1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yeah, basically.

She's incomprehensible and doing nothing that makes me think she's town, so I'm fine with the lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

The Jari townread is that he's gamesolving and thinking and pushing against people and it all just feels town, Jan.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The answer could not have been any broader, but I will let it go for now.

We can talk about it tomorrow. He is not a lynch for today (not at all in my book).

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Jari - Can you run me through the exact process you used when re-reading and making Post #1112 about me because it feels a lot like cherry-picking lines and ignoring large parts of my Miner read and context behind it, similarly the "He pushed it home with no alignment indicative comments" isn't really true at all. That said finding a lot of your push & recent posting to strengthen my town read there, it comes across as you attempting to actually generate content and game solve.

Jans Post #1121 particularly his point about Fonti only being mafia if she has control of GD/Apprentice is a decent post/point, same goes for his Post #1183. Feeling slightly better about Jan then I was when I went to bed last night.

I remember disliking a few of Viras posts during my recent catch up and really want to see some more from her because she's dropped off rather significantly as the day phase has panned out and isn't near my strong town read pile at all anymore. I also want Atum to finally get around to posting that catch up he says he's been working on for a few days now.

If you're town here this is why I hate playing with you and find Newcomb/Eidos stance on you so hard to grasp; I've attempted to bounce reads and work with you multiple times this game and each time it's felt like pulling teeth and instead of actually answering my last question you've just decided to thrown down a worthless vote on me.

---------- Post automerged at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

You've misread the post, people suggested the possibility of Delphine fake claiming the role while not having it as scum, which I explained wouldn't bt the case and the more likely alternative being her fake claiming the result as mafia. If you read further down as well as my other posts around the area I don't think that's even remotely likely though.

4. fontisian

I mean, he's putting in so much effort to gamesolve that at this point I'm like "alright, you're town already, jesus."

---------- Post automerged at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Yo, Reg, why do you think Vira's fallen off?

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This is basically my view on Jari:

There are reasons to scumread Fluff (STILL WAITING FOR THAT RUBICON READ) and Jari's wasn't one of them. I misread him last game, but I can’t follow his train of thought at all. He’s making a big deal about nothing.

Please don’t steal people from Owner’s wagon.

Blue means move.

6. fontisian

The lynch will happen, Vira. I'll ensure it. Scumhunting in the mean time does no harm.

Reg, I should probably explain the things I saw in the quotes aren't thing I can discuss with you atm. Also, I had a section in my wall on Jan you should probably look at.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Without going and opening her ISO how many reads of hers can you name that she has some confidence in or that she's run through with some reasoning? I can't get to 5 confidently even which is a huge concern, I've found as the days progressed she's given less reads and instead has been around to just 'comment' on peoples posts and ask them an occasional question. It doesn't feel anywhere near as deep scumhunting as earlier on.

---------- Post automerged at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I read your section on Jan and it matches with my thoughts on his posting in the last ~6 or so hours but you haven't commented on anything from him before that. I wanted to know if you thought the way he sort of hung back to an extent during majority of the day phase while leaving his vote on a town read and not having scum reads felt like his scum play in SVM to you or not.

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Regfan I looked up the initial couple Miner/Font posts and went from there for each person. (If you're wondering why I start your post with #540, that's because I looked up when the votes were cast before that) I noticed you initially didn't find Miner's interaction with Font scummy, but his interactions with Newcomb were, but that later changed into his tone being forced throughout.

I didn't get the impression that you kept bringing Miner up yourself the first time I went through the thread, but in your ISO it really felt like you were keeping that lynch near the surface of the thread.

That last quoted post is exactly that; Miner was being scummy and those points are just accurate, NAI.

9. fontisian

Basically none, but I can name hardly anyone's reads confidently. I'll look over Vira's iso in a bit.

I think hanging back and not committing to a lynch is a Jan thing in general, not just a scum!Jan thing. While I acknowledge the point as potentially valid, I don't think scum!Jan has any motivation to avoid a spiraling Miner wagon and in some worlds would be inclined to join in so to be more in my good graces.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    In regards to the bolded you actually cut out the line where I mentioned it in my intial post being Post #216 "I found Miners RVS vote on Fontisian in Post #17 very forced; I think the actual action of voting her is null in that he typically plays this type of angle in most early games but the way he's gone about here doesn't feel anywhere near as natural."

Did keep bringing him up and questioning people about him, thought he was scum and wanting to increase the amount of information we'd have post his flip, also wanted to get other peoples thoughts to get a better read on them and with him being one of the larger topics of discussion it's something easier to get people to comment on. "Miner was being scummy" "NAI" are not things that match.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I would have been the first person to ride the choo choo train after miner got back into thread half way through the day.

12. fontisian

Looking over Vira's last 20 posts or so, I get the impression that she has accepted the Owner lynch as the best option and is now determined to ensure a lynch occurs (preferably on owner). She's added in occasionally comments on Jari and others, and shot down a wagon on you (Reg). I find all of this generally fine.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Let me know what you get when you finish her ISO, I find the amount of actual content and thoughts shared from her after Delphines claim pretty lacklustre, I also remember disliking her reaction towards the claim but that was weaker. Even before the claim she was starting to fall of a bit, my town read there has certainly weakened quite a bit.

And with that I have to start getting ready for work.

14. Vira

High Score:
    My two initial scumreads had a breakdown and got Oracle'd, so most of my reads are up in the air right now.

I'll make a readslist anyways. We have a few hours left.

15. fontisian

I would recommend looking into lynching Kalas tomorrow. He's among the lowest posters, he's done zero towny things, and he was overly touching when Jari called him potential scum.

16. Vira

High Score:
    It's called sleep, Reg, then morning activities. I'll be here for EOD though.

17. fontisian

I disagree wrt her reaction to the Delphine. I think it was pragmatic and not showboaty, which, again, is fine.

---------- Post automerged at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Also, American timezones and normal sleep schedules, heh.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Is that your scumread on Regfan?

I could agree with it, but I am not sure if it means anything for his alignment.

19. fontisian

No, it's not.

Should we ask the Nurse to Nurse Delphine?

20. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

So the initial Font RVS was forced, the reaction was then null, and the reaction to Newcomb was notable again? You do say you didn't have the same concern about Miner's response there as well.

Miner was pretty much objectively scummy, so it's nai for anyone to push him on that at point is what I mean with that last bit. That's why Rubi came out of that comparison best, it's what he was scumreading him for after defending him at first.