt is happening.

---------- Post automerged at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Vote: Rubicon

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

I just realized I more than likely put a witch or two in my slight V pile, that's annoying.

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I can cite movies too to prove things happen in real life! Did you know Hogwarts really exists? My Hogwarts letter is 14 years late, but Tinkerbell has assured me it’s on its way.

Wonderful reads list! You’ve completely convinced me.

Vote: Reg.

Sorry Reg, Owner’s proven you’re 100% scum. It’s okay, I’ve heard burning is a peaceful death.

Why didn’t you say you were only asked to give five townreads and three scumreads? That’s a better excuse then the one you gave.

Can I get a link to this post?

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb

Can you link me a wolf game of yours when you get the chance? TIA