1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Any chance

You know what I'm going to ask.

---------- Post automerged at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Yeah like. The first one I embedded was this:

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/u...e-embarassed-embarrassed-recoil-wince-GIF.gif

That animates? But it's static in my post.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Can we pretend that I don't and move on to the next topic?

-

If you copy the image url from the gif that isn't animated, it has a re-director on the front, probably to prevent cross-site posting of animated gifs.

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Sure.

Tangentially relatedly, if both the Oracle/Watchman are town I wonder if that invalidates Regfan's Jarizok dumbtell thing that Jan liked.

4. Newcomb

I mean, we can do that, sure.

It's just that thing, where I don't know what you expect me to do with a statement like you being very sure Fable is town for no reason. I look at it, and I don't do anything with it where it makes me more or less sure on Fable's alignment, or more or less sure on yours.

You do you, Kai. I'm not expecting you to out-effort Reg or anything, but if/when this game gets down to brass tacks, body of work kinda matters. Perking up in LYLO isn't enough, just look at Fluff last game.*

*assuming you're town etc. If you're scum, keep making it ridiculously easy to PoE lynch you :thumbs

Hmph. Any way to avoid that or just stick to GIPHY/Imgur and shit?

5. KaiDASH

I've actually hit a pretty good equilibrium where I can do what I do all game and still not get lynched usually.

You're right though, so I will look at their posts again and see if I can get some reasons beyond my INCREDIBLE INSTINCT.

You could save and repost it to imgur or giphy.

---------- Post automerged at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Speaking of INCREDIBLE INSTINCT, there's probably one scum in Rubicon / Cobalt ?

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

There's a chrome extension to right-click any picture and upload to imgur. I've changed several people's lives by telling them this.

That post of yours was pretty bad, not gonna lie. You basically just used a bunch of negative adjectives to describe what I thought were good posts. Was seriously considering it might make you a witch for a while, it was that bad. Your thought process re: regfan and others made me change my mind.

I liked the Bayes theorem idea about Newcomb and regfan both scumreading Jan, that feels like something he would more likely have come up with as a real scumhunting technique and seen an opportunity to deploy.

The reply to Jarizok in 677 also has some depth to it (and if Jarizok is a witch, looks better), and he was slow about moving Newcomb to town which has a flavor of genuine caution. Also I remember there was a post where he called someone out on a contradiction that turned out to be a misunderstanding and I thought that was decently town.

---------- Post automerged at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Yeah, stop that.

7. Newcomb

Hum.

You really had no specific reason for the Fable thing? The way you worded it it felt like you had something simple and concrete.

8. KaiDASH

So I I'm roughly at:

0-1 witches in newcomb, regfan, jarizok.

3-4 witches in atum, cobalt, fluff, kalas, rubicon, waco.

Maybe a longshot vaimes witch? Pretty happy about everything else though.

9. Newcomb

Vira

You have Kai as relatively strong town here, yeah?

Pretend I'm an experienced mafia player who's never heard of you or Kai and hasn't read this game but would be willing to read any sections you directed me towards. How would you articulate your Kai read to me?

10. Rubicon

Tell me about atum, kai.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

ok but like can we please lynch Rubicon thanks

12. KaiDASH

I feel like he had the appearance of doing a lot more than he actually did.

13. Rubicon

We're lynching Koalas and/or fluff.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'll be home in ~2 hours and catch up with the game properly then. Not going to try and solve these claims while distracted elsewhere, that said is there a claiming strategy we can enact here increase the 'clear' pool to ~6-7 players total while having minimal risks and downsides to it?

Also Fluff is pretty much always mafia here. Like always.

15. Rubicon

In what way?

16. KaiDASH

I'd have to read his posts again to be more specific.

17. Rubicon

Thanks, that would be helpful to me.

---------- Post automerged at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Waco is playing noticeably different from both his recent town games and his recent scum game (Owner's market) that he replaced out of - in the direction of more scumhunting, more solve-y posts.

He is still someone I would lynch down the road if the current suspects don't work out, especially since I was wrong about him before. But he isn't my first or second choice.

---------- Post automerged at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------
    fontisian, can you post your current reads w/ reasons? Include HF.

