1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

You guys are stuck on Mechanics Obsession Island.

I'm going to go read parts of D1.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Why were you skeptical of me earlier?

Newcomb that's not true.

3. Newcomb

No, I really am going to go read D1.

:v

4. KaiDASH

So it was exactly three people who expressed doubt prior to Waco's claim:

Vaimes, Cobalt and Rubicon.

That's a very particular number given that there are 4 witches alive.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vira

Still like Viras early read on me inside #139, the thought process shown is easy to follow and very believable. Did like her #550 in resposne towards me although that's not unfakeable.Her interaction with Owner inside #723 and #736 is a decent town indication and #819 where she voets me saying that "Owners made an ironclad case" sarcastically is just not an interaction I ever expect Vira as scum to make, it'd be incredibly condescending to do to a partner. An argument could be made that her #909 where she votes Miner over Owner has a lot of scum motivation towards it but it's a stance and vote I can very much follow and agreed with at the time.

Her asking people to unvote the smaller wagons but being happy with Newcomb maintaining his vote on Owner inside #1012 is a decent town tell in that a) It's very easy for her to include him as scum without getting any flack for it there and b) It's something that matches her reads and thoughts shared up to that stage. Her reads inside #1257 given the situation we're in actually look really good, same goes for her #1280.

Also Viras not W/W with Jarizok; Her questioning Owner, disliking her response in #354->#364 to Jarizok voting Owner in #379 and her questioning him on it in #380 combined with both of them being Owners only real scum reads means that them being a scum team is pretty much never the case.

Pretty comfortable calling her town again and happy to remove her from the PoE.

---------- Post automerged at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Kai not being the inquistor here kills most of the reasons I was town reading him based off recently. That said I don't think him softing it as a Non-Inquistor and not denying being the role is a scum tell though, just irritating.

---------- Post automerged at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------
    Newcomb - I'm going to need to see some real hard gamesolving from you today dude. I town read a lot of your play D1 pretty strongly and think the Owner push is certainly a point towards you being town but I'm worried the Jan kill fits more worlds where you're scum than town and with PoE increasing the odds of you being scum being able to rule you out confidently here is something I badly need to do moving forward.

Help me, help you!

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

By the way everyone, Kai softed LC and is probably planning to blow someone up soon.

7. KaiDASH

That's something I'd do as scum too.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Let him explode.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Just not at me plz.

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Huh, we could have the LC lynch the BoD if both are in the lynch pool :p.

10. Rubicon

Having to loudly remind myself we know reg is town.

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Same thought crosses my mind. There's only one chance Newcomb's scum (see my earlier post), so that was, yea...

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Saw it, not as convinced you are re; it. I think Newcomb distancing from a partner in the way he did Owner D1 isn't out of the realm of possibility particualrly when he would have thoguht Miner was going to get lynched. I'm also uh, not super impressed with Newcombs posting today so yeah, he's someone I want to reaffirm as being town here.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Want to do some VCA while at work, does anyone have the wagons at the time Delphine claimed?

14. KaiDASH

Don't dodge my question either, why were you skeptical of me earlier?

You won't dodge my followup.

15. Newcomb

Regfan did you ever go into why you thought Jarizok was lock town? You had him as your top town, Kai and I argued with you about that one post, you went "I see I haven't made myself clear" and I'm trying to remember if you ever followed up on it.

16. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Here it is:

Miner [6]: Fontisian, Regfan, Cobalt, Rubicon, Vira, Vaimes.
    Rubicon [3]: Fable, Delphine, His Fluffiness.
    Fable [2]: Jarizok, Waco.
    Owner [1]: Newcomb.
    Jarizok [2]: Owner, KaiDASH.
    Regfan [2]: Jan, Atum.
    Fontisian [1]: Miner.

Abstaining [1]: Koalas.

If it's wrong, blame yourself.

17. KaiDASH

hey newcomb did you ever post about what's going on right now?

18. Rubicon

KaiDASH, I was skeptical for the reasons I stated: you never explicitly claimed your role, and there were other explanations for your Fable read than having inside knowledge. With that in mind, the way you reacted to people calling you Inquisitor was sketchy as hell.

That reminds me, what was the thing you said I was missing? Was that part of your lie of omission or is there something deeper re: Fable that went over my head?

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    The Waco Kid; Best comparison I can draw to explain what I'm getting at is Jurassic Park Day 1 Vote Count, there 6 townies voting X=Y D1 (Who was town) and I was camping on a partner (Pozzai D1) as scum without pushing it through strongly, it was a distancing attempt to make myself look better when I eventually did buss him on D2, had X=Y done something inside the game to get himself town read and the wagon pulled off it'd have resulted in a very probably Pozzai lynch but if that happened I'd still have looked good.

Effectively, I don't see Newcombs vote on Owner there as something that's anywhere clearance level and want to see enough from him today that I can remove him from my PoE pool. If there's more that you're absolutely convinced makes him town here I'm all ears though.

Newcomb - I tocuhed on the Jari read again after that but he's on my list of players I've still got to go through today and I'll ping you when I get around to it.

20. Newcomb

Can you explain to me very clearly what's going on right now?

I saw Waco's CC and then you retracted and I just kind of threw up my hands and decided to ignore mechanics for a while and read some parts of D1, which I'm currently doing.