1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Unvote.

My bad.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Like literally any other investigation and we'd have mass-clearances.

Jari pretty much can never lie there safely unless scum have Spiritualist as well since that can prove him as lying but Owners reaction towards lying down to the lynch pretty much made him as close to confimed scum as there can be. I also don't think Jaris mafia? But I really need to go back and look at him because that post that Newcomb quoted is questionable for Jari with the claim.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Unvote

/10char

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Is there any upside to mass-claiming here?

Mafia know where Watcherman/Oracle/Gravedigger/Priest/Acolyte/Inquistor is already, like they've got their night kills decided on. Surely it only benefits us while giving us a better idea of what abilities mafia might have?

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Unvote

I don't think eidolonic would like that previous color very much. :p

---------- Post automerged at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Can it be as easy as fonti/rubicon/waco/koalas?

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Like the only roles that haven't claimed are Apprentice/Peeping Tom/Spiritualist/Survivalist/Gambler/Benevolent Old Dame/Nurse/Judge/Hunter/Dirty Old Bastard/Loose Cannon/Assassin, mafia are pretty much never shooting into that pool over Priest/Acolyte etc.

Also nurse using their extra life on Delphine isn't a terrible idea too.

I had a few of those players as unaligned together, so probably not?

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Which ones?

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Also @Kai - Can you run through the Fable inquisitor selection choice please.

Don't think Koalas/Waco work together especially based around their push onto each other here, there's scum need to attempt to extent the lynch pool, not fight to kill each other. Also remember having something that pointed against Rubicon/Waco. Think there's a decent chance we're missing one.

---------- Post automerged at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Also @Kai / Anyone more familiar with the setup is there any downside to mass-claim here? Scum pretty much have their next few nights kills already decided and having a good idea whether town/scum players are holding the KP means we can organise a better way of winning this. There's a few specific plans we can orchestrate but I'd rather not mention them exactly until mass-claim has been finalised since I don't want to give mafia an idea on how to deal with it.

9. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

So, this happened. I'll leave people to figure shit out, but what's become clear from this is

Vote: Koalas

---------- Post automerged at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

Vote: Koalas

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Also we're not in a bad position today where if we mslynch here it'll be 2 townie inside the angel/demon chat and 1 scum meaning they can protect the priest giving us another nights investigation; to stop that from happening again mafia have to waste the haunt there likely giving us a 'guilties are confirmed guilty' night and if we hit scum we go to a 11-3 type situation with plenty of clears and interaction analysis to win the game with.

Pretty much despite the horrendous night choice last night we're still probably in a very favourable position right now; how far ahead we are does depend on the amount of KP mafia have inside their roles though.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Jarizok isn't town by necessity in this spot.

Owner was almost certainly a witch and he couldn't realistically claim otherwise.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Alright; I'm heading to bed, if Kai/others agree with mass-claim being the move here I'll claim when I wake up before I head to work.

Also I think I've almost certainly lost to Newcomb now, think my only come-back chance is if Vaimes is scum here. Just realised another Fable softclaim was the "Newcombs won I think" when I locked Fluff in as a guess for our challenge too.

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Sometimes I'm just amazing.

---------- Post automerged at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I don't know if we should mass claim right now, there are a few things that aren't known at this time that could be important.

Nurse shouldn't proc yet either.

I'm going to sleep then work so don't do anything that can't be undone before I can actually do stuff again (please... obviously).

---------- Post automerged at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

We probably want DOB to claim here.

Assassin and LC less relevant since we have no counterplay to them anyway.

Anyway bye.

---------- Post automerged at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

BTW nobody coach angels, Jan knows what to do.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Vote:Fontisian

Cuz I'm dope and I have dope reads.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Bluh.

You know jari can be town and Reg a witch, yeah. It's cobalt/Reg that are aligned.

---------- Post automerged at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Though if Reg was scum, Owner definitely would have haunted him, so it's fine.

I don't think fluff claiming was necessary and this was stupid.

---------- Post automerged at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Reg, thoughts on this, please.

---------- Post automerged at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Oh, duh, thought there wasn't an aco.

16. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Just going to hash this out for my own ease of thinking.

Barring CC (doubtful), Fable/Fluff confirmed town.

If Delphine is town, Miner is town. If Delphine is a witch, Miner is ??? (almost 100% a witch).

If Cobalt is town, Reg is town. If Cobalt is a witch, Reg is ???. (Probably a witch)

If Jarizok is town, Owner was a witch. If Jarizok is a witch, Owner is ??? (probably still a witch). At least one confirmed between Owner/Jarizok.

That it?

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

That is the game state.

18. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I feel like you can factor Kai in there as well.

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Let's play the "do we think witches would do x" game.

Do we think the witches knew Fluff was possibly the priest? I'm going to say, yes, because Rubicon and Kai both voted and at least one of them is probably a witch.

Do we think they then shared this information to the other witches?

Do we then see Witch!Jari putting two soon to be clear people in his top three scum reads?

I'ma say no.

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Fluff's dead anyway, so there's no point in intentionally lynching a townier person today, heh.

Kai's probably(?) town for softing the inquisitor check.

So we'll kill Kalas and Rubicon, then probably Waco. That leaves like Newcomb, Kai, Atum, Vira and Jari for the last one. Assuming Kalas is mafia (because he is, come on), Vira is clear. Kai's the inquis thing. Jari's got the reads things. Newcomb still p. town.

Hi Atum, what's up?

20. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

How?

There's potentially something you can infer with the timing of his soft (that completely went over my head, apparently), but mechanically, if he's town, what? If he's a witch, what?