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

I have a memory of Koalas writing this exact same sentence in another game. Tomorrow I need to figure out what the context was. I do agree with Jan/Vaimes that with owner being a witch this looks like distancing.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    So lets go over Fluff's actual reads posts so far this game, yes this is all of them;

The extent of his reads shared this game effectively sum up to a town read on Fontisian which he's mentioned twice, a town read on Atum and Vaimes, a town read later on Cobalt based on meta, a weaker town read stated on me, none of these reads ever being explained outside of the Cobalt one and a scum read stated on Rubicon which he mentions he's going to go through his posts but never does only to turn around and vote me today where there's plenty of scum motivation for it.

There's absolutely zero mentions of a read on Miner inside his ISO, same goes with Owner, these people not being mentioned are glaring ommisions given how yesterday played out and is something that makes a lot of sense as mafia.

Sure, he's low-effort as town, but if you take a look at Owners Marketplace for instance he still has reads; both town and scum and still comments on most larger topics, he's not done that here and his turn around on me without any explantion behind it is quite possibly the scummiest thing inside the thread.

---------- Post automerged at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

On my way home, Jari would appreciate you outing what role Owner was before I get there, that information will certainly help.

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Owner was the fanatic.

---------- Post automerged at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

That post was mostly me distancing from the role (same for me pointing out Vaimes claimed it), and noone is going to take my mechanics advise anyway.

That said, there's definite benefits to being soft cleared by no redcheck on me D2 if I'd claimed, mostly explained by me being frequent mislynch bait.

---------- Post automerged at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

So, Reg was already unaligned with Owner, and now cleared by Cobalt.

Delphine
    Miner
    Regfan
    Cobalt

All mechanicly townfirmed unless shenanigans.

Owner is a dead witch
    Jan is a dead townie

Leaves 4 witches in:

Atum
    Fable
    Fontisian
    His Fluffiness
    KaiDASH
    Koalas
    Newcomb
    Rubicon
    The Waco Kid
    Vaimes
    Vira

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

Vaimes
    Vira
    At
    um
    Newcomb
    Waco
    KaiDASH

Rubicon
    Fonti

Fable
    Koalas
    Fluff

Will reread all the red ones today. Would like to lynch there.

---------- Post automerged at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

Vira, Fonti and Fable are furniture? Lock town? You mentioned Fonti was pretty townie, but could still be a witch earlier. Where did these people go Kai.

I get not mentioning Miner and Delphine for mechanicals, but not mentioning the others here implies they're never witches.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Lets do this;

@Kai - Run me through your thought process when dropping down the vote on me inside Post #1335 and called it a "Wait and see bandwagon in Post #1350 but that couldn't have been your initial intention given you were the first voter on it.

Fable - Can you explain the lead up to your vote on me because it doesn't really flow with your prior comments.

Reminder that you need to do this next time you're online.

Vira - In regards to your Post #1384 it's not so much "A quote a person" but moreso hunting from interactions on her end that I think are highly relevant re; others alignments. Here's a town game though I replaced in rather than started in the game and Here's a scum game.

Not arguing that "Scum didn't buss" nor am I arguing they did, I think taking a stance on that and saying "We should look into X/Y/Z" due to the vote count is a suboptimal play, much better just looking at everyone's reasoning for either being on the wagon or not being and then making motivation-based assessments.

Most of peoples reactions I'll look at and comment on when I actually go through their ISO's.

---------- Post automerged at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

I'm pretty sure Cobalts claim here and the manner he's gone about it makes him pretty much lock-town; I don't think as scum with Watcherman and having lost a partner D1 he uses it to attempt to link himself to me instead of a partner and think he'd have played the avenue of "He's my town read from D1" to look good if I somehow did get mslynched here rather than outright pulling that possibility off the table. Also think tonally throughout this day phase and inside his catch up posts on D1 his play matches his town meta much more than what I know of his scum one.

Pretty content moving forward with Cobalt/Delphine/Miner all being town and solving from there. Want to make sure I don't have any blind spots in my town reads outside of that pool before I start removing other names.

---------- Post automerged at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Also very tempted to ask Fluff just to hardclaim inside his next post.

---------- Post automerged at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

With that dumped, I'm going to get some dinner sorted and then start making my way through ISO's, promise I will attempt to condense my reads and thoughts on players when I post them so people actually read them for once.