1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Since I didn't get a chance to address this:

I gave my reads multiple times throughout D1. Check, and if you find them lacking, let me know.

Not GD, but I get the feeling the coven didn't take that claim seriously.

---------- Post automerged at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Vote Koalas

I'll let that simmer for a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

I think owner being a witch looks good for Newcomb.

---------- Post automerged at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

By that I mean Newcomb isn't hard bussing or hard defending, just sort of trying to get into her head and shrugging when he doesn't find anything town-indicative.

---------- Post automerged at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

EOD1VC

owner [9]: Newcomb, The Waco Kid, Regfan, Vira, Cobalt, Jarizok, Vaimes, Atum, Koalas
    Rubicon [3]: Fable, Delphine, His Fluffiness
    Jarizok [2]: owner, KaiDASH
    Regfan [2]: Jan, Fontisian
    Koalas [1]: Miner
    Miner [1]: Rubicon

---------- Post automerged at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

So. Bussing owner. It probably happened.

I can nab the posts that convinced me, but I'm striking Newcomb. I'm town. Atum, Vira, and Cobalt are townreads, but I should probably sanity-check myself at some point instead of mindlessly townreading them from D1 to endgame.

[The Waco Kid, Regfan, Jarizok, Koalas]

What a fun lynch pool.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes - I think the idea of "Lets look at the wagon and decide the lynch inside those names as the lynch pool" is a terrible idea, it was done in Jurrasic Park where it was all town on town D1 and again in Marketplace where it was done on all town on scum D1. Need to look more at the context behind the lynch and most of the Owner votes where "Vote to secure a lynch" which means they mean nothing other than that player was online when a vote was needed.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

This is before Koalas has anything to say for himself about owner.

"Answer my questions or I'll have to bus you."

This looks more like Koalas wanting to justify not voting owner than actually trying to get a read on her.

And then he votes for her, with absolutely zero comment on the Oracle reveal; instead he shifts the angle and makes it look like he's voting her purely for not answering his questions, and not because everyone was piling onto owner after Miner got cleared.

---

I just remembered Fable posted this and wanted to point out how funny I thought it was.

(It's fucking hilarious.)

---------- Post automerged at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

You do you, I'll do me.

If you disagree with the read itself, we can talk about it. The method is my business.

---------- Post automerged 05-03-2017 at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was 05-02-2017 at 23:57 ----------

And they weren't "vote to secure a lynch," they were "Miner got towncleared and owner is super scummy, let's lynch her."

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don’t think a quote a person is a good way of clearing people.

Yeah, this is a problem. KaiDASH, his fluffiness, can I have some explanations with votes, please?

Can you link me to a town and scum game of yours?

Thanks, I’ll check later.

Are you arguing the four other scum didn’t bus? What’s wrong with at least looking?

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I mean, sure, let's say owner wasn't bussed at all.

Take out Jan, Miner, and Delphine.

The entire scumteam would be in [Fable, fluff, owner, Kai, font, Rubicon]. Six names, five witches. I personally don't think Fable is scum, and doubt that the remaining names is the exact team.

Which means there is at least one witch on the owner wagon. I think it's Koalas. Feel free to talk to me about the Koalas read, or maybe if you agree/disagree with clearing Newcomb.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Not GD. Agree that GD should claim here.

Owner's post at deadline felt kinda like a scumclaim to me, but like. Why make it in a no-filp game? Town!GD, town!Apprentice, that info always coming out? Eh I'm not going down that road.

The early pileup on Reg is kind of. Head-tilting?

Either I'm just being dumb again and he's obviously a wolf and my reads are shit this game, or something weird is going on. Like, assume Reg is town for a second. Scum think they can get that mislynch, reeeeeally? Like, if you assume fonti's town too, I was wavering on him a little EoD, she went at him, scum just think we'll drive that and start the engine?

Doesn't quite feel right.

Assuming owner was actually a witch, those Reg/owner interactions. Man. That would be some quality ass scum theater. Like, I didn't even read all those posts. And I read every post like three times.

That was like the only thing owner did, too. I'm trying to imagine the scumchat conversation - Reg's like, "well owner you're never making it to D3 like this, so the best thing you can do is have a super long super awkward conversation with me that will feel like pulling each other's teeth out for everyone reading it and create an unalignment with me."

