1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

He's already in that creepy one with the blood and the locusts and all.

---------- Post automerged at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

So much this.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The highest posters have made less than three times as many posts as the lowest posts. I don't think it's fair to say that anyone's lurking, considering the normal site standards.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
  4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "Of all the Fingers, he alone was embraced by the Abyss.
    For he was human, and ne'er a grub.
    Fear not, the dark, my friend.
    And let the feast begin." (Locust 3:7)

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

Wait all I remember from WH7 deadchat was that everyone cried angel tears until mal shot some scum and town won.

Anyways, I just want to reemphasize for those that aren't already considering it that Koalas absolutely should be a priority read for day 2.

And, uh, if we could get some clarity on either fonti or reg's alignment that'd be great.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm literally the slowest typer of life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waco ISO/Thoughts:

The first word that comes to mind on reading Waco is consistent. He posts, follows up and I can follow his reasoning throughout, even finding myself nodding along at times. This is definitely something I consider +Town. With that in mind the times Waco is inconsistent stick out.

The first, and biggest, inconsistency I see is his approach to his scum reads. When engaging with potential scum reads he has this laid back approach. Examples would be 255 with Fable and 763/767 with owner. At first I was really liking 255 as it seemed like a genuine attempt to help some culture shock while still getting answers which read extremely genuine and not how he'd approach this as scum. Throughout his various engagements with Newcomb however, this isn't present. He's higher energy, and less.. understanding of scummy things they've said. Not the best word but that's the only one coming to mind. After which he goes back to a similar approach with owner that he had with Fable. Looked at overall he's much less engaged with the players he's actually voting as compared to Newcomb. Which does not follow at all for me when coming from a town mindset. All scum are equal when caught and lynched. From a scum mindset though, not all mislynches are equal.

Speaking of Fable that read just trailed off in the aftermath of the breakdown/Delphine reveal. The vote in 589/read in 592 was the high point then just a slow fade. The big sticking point however was the lack of mention in 1035 with the player's he'll be focusing on in his read through. Jan makes sense as it's been a thought there before, follows from Reg's post and the 952 scum team crossover. Fonti's always getting a reread with the miner situation. Rubicon was consistently a LS and follow up makes sense. But Fable is... not there. Why? Waco hasn't said anything about Fable shifting to null. It's the train of thought that I can't follow as it just disappears.

The third, and admittedly smallest, contradiction is in the rainbow wall response. There's a couple posts late in the thread where he and Cobalt have a laugh over it and Waco mentions he was sad he didn't get more reactions like that. Jumping back to 457 though we see the reason he didn't get reactions was that Rubicon his biggest scum read at the time, spoiled the gimmick. Waco's response to this was.. correcting HF's math in some irrelevant mechanics calculation. That does not show disappointment to me. More importantly it shows a general uninvestedness in the gambit/reactions itself which does not track for a town member trying this out.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't really feel the need to post more for the sake of posting. I think my alignment is uh, pretty well known. Good for this game, unfortunate for me in the long run, but such is life.

If you have specific questions for me, Vira, I'll answer.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    tl;dr Three contradictions in otherwise solid play. If they're not adequately addressed easy read.

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Is this mostly in response to 1202?

---------- Post automerged at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

... Pretty sure that was Miner? Zero isn't a lack of towny posts its an absence of counting.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yes.

Yes it is.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    Read more then one game where I was trying to be better about my voting habits. Where have I rambled?

---------- Post automerged at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quick glance through and the only recent reason I'm seeing (besides not walking lockstep with fonti) is 'being picked on'. Is there any fonti-independent town posts you can point me to?

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Neither of those posts are font-dependent.

Or, at least, I didn't form the read with font in mind at all.

13. Koalas

High Score:
    Well being picked on isn't but it also does nothing for me in terms of reasoning. 1202 is directly calling out font so there at least slightly related.

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

EBWOP: They're. Kill me.

14. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Vote: owner
    Should be 10.

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Who are your major scumreads? Who are your major townreads?

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    See if you brought this up when I'd asked you to like a reasonable player we could have discussed this properly when I'm not half-focused and short of time at work before deadline, the way you've about this just illustrates my distaste for playing with you a tee.

My "Headdesk" comment with Newcomb was frustration that he'd jumped in and answered a question that I asked Delphine. His analysis was sound and something I agree with but players that breadcrumb results showing the crumbs themselves is much stronger than someone else pointing it out. Scum fake claiming can just agree with whatever is brought up as a "Crumb" by someone else, it doesn't give the same sort of 'showing thought process' as them doing it themselves.

And the whole "He's unsure of how much he should believe Delphines claim" is just disgusting and ignores the context of everything there, the post is within ~5 minutes of the claim itself, it is me considering the claim and you can see the progression in my read and thought process through the post.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm still not convinced that Vaimes is town, but I'll let it go (Shut up Waco) for now.

Although, I will say that his tone/behavior this game does not appear to be the same in your face town-ness that we've seen in the past.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Probably not going to have time to catch up on the rest of the posts, ugh.

That's not how I wanted to spend my time near the EOD here.

I might try and drop a coloured reads list if I get a chance.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Anything spicy happening while I'm working?

20. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Not sure I'm going to have time to do anything super coherent before deadline. Skimmed the day's posts, not read fully.

Just a rapid fire list of things that are on my mind right now.

- I find myself thinking a lot about Reg/fonti/Jan, Jan's post talking about me/Reg/fonti definitely hit a lot of the notes I've been thinking about (subbing Jan's name for mine of course.) I also think it's fairly unlikely that there are two witches in that group; if there are there is some very deft scum interactions happening ITT. I don't super have any conclusions here other than that figuring out that cluster is probably the most important thing in the game right now to me even if it's probably the hardest.

- Agree with fonti that Koalas needs his feet to the fire tomorrow, for essentially the reason she gave.

- One of owner's more recent posts had a throwaway townread on me for me saying "see you all tomorrow, cats and kittens." So yeah, I'm good with this lynch.

- @fonti, I looked over that Reg reaction to Delphine's claim. The only thing I side-eyed was him bitching at me for looking at Delphine's ISO myself.. like that makes it invalid, or like you'd even want the person claiming to dig up posts backing up their claim, since, yeah if you're doing that to verify the claim, you're doing that to see if it's fake, and if it's fake, that person is the one you'd /least/ want to be going "look here are my crumbs," IMO.

The peg I'm hanging my Reg read on right now is his treatment of Vaimes this game. I just... don't think it super makes sense for scum!Reg to treat him this way in either town!Vaimes or scum!Vaimes worlds. Like, Reg's whole thing is almost embarrassed at not getting the lock townread. He even comes back and kind of sheepishly puts him in his list of 5 scum.

If Vaimes is town here, that's just... I've talked to Reg a ton about Vaimes specifically. We had like 20 posts in the SVM Obs QT about it. He knows the deal. If Vaimes is town here then he's just, not getting mislynched, and I feel like Reg would know that. So why do it? Style points? The only possible reason to push against that read is to like, be a direct pocket attempt on me personally and he'd have to have really thought about how it would subvert expectations and honestly I'd be kind of flattered. It's just hard to see scum!Reg coming up with that angle when he knows Von's meta and he knows Von's town.

And if Vaimes is mafia, then fighting the townread makes no sense. Vaimes is playing an amazing scumgame, shading his partner here instead of just going with the flow makes absolutely no sense.
    fontisian ^ thoughts?