1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

And "this feels Witchy coming from Fable" is a pretty accurate summation of that, since you didn't seem to understand the original comment. It wasn't intended to belittle you.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Page 1: RVS, blah.

Page 2: RVS.

Page 3: Jan is making weirdly non-RVSy posts a bit early.

Side-eyeing this.

Page 4: Fonti drops a Delphine town read. Vira asks for group effort to maintain an active atmosphere. Vira is clearly trying to pocket me early.

Vaimes says forming pre-game reads is dumb. Vaimes is right.

Miner makes me lol by saying America isn’t a country.

Mmm, is it really that odd though? Seems like an easy thing to FoS someone for when it’s still pre-game.

Miner responds to this... super defensively though. “I’m under a lot of stress” like.... what? Why even give that weak shade an answer at all, let alone a panicky one? Miner lands lower on my list.

Page 5: Vaimes echoes my thoughts on Miner.

Vira pokes Regfan about earlygame posts being alignment-indicative. I like the initiative here.

Fable is here! Hi Fable . Remember that witch hunt game that bombed on MU cuz they didn’t know how to run it? Me too.

**NOTE:** There’s been some talk about Oracle claims so far. I think that the (later mentioned?) “Watchman or Oracle” combo claim is a good one to make.

Page 6: Shitposting @ Fable. Stop talking about blood sacrifices y’all morbid ass mothafuckas.

Page 7: Kai mentions the “Oracle or Watchman” claim which is A-OK in my book. Hasn’t said anything else so far though? Not sure if the pregame mechanics talk being the only thing he says is a good thing or a bad thing.

Delphine is doing this weird Bible quoting thing. It’s not good or bad. It’s just... weird.

Regfan adequately explains himself @ Vira about earlygame alignment-indicative posting. I kind of like this. Is unconvinced about some of the Oracle claim strategies though. Not sure if good or bad.

Rubicon immediately snaps a witch read on Regfan after that and I don’t like it at all. Lays off pretty quickly, which I think is even worse.

Page 8: Fable argues for a D2 Gravedigger claim instead of D1. I actually kind of like this approach, but Vaimes is against it for standard reasons.

Vaimes is ECHOING ME AGAIN about Rubicon’s Regfan read. Stop that.

Page 9: Fonti further explains the D1 Gravedigger claim. I’m okay with this too, but I think the inherent “wait, why doesn’t GD just claim D2 when they have info?” thing from Fable is kind of towny in essence, because that’s how I reacted the first time I played WH I think.

Vaimes is townreading Vira. If you don’t stop echoing me I’m gonna let you pocket me. :/

Vaimes says Miner is sus for having two different reactions to the same kind of pressure in pregame and I’m REALLY feeling that vibe.

Is that a... soft defense of Miner from Rubicon? I’m putting that as a potential w/w.

Further Miner deliberation from Font and Vaimes that I like. I’m ruling them out as a potential w/w pair because I don’t think they openly deliberate like that if they’re BOTH holed up in witch chat. That, and I’m townreading them both so far, but I’m not ruling out the chances of being wrong about one of them.

Page 10: Newcomb weirdly defends the wording of his post at Miner and Fonti calls him out on it. Vaimes makes an lolFoS about Fonti/Miner scumteam.

Jarizok’s priest claim pop in rubs me the wrong way but I... don’t know why at all. Does he not normally do this or something?

Newcomb townreads Vira (easy) and defends Rubicon (QUESTIONABLE AT BEST). Newcomb drops down on my list.

Page 11:
    Sounds good to me.

LOL, me too.

Kai says it’s bad to answer a certain question about Oracle claims before pre-game ends. I’m not sure why that matters.

Regfan drops a SOLID wall that cements him in my townreads. Pokes Fonti on a potentially weak Delphine read, questions Rubicon on his Miner read, and asks Jan to elaborate on his earlier suspicion towards him. All of which are things I like rn. Then likes Vira, dislikes Fluff, actually town leans Rubicon and shades Miner. I agree with absolutely everything about this post but the Rubicon conclusion.

Newcomb also seems to like the wall, but his response is rather flip-floppy.

