1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That's... less reassuring.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Not the bod.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Was going to wait until I'd gone through anyone to vote but feeling happy enough with this for now;

Vote: Koalas

I've got weak degrees of town reads on most players or at least things that make me doubt them being mafia but there's nothing inside Koalas's ISO that I've read as genuine or town at all and I can see the argument that his stance on Owner throughout D1 is scum distancing early on. There's also the argument he was attempting to link players to Owner post-flip early on but not doing anything to actively get her lynched there.

I'd be pretty shocked if this wasn't a hit just via how process of elimination is shaping up and my overall reads on the thread and his reaction towards the wagon and votes just look like frustrated scum.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

For someone who appears to have /some/ insight into my play, you were remarkably difficult with fontisian who has probably the best insight. (All the experts agree, tremendous insight.)

6. Newcomb

Okay, I finally see what you're saying and you have a decent point, I think.

Problem is, I don't really see this as a good /basis/ to lynch Waco here, especially considering that I have serious doubts about the reliability of our source of information (Jarizok) on Waco's flip.

And even then it's like... proooobably not a coordinated push against you from all three, right?

7. KaiDASH

We can use PT or Spiritualist to honesty check this one.

Plus if Waco is scum I don't think they can afford not to shoot Fluff here, which automatically confirms his alignment as scum.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Owner might have spewed jar villager but I'm not super sure. I'mma put some quotes together once I finish going through owner's ISO, I will say owner did a great job talking about nothing a majority of the time.

---------- Post automerged at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Both of these are in response to jar, how often does a witch ask another witch for reads and the one witch just says no? Usually that sort of thing is a signal to fake interaction not shut each other down.

Emphasis on the bolded here. This looks like owner singling out a target to me after jar had pressured her a little.

This is where I start to throw out the idea that this owner/jar stuff is just distancing, it feels like owner might seriously be trying to set jar up for a mislynch.

Can someone talk to me if rubicon is usually a slanker? Like is him posting this much AI at all?

Beyond that of interest is owner continuing to single jar out and push him, he feels pretty spewed to me at this point.

9. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Am Dame. And Dime.

10. Newcomb

[​IMG]

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb - Talk with me about the trio of Atum/Vira/Vaimes, what's your detailed reads and stance on them at the moment? Which of them would you confidently rule out here if any? What's your read on the Cobalt/Me situation? Some actual stances from you are required.

Fable - Welcome to my head; population you. Your Jari probably town via Owner interactions is something I mentioned inside #1362 and mentioned the section of Owners about Rubicon in #1518, he was very active in both MM & Owner Market, I don't know him as a "typically less active player" but apparently he was in the past? Either way her using his post count to sneak him into her town reads doesn't bode well.

Eh, would have much prefered someone I thought had a decent chance of being scum being the Dime, would have made the decision of what to do pretty straightforward. It being Atum makes me lean against lynching it and just aiming for scum instead and RIP Fluff?

12. KaiDASH

Ok given that claim I think I'm about here.

0-1 Witches:
    Vira
    Atum
    Jarizok
    Newcomb

3-4 Witches:
    Koalas
    Rubicon
    Vaimes
    Cobalt
    The Waco Kid

(Everyone not listed can is very likely town in my view).

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Given that Kai's literally the only person pressuring me can we agree I'm not a good target to blow up in advance k thanks bye

---------- Post automerged at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

if he's LC I'll move I guess. zzzz

Vote: Kalas

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Can I get these two reads elaborated on from you please. Also I know part of the reasoning behind your Fontisian town read but is there any more to it recently that you can run me through?

---------- Post automerged at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Probably little reason for Koalas to not claim in his next post here.

15. KaiDASH

Vaimes relies heavily on Waco, I think he's the most likely to have TMI'd in that spot.

Since you'll ask this next, Waco is half poe and half that he tried tying me to Kalas on really flimsy stuff.

Newcomb feels like town, some of what he's done unprompted look good and more generally how hes posted and that sort of thing. I mean he could be but atm that'd be a hard sell for me.

16. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Does Atum's claim make him more likely to be town? Not sure what BD strategy is like.

We were talking about reasons to clear you. There was the Inquisitor thing, then fontisian said that you would not have told Owner to haunt regfan after she was outed. This assumes you were coaching owner after she outed herself, which is impossible due to when it happened.

It's possible I wasn't good at explaining myself, that happens sometimes. And we were talking about two separate issues at once.

That Owner comment was witch bs, the game in question never occurred.

[self-meta] I have been known to lurk more often as scum, but it's not 100% [/self-meta]

---------- Post automerged at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

I feel like I need to point out that KaiDASH also didn't claim LC yet.

:colbert:

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Inclined to think it makes him slightly more town given he's aware or at least should be that we're contemplating lynching that person today but someone more experienced at WH can comment on this.

Prepared to have egg on my face here but I the bolded is almost certainly untrue? And you thinking that might mean that you're town here? Ugh.

---------- Post automerged at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Like I assume scum aren't given a new QT and therefore she can still read the scum QT and whatever messages they've given to her in them, she just can't respond?

18. KaiDASH

Well, no. She said that for Owner's hauntings that night, Regfan would not have been included at all were I a witch. Owner outing herself and it's timing is irrelevant to her overall point because Owner was obviously scum anyway given her lack of participation leading up to end of day.

19. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Witches are always given a new QT after one dies, reg. Otherwise the whole demon thing would be trivial.

20. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Given that we were talking about lynching this role when I last checked in (page 33), not sure how much scum motivation could be behind probably getting lynched toDay. Unless we've changed our minds since then?