Meh. I don't super buy that, either?

I'm going to go look at those interactions again and actually read them this time, no matter how painful it is. Owner leaking frustration is probably NAI but if Reg takes an angle that's just super weird to think of as scum that's potentially a good look?

That's all assuming owner's mafia here, so like. GD claim would be good here.

Waco, Koalas, Rubicon, Jarizok

^ make those people dead I think? Make some of them dead, at least.

Fluff

^ make that person dead unless he stops openly wolfing ITT, your stupid fucking meta can go jump off a cliff

Fonti, Regfan, Fable

^ make these people keep trying to solve the game

Vira, Vaimes, Cobalt, Atum

^

Potential we're getting snowed by a person in this group.... not, super high?

Delphine, Miner

^ Make them spew the other 3 people on their team, :thumbs

KaiDASH

^
    [​IMG]

Saw someone maybe a couple people had him as fairly solid town. Would like to get it.

Vote: Koalas

Hi, this doesn't appear to be your towngame.

---------- Post automerged at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

why the fuck to certain gifs randomly not animate

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You're the best, Newcomb.

8. Newcomb

I want to take that last sentence back in the name of DLP's writing standards.

---------- Post automerged at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

<3

Do you have anything resembling a read on Kai here?

---------- Post automerged at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Like, if you put a gun to my head and told me to figure out Kai I'd just starting going "he's not quite being enough of a shitgoblin to be town and I feel like that read makes everyone involved in it a worse person."

9. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Vote: Regfan

It's the new Vote: Miner.

On a more serious note, I agree with Vira that Miner ghosting til day end just to spite town is so anti-town that town!Miner isn't worth consideration. That being said, fontisian can you just say what you want about owner and Reg being around, because it seems like no one's going to do it for you here and I suck at that sort of read.

Atum
    Vira
    Miner
    Delphine
    Fable
    Vaimes
    KaiDASH
    Newcomb
    Jan
    Cobalt
    Rubicon
    Fontisian
    His Fluffiness
    Koalas
    The Waco Kid
    Owner
    Jarizok
    Regfan

This was my EoD wall that never got posted entirely.

Updated with Colors:
    Atum
    Jan

Vira
    Miner
    Delphine

Fable
    Vaimes
    KaiDASH

Newcomb
    Cobalt

Rubicon
    Fontisian

His Fluffiness
    The Waco Kid
    Koalas

Jarizok
    Regfan

Owner

Not much movement yet, but R.U.B- I mean Rubicon the Curt's naked vote actually made me feel better about him and Kalas is losing some points for being hella defensive, which is not something I remember to expect from him. Not sure why I'm bothering with any of this, but it was pretty easy so that's cool. Feel free to ask questions or something, I need direction.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm kind of okay with Waco? He fluffed around with owner a bit while having her pretty low on his readslist, which feels like it'd be weird for ww.

11. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think you made a mistake.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Almost never.

If I start having too many townreads, it means he and font are witches.

13. Newcomb

I mean.

Without really going back to verify how much I agree with that characterization of Waco/Owner, if you told me that Player A "fluffed around with Player B a bit while having her pretty low on his readslist," to me that says >rand to be w/w.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Atum

Why do you have Vira higher than Delphine/Miner?

15. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Possibly, but that just means it's my own original thought then. So I'll re-state.

Pretty sure that last EoD comment from owner kills any world where she's town. Unless someone's got meta for her being that petty?

---------- Post automerged at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

I have a random paranoid theory that's entirely unlikely, but keeps me awake at night. It's much too embarrasing to post ITT.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Maybe I'm projecting how I'd handle a scumbuddy onto Waco.

I'd want them to stop doing what they're doing that's getting them scumread (owner was hiding behind fluff instead of mixing it with her content), so scum!Waco more or less encouraging it would be ???.

17. Newcomb

Hm. I think that would depend on the timing?

Like, that Miner mislynch was in the bag until Delphine claimed. And there was no breathing room between that and the shift to owner for anything else to happen.

Pre claim though it's more like. An easy way to interact?

I should actually go read these if I want to have an opinion though.

Added to the list.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lol move all your votes off Regfan now imma slap you with some facts

---------- Post automerged at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Those that are super eager to vote him are also catching my side eye.

19. Newcomb

I like where this is going.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    About that....