See, I feel like this is super weird, because like, this isn’t a post that says “I’m town”? It’s a post that TRIES to say “I’m town”, because he seems to be aligning with Reg’s wall, assuming that Reg is town and saying the game will be over quickly, but also says it could be immensely frustrating, presumably if Regfan is a witch and Newcomb is a villager here. But the overall demeanor of this seems really forced? Idk, it’s a weird thing to nitpick over, but this post completely jumped out at me.

Page 12: And what’s with this weird meta about Newcomb implementing a new playstyle? I don’t see anything drastically different and he keeps saying things like this:

and I don’t know what he means at all, so I’m finding it suspicious when it might not be? Idk. Halp.

This is the only thing you had to comment on? Weird.

Rubicon aligns with Regfan on shading Fluff. Dislike. That’s too easy for him to do if he’s a witch. And right about now I’m thinking Miner / Rubicon are w/w so it’s an opportunity for Rubicon to take something from Regfan’s post that proposes a new target and expand on it to make Fluff a more prominent suspect. Seems really contrived, and I think Fluff is a bit townier for it as a result.

Jarizok makes the most noncommittal post I’ve ever seen re: Reg’s wall, please kill him with fire.

1. Making a conclusion on Miner this early is dumb so let’s not make one at all

2. Don’t townread Vira for sounding towny guys!

3. Fluff isn’t suspicious or not suspicious either way!

4. This isn’t a good look on Rubicon but I’m not gonna commit to elaborating further or bringing more attention to it.

5. I didn’t think that one thing Miner did was weird, but that other one might be. I won’t have an opinion regardless.

Ugh ugh ugh awful burn the witch.

I don’t even want to read the rest of his posts on this page because no. But I’ll read them anyway.

Jarizok can’t get it through his head that an Oracle claim is a good thing. Seems like witch resisting.

Page 13: Jan has a pop-in walling suspicion on Regfan but I don’t really buy it. I don’t think he’s manufacturing it, so I don’t find it suspicious, but I don’t really agree with what he’s saying at all.

Jan also winds up disagreeing with early Oracle claim. I’ll revisit this later after I see if any conclusions were drawn about the claimgame.

Waco pops in. Hi Waco.

The fact that this is still pregame is making me NAUSEOUS.

---------- Post automerged at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Me: Vaimes says forming pre-game reads is dumb. Vaimes is right.

Me: *makes pregame reads*

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh, Cobalt is townreading Reg.

Must mean Reg is a witch.

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm sorry if it was actually just a joke and I didn't get it but I've had to defend myself for the majority of the game so far and honestly that post didn't seem completely out of line with some of the other things I've had directed towards me thus far and I'm just a little exhausted.

5. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I think that's annoying since I would think you're in a better position than most to assess that.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I haven't really been following along with the current goings on.

It's a game. Games are chill. Hopefully no one said anything mean.

---------- Post automerged at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

Anyway.

Unvote, vote owner

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No, you have it backwards. My scumreads are always town.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Wow. CObalt is town imo.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Are you doing that thing again where you pretend to not know Kai does annoying things all the time?

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Just like DLGN in SVM. :D

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah?

Why?

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I don't think scum!Cobalt puts in that much effort. Meta read, i know.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I've played like such shit recently that I get a free pass for even trying.

I'll take it.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Thanks for accepting my daypass.

During your reread, could you tell me whether you think Rubicon is super noncommital and opportunistic, or if I'm imagining things.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Is that also your Regfan read?

16. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I dunno about the effort being a towntell, but at first glance I like the original flavor of the Newcomb / Jarizok reads. Will read in more detail later.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Slowest to catch up between the two of you gets lynched tomorrow.

Liking Cobalts catch up so far, the read on Newcomb while something I disagree with feels fairly genuine and a lot of the other stances and read progressions make sense, leaning towards him being town so far; should have a stronger read on when he finishes catching up though.

I very much agree with this being a thing, her focuses don't come across as natural at all. That said while I like the Owner vote people abandoing the Miner wagon when he's almost certain scum is troubling.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Opportunistic, definitely. Noncommittal, not so much. So far.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Having that many townreads should be exciting, because it means better chances of a witch getting caught.

igmeoy

---------- Post automerged at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 ----------

One at a time.

I won't forget Miner.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm gonna stuff my face with girl scout cookies and watch an episode of Private Practice on Netflix before continuing my re-read because y'all post a whole lotta damn posts in pregame and I'm not about